Alcohol use Poll

• Drinking is sinful.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would have no problem whatsoever with alcohol being banned. Completely. All of it. Across the board.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I thought the first one was too vague to endorse singularly. Alcohol should be restricted to those twenty five and older, who have a fully developed prefrontal cortex and enough of a start at life experience to drink responsibly...also being removed from college environments and the juvenile temptations to abuse the substance wedded to those institutions too often.

In may ways I agree, yet I cannot see sending one who cannot drink to fight in a war? Voting is not enough, besides 18 seems too young and it seems the worst amendment since A 18!
21 seems right to me, as we shall know by A 18 and drugs, kids get what is illegal. The medical would be ideal, if we had no illegal markets.
Goodnight

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Drunkenness is a sinful behavior, and is spoken against in the Bible!
But, obviously there was the "marriage at Cana" and the Bible speaks
of Christ creating a "fine wine" for those who attended the wedding!

If a brother or sister in Christ have a couple of glasses of alcohol, I
don't see any problem! However, if it leads to drunkenness then, it
becomes another issue! Personally, I don't partake of any alcoholic
beverages. I have but, that was in the past!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
alcohol destroys families, kills slowly and/or quickly. i've known alot of alcoholics and addicts. alcohol is so widely available, cheap, accepted, and practically encouraged.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
What was Jesus Christ's First recorded Miracle, in front of Many People; in the New Testament?

Think... Critically.

It helps.

What was the Very First Action Noah took, after he Survived the Destruction of the World by Water?

: D

=M=

Of Course; Another great Lesson that the Bible Holds, is that: "Drunk People do make Really Bad Choices".

But, again; So do people that make Bad Decisions in the First place... And, they tend to be the ones in my own Experience that make the Choice to become alcoholics in the First Place, given their inability to make rational decisions that concern all the possible repercussions. Like driving a Car Drunk, or getting that wasted in the First Place is a bad decision.

I mean, what are you working towards... other than a "Hang-Over", of Course.

I personally prefer God Given Marijuana over Alcohol any day of the Year; but, I have been known to put back a few Stiff Drinks, if I feel the Occasion calls for it.

Oh! Like say, A Wedding... or something like that. : D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I drink beer in moderation
I know and understand why some cannot drink at all

drinking and posting can result in disruptions which are often considered unnecessary

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
About this:

Alcohol should be restricted to protect children.

This is ok in itself but I think there is an unfortunate tendency to make the state responsible for how we bring up our children. Making a law to protect children from alcohol will not help children and only cause friction with parents who want to introduce their children to alcohol in moderation. Allowing children to have this in moderation has one big benefit. It teaches them discipline and realism. An outright ban only reinforces children's curiosity and the moment they are old enough they will go on a binge. Parents are key to the proper raising of children, not laws. This is what we in Britain call the nanny state. We get too much of it here because we are a relatively small country and it is easier for laws to control its citizens. Many of us don't want this any more. So be warned. Where there is too much health and safety law, people grow up unable to face real dangers and ignorant of what to do when they have to think for themselves.

Last edited:

bybee

About this:

Alcohol should be restricted to protect children.

This is ok in itself but I think there is an unfortunate tendency to make the state responsible for how we bring up our children. Making a law to protect children from alcohol will not help children and only cause friction with parents who want to introduce their children to alcohol im moderation. Allowing children to have this in moderation has one big benefit. It teaches them discipline and realism. An outright ban only reinforces children's curiosity and the moment they are old enough they will go on a binge. Parents are key to the proper raising of children, not laws. This is what we in Britain call the nanny state. We get too much of it here because we are a relatively small country and it is easier for laws to control its citizens. Many of us don't want this any more. So be warned. Where there is too much health and safety law, people grow up unable to face real dangers and ignorant of what to do when they have to think for themselves.

My parents drank alcohol in moderation. It was considered unseemly to drink too much. I was allowed a sip of wine if I asked. It tasted horrible to me. It was not a mystery and not something I desired.
As an adult I drink in moderation if at all.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My parents drank alcohol in moderation. It was considered unseemly to drink too much. I was allowed a sip of wine if I asked. It tasted horrible to me. It was not a mystery and not something I desired.
As an adult I drink in moderation if at all.

Yes, thanks. I'm exactly the same. I had my first tipple for about 3 years at New Year.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then you are saying drinking is not a moral issue, but being drunk is a moral issue. I will concur.

Amiel's points are valid. Some people abuse sex, a reward of marriage. Because some men commit rape doesn't mean sex is wrong.

bybee

Amiel's points are valid. Some people abuse sex, a reward of marriage. Because some men commit rape doesn't mean sex is wrong.

The gifts of God are for the people of God. If love is the basis for our words and our deeds we are on a good path.
Of course we must not forget that loving rebuke is one of our obligations.
I am quite sure that you shall not forget!

PureX

This is a poll to examine views on the use of alcohol, and being this would be your position, I feel it would be best as an open poll. Pick as many as apply to you, if none apply, state why. Please leave comments and try to stay on topic.
I am a recovered alcoholic, so I do not drink any alcohol at all. And I am keenly aware of it's dangers.

But most people are not alcoholic, and will never become alcoholic. So for them, the moderate use of alcohol is both a reasonable and enjoyable thing to do. It is not a sin, nor a moral flaw to use alcohol.

Alcohol should be kept away from children and the mentally handicapped except perhaps in very small amounts, because it does alter human perception and so can be dangerous to those who are not sufficiently capable of understanding and accommodating those altered perceptions.