All the apostles of Christ preached the grace message

Zeke

Funny enough, this happens to be Terence McLean's blog update for today wherein he answers a similar point (funny how timely these have been).

Been to ole Terence Mclean's church in Ohio even purchased is dispenstaional dvd so I know what he his teaching, yet the real issue concerns the kingdom which would include the heavenly one, all things being one in Christ and all concerning the spiritual body, so yo can spin it till the literal cows come home but the historical assertions/traditions of men don't hold any spiritual waters.

musterion

Been to ole Terence Mclean's church in Ohio even purchased is dispenstaional dvd so I know what he his teaching, yet the real issue concerns the kingdom which would include the heavenly one, all things being one in Christ and all concerning the spiritual body, so yo can spin it till the literal cows come home but the historical assertions/traditions of men don't hold any spiritual waters.

He was a bit of a drive for me but I did attend Marv Wiseman's until I moved.

Maybe you should email your objections to McLean, since you're on terms with him and all.

Zeke

What finally broke you of your dispensationalism?

Mostly when I grasp that the stories weren't meant to be taken historically, and that the intent of scripture was about the inner kingdom told in parable and allegory Galatians 4:24, Luke 17:20-21, Gen 32:30. Plus the exclusive nature of all carnal minded doctrines that think others are doomed to eternal punishment based on the historical perception, Hell being a fear based brain washing that was introduced by men when the spirit comes to save instead of destroy Luke 9:54-56.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You two happen to have adhered yourself to the "Kingdom Gospel" that was only meant for the House of Israel. The problem for both of you is, there's no Kingdom Gospel being preached today and worse yet, so far, you've lost out on the Grace Gospel, because, you reject it.

Are you not covered by the Abrahamic covenant?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Madists claim to be under no covenant with God whatsoever,

and claim to be baptized into the actual body of Christ Himself without being a member of Christ's Bride which they claim is reserved for the Jews.

Go figure.

LA

say what? Explain in more depth.

musterion

Mostly when I grasp that the stories weren't meant to be taken historically,

Examples, please. I'd like to see if what you're referring to is something exclusive to disp'ism.

and that the intent of scripture was about the inner kingdom told in parable and allegory Galatians 4:24, Luke 17:20-21, Gen 32:30.

Who determines what is and isn't allegorical or literal, and how do they determine it?

Plus the exclusive nature of all carnal minded doctrines that think others are doomed to eternal punishment based on the historical perception,

Meaning what, exactly, and is that a distinctive of disp'ism?

Hell being a fear based brain washing that was introduced by men when the spirit comes to save instead of destroy Luke 9:54-56.

So does that mean you're a universalist?

musterion

Madists claim to be under no covenant with God whatsoever,

Yup. Show where God in the N.T. spoke to non-proselyte Gentiles, totally apart from Israel, and made any covenant with them, and you win.

Stipulation: the verse you cite must be in the context of non-proselyte Gentiles, and must use the word "covenant." Chapter and verse on that, please.

and claim to be baptized into the actual body of Christ Himself without being a member of Christ's Bride which they claim is reserved for the Jews.

So you believe Christ is going to marry Himself?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yup. Show where God in the N.T. spoke to non-proselyte Gentiles, totally apart from Israel, and made any covenant with them, and you win.

The only relationship with Christ for anyone today is through God's covenant with Abraham.

Galatians 3:29: "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Father selects Christ's bride. Christ and his bride become one in Spirit.

Revelation 22:17: "And the Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!' And let him who hears say, 'Come!' And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Stipulation: the verse you cite must be in the context of non-proselyte Gentiles, and must use the word "covenant." Chapter and verse on that, please.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

No.

Christ will marry His bride which is His Body on earth.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

LA

Alaya

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the fir'mstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

No.

Christ will marry His bride which is His Body on earth.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

LA

Amen, Amen, Amen. :)

Ben Masada

All the Apostles of Jesus Preached the Grace Message.

No, grace message was preached by Paul. I mean, grace of the NT kind. The Apostles of Jesus preached the gospel of Jesus whose theme was to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)I don't mean that the gospel of Jesus was destitute of grace because the Law had been given as a result of God's grace so that man could live in society and not under the law of the jungle.