"And you are complete in him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

daqq

Define "sinning".

Oh, Oh, can I give some definitions? Here are a couple doosies from the Master Teacher:

Matthew 5:22 KJV
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

"Raca" = empty one, worthless one, good for nothing . . .
"Thou Fool" = blockhead, idiot, MORON . . . :chuckle:

Matthew 15:18-19 KJV
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

What proceeds from the mouth comes forth from the heart, such as MURDERS, and those things defile the man.

Therefore:

1 John 3:14-15 KJV
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Perhaps I may be a moron for what I believe, (according to some), but at least I know by the Testimony of Yeshua how to refrain my tongue from MURDERS and hopefully keep myself from becoming a walking dead man abiding in death. And there are plenty more, ehem, "sins", which the Master speaks plainly about. It is shocking to see how so many calling themselves Christians appear to know so little about such things. Oh well, to each his or her own I suppose. :)

beameup

Oh, Oh, can I give some definitions? Here are a couple doosies from the Master Teacher:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

What proceeds from the mouth comes forth from the heart, such as MURDERS, and those things defile the man.

Therefore:

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Perhaps I may be a moron for what I believe, (according to some), but at least I know by the Testimony of Yeshua how to refrain my tongue from MURDERS and hopefully keep myself from becoming a walking dead man abiding in death. And there are plenty more, ehem, "sins", which the Master speaks plainly about. It is shocking to see how so many calling themselves Christians appear to know so little about such things. Oh well, to each his or her own I suppose. :)

Yes, you can focus night-and-day on yourself and your sins. The Devil is delighted when one indulges in this activity of "self-introspection" constantly.
Or, you could just read Romans 7...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When I said Paul never spoke against Jewish law, Clete said, "You're a moron. Good bye."

Does anyone besides Clete believe that Paul perjured himself when he testified before Festus at Caesarea? Paul testified, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all." (Acts 25:8)

Robert Pate

Banned
When I said Paul never spoke against Jewish law, Clete said, "You're a moron. Good bye."

Does anyone besides Clete believe that Paul perjured himself when he testified before Festus at Caesarea? Paul testified, "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar have I offended in anything at all." (Acts 25:8)

Paul never said anything bad about the law. He just said that it is no longer needed.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall be no flesh justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Ben Masada

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If we are complete "In Christ" then what good is Catholicism and all of those other holiness religions?

If we are complete "In Christ" then why does anyone need to be predestinated?

What religion is trying to do in the flesh (become holy) God has ALREADY done for us in Jesus Christ. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". Jesus is our new Adam and our new humanity, this is why Paul could now say... "You are complete in him". The law has been fulfilled and abolished. Sin and the sins of the world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. We now stand as COMPLETE "In Christ".

The scripture does not say, you can (become) complete in Christ, the scripture says, you are now complete "In Christ". This is not something that you can obtain through the works of the law. This is something that becomes ours by faith in Jesus Christ. When someone comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, God places them "In Christ". The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ". If God does not see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, you will not receive the Holy Spirit.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in Christ and in Christ alone for your salvation. It is NOT Jesus Christ plus Catholicism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus Calvinism. It is Jesus Christ plus nothing.

I am complete in Jehovah, the Lord Almighty Himself Who is my Savior and Redeemer. Read Isaiah 43:1-3.

Ben Masada

Your religion is obsolete. It was abolished when Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and the sins of the whole world, Matthew 27:51.

According to whom, to you? Oh! I remember; when the veil of the Temple was torn from up to bottom? Since the Talmud was written between 200 BCE and until 200 ACE, I took the time to read it all and I found nothing of the sort to have happened in the First Century. Such an event could not have been missed. Besides, after Jesus' death on the cross, the Temple was not destroyed for another 40 years.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
According to whom, to you? Oh! I remember; when the veil of the Temple was torn from up to bottom? Since the Talmud was written between 200 BCE and until 200 ACE, I took the time to read it all and I found nothing of the sort to have happened in the First Century. Such an event could not have been missed. Besides, after Jesus' death on the cross, the Temple was not destroyed for another 40 years.
Such a thing could not be in the Talmud, because nothing in it pre-200 ACE. It is post-200 ACE at best. nice try.

daqq

Therefore:

Yes, you can focus night-and-day on yourself and your sins. The Devil is delighted when one indulges in this activity of "self-introspection" constantly.
Or, you could just read Romans 7...

There is so much wrong with your reply within the context of what I posted from the words of Messiah. Do you not see that you are responding to statements made by the Messiah from the scripture we all here claim to love and uphold? How can you say that doing what Yeshua says to do is pleasing or delightful to the Devil? Do you not understand what it means to blaspheme? or do you not care whether or not you might be blaspheming because you consider yourself above the law and the teachings of Yeshua? You have by default implied that doing what Yeshua says to do is delightful to the Devil. Yeshua paid for his Testimony with his own blood at Golgotha: you therefore trample his Testimony and his blood when you belittle and denigrate his teachings and commandments. In addition what is this you say about night and day and why do you assume that everyone else is just like yourself? There is no night in Olam Haba where I am. Have you not read? Therefore if anyone be in Messiah, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Behold, the Tabernacle of Elohim is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and Elohim himself shall be with them, and be their Elohim. And Elohim shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new! (These words are true and faithful). You therefore not only blaspheme Messiah and his teachings by equating him with the Devil but you blaspheme those tabernacling in the heavens; and that doosy is right out of Revelation 13:6, which says, And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against Elohim, to blaspheme His name, and his Tabernacle, and those tabernacling in the heavens. And no doubt this is true because you speak with the mouth of a lion, revealing that your heart is given over to the wild beast of a lion, and these things are all having been written for our benefit and learning; Let his heart be changed from that of a man, and let the heart of a beast be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him. This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the Most High rules in the dominion of men, and gives it to whomsoever he will, and sets up over it the humblest of men, (Daniel 4:16-17), and likewise, The first beast was like a lion, and had wings of an eagle: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and the heart of a man was given to it, (Daniel 7:4).

Do you see it yet beast man? It is exactly as Yeshua says: what proceeded from your mouth came forth from your heart, and therefore you reveal that your heart is given over to the first beast like a lion because you speak with the mouth of a lion, (Matthew 15:18, Daniel 4:16, Daniel 7:4, Revelation 13:2). And the bad news is that there be three more generations of beast to come before the Deliverer comes forth out of Zion: and who shall live when El does this? :chuckle:

Jeremiah 31:27-31 KJV
27 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man,
and with the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.
29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.
But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
His new covenant
31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not to worry beast-man; it is going to be for your own good and Restful End, (and there will be no night there). :)

beloved57

"And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If we are complete "In Christ" then what good is Catholicism and all of those other holiness religions?

If we are complete "In Christ" then why does anyone need to be predestinated?

What religion is trying to do in the flesh (become holy) God has ALREADY done for us in Jesus Christ. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". Jesus is our new Adam and our new humanity, this is why Paul could now say... "You are complete in him". The law has been fulfilled and abolished. Sin and the sins of the world have been atoned for, 1 John 2:2. We now stand as COMPLETE "In Christ".

The scripture does not say, you can (become) complete in Christ, the scripture says, you are now complete "In Christ". This is not something that you can obtain through the works of the law. This is something that becomes ours by faith in Jesus Christ. When someone comes to Christ as a repentant sinner to be saved by him, God places them "In Christ". The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ". If God does not see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, you will not receive the Holy Spirit.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in Christ and in Christ alone for your salvation. It is NOT Jesus Christ plus Catholicism, nor is it Jesus Christ plus Calvinism. It is Jesus Christ plus nothing.

You teach that men and women who are complete in Christ still manage to wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief!

beloved57

No, he fulfilled it then he abolished it. He did that in our name and on our behalf.

To be under the law is to be under condemnation.

This is why Paul said, "There is therefore no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1.

Why do you want to be subject to the law? The law will condemn you to hell.

False statements.

beameup

do you not care whether or not you might be blaspheming because you consider yourself above the law and the teachings of Yeshua?
excerpt: much too rambling and nonsense in the entire post
________________________________________________________________________________________

You are mixing two different messages for two different groups. But you are not "alone" as that is precisely what the Roman Catholic Church did upon its formation in 4th century and what Paul struggled against.
Until you "sort out" what I'm saying, you will forever be in a state of "confusion" as to what God expects of you. The Devil "takes advantage" of this weakness.
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers-- Romans 15:8
But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me [Paul], as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter -- Galatians 5:7

Read Romans 7. Repeat. Repeat again. Repeat until you understand.

Last edited:

marhig

Paul never said anything bad about the law. He just said that it is no longer needed.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall be no flesh justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Maybe you need to read the end of that chapter

Romans 3

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

daqq

You are mixing two different messages for two different groups. But you are not "alone" as that is precisely what the Roman Catholic Church did upon its formation in 4th century and what Paul struggled against.
Until you "sort out" what I'm saying, you will forever be in a state of "confusion" as to what God expects of you. The Devil "takes advantage" of this weakness.
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers-- Romans 15:8

King Jimmy and his court of court jesters have lied to you and you have bitten down hard on a jagged hook.
Young's Literal Bible also follows the Textus Receptus, (like the KJV), and correctly renders the passage:

Romans 15:8 YLT (Young's Literal Bible)
8 And I say Jesus Christ to have become a ministrant of circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises to the fathers,

The American Standard Version follows the Westcott-Hort text and also gives the correct reading:

Romans 15:8 ASV
8 For I say that Christ hath been made a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, that he might confirm the promises given unto the fathers,

Neither of them say what you and king Jimmy say, but rather, that Yeshua HAS BECOME the [new] Minister of the circumcision, (just as he is the neos-New Mediator of the kainos-New-Renewed Covenant). Therefore YOU must also be circumcised, and that is to say, circumcised in heart according to not only Paul but Moshe as stated in the Torah. So when did this happen to you? Please do not try to tell me when you first beleeeved, (LOL). I will show you when it is going to happen but the timing is known only by the Father, (for it is the appointed time when a child becomes a son).

Hosea 13:6-12
6 According to their pasture, so were they filled; they were filled,
and their heart was exalted; therefore have they forgotten Me.
7 Therefore I will be unto them as
a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them:
8 I will meet them as
a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.
9 O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in Me is thine help.
10 I will be thy King: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes?
11 I gave thee a king in Mine anger, and will take him away in My fury.
12 The iniquity of Ephraim is bound up; his sin is hidden.

Do you see it yet, O Ephraim? A lion, a leopard, and a she-bear robbed of her cubs, and yes, that fourth generation beast is going to rend that iron chestplate over your heart so that you may live: and Zerubbabel himself will remove the headstone so that it may be truly circumcised, and your heart of stone will be changed to a heart of flesh, and there will be shoutings, Grace! Grace to him! And then and only then will you truly understand grace, O king. :)

Proverbs 30:11-14
11 There is a generation
[1] that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.
12 There is a generation
[2] that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.
13 There is a generation,
[3] O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.
14 There is a generation,
[4] whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, [teeth of iron - Daniel 7:7] to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.

:sheep: