Alcohol use Poll

Alcohol use Poll

• Drinking is sinful.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

csuguy

"People who drink usually are sinners." - shouldn't everyone being selecting this one, regardless of whether or not alcohol is sinful in of itself ;)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My issue is every time you buy alcohol you are keeping an industry alive which does destroy lives....same with baccy.

Also how can you counsel a drug user since baccy and alcohol are drugs?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
have you ever bought a car?

No....that stopped you in your tracks didn't it.

I have no sense of speed and distance, I am lethal even with a shopping trolley. Someone took me for a lesson once and we ended up in a ditch at 45 degrees....:eek:

Had to be towed out.

Quincy

I don't drink alcohol, I have no interest in doing it and I'd rather not be around anyone doing it, same with most vices people have. That's just me, though.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

I have no sense of speed and distance, I am lethal even with a shopping trolley. Someone took me for a lesson once and we ended up in a ditch at 45 degrees....:eek:

Had to be towed out.

well I buy cars
so
does that make me responsible for anything you might do with one?

Morpheus

I don't drink alcohol, I have no interest in doing it and I'd rather not be around anyone doing it, same with most vices people have. That's just me, though.

I noticed that you live in Kentucky. Are you a hermit? The original KY flag was a tobacco leaf with a Mason jar of 'shine drawn on it.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The last time this country outlawed alcohol it didn't work out exactly as anticipated. :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
well I buy cars
so

No sorry ...not the same, cars are not a drug to which people become addicted and destroy their lives and the lives of others.

I agree you cain't ban it but you can make a personal choice.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Had to be towed out.

shopping trolley? Is that the same as a buggy? I used the riding carts, and usually hit some things on the isles. I have not hit a person.

My car, so far, since 2012, I had one incident, at the emergency parking, the hand brake on too lose. and the funny little car moved backwards into the yellow post. It did some damage; the break was not defective, so, I had not pulled it enough, and it could have hit a person!

OK, had this happened again, I might have sold the car and not having transportation, I would have to rely totally on others to get by. Since, I had no incidents, I have kept the car, and I limit my driving to when I feel my best.

On the highway, I seem to drive much better than in town where lanes and turns sometimes become overwhelming. One tank of gas gets me though the winter.

Before I bought this car, I did not drive, yet kept a car and insurance, even though I had not driven in two years, After that, I sold the car and did not drive a few years.

To drive again, i had to take the diving test like a kid and I passed with a score of 85; I felt a bit silly, yet I had to take it to drive legally.

The way I see it, who has to drink to be more autonomous? I seems silly to regard driving the same as drinking, unless you mix them!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I agree, yet I do not mind any adult have a drink with a meal, or even beer at home; what I dislike is drinking all the time, on a regular basis, even when one does not become drunk.

Morpheus

well I buy cars
so

I think he was meaning that selling alcohol in the States is like someone handing out Hershey bars at a weight-loss clinic.

Attempting to exempt booze manufacturers of any culpability is similar to what used to be done with tobacco companies. They make their livings off of glamorizing vice.

Where there is darkness crimes will be committed. The guilty one is not merely he who commits the crime but he who caused the darkness.
Victor Hugo​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My choice is not listed. It is neither moral nor immoral. Being a drunk is immoral. Now pass the scotch.

I decided to pick the first one. Children don't have the same rights as adults.

Levolor

I believe people can make their own decisions regarding this. I don't think poorly of those who drink and do not think it is a moral issue.

While I have no problem with those who drink, I don't drink, and it's not for lack of trying in my younger days. It just doesn't agree with me physically. I voted that I did not like being around drinkers only because no matter how many times you are around them and you are not drinking, the drinkers always seem to encourage, on the order of insisting, that I have a drink too. There's no respect for the non-drinker it seems... especially as the number of drinks consumed has increased.

The observations I have made from watching drinking and drunken behavior can be boiled down to one statement: There's a reason alcohol is called spirits.

As said previously, i don't think drinking is a morality issue, but if used to excess, it definitely becomes a spiritual issue.