Advice for Bowie Fans, Hillary & the NFL

heir

TOL Subscriber
David Bowie was a proud and unrepentant bisexual Al (the "B" in the LGBTQ acronym). If repenting ones sins (turning away from past beliefs and behaviors) isn't a prerequisite to Heaven, then you, SaulToPaul and heir are all going to have a wonderful time in Heaven with David Bowie.
Anyone who has trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV has already been raised up together and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6 KJV)!

But we can see that you haven't as you have a list of things you're going to do to save yourself so you have believed not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) what God said is the power of God to save you (Romans 1:16 KJV). According to your perverted gospel (which is no good news at all) there was no need for Christ to die at all! You'll just jump through some religious hoops that man has created (Colossians 2:8 KJV) and save yourself! Oh, but there's still that pesky problem for you: sin dwelleth in you and what are the wages of sin? The answer is death. How are you going to get yourself out of the grave?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Provided he [Bowied] asked for God's forgiveness (repented).

Nope.

His sins were paid for at the cross no matter what.

Salvation is by faith alone, and has nothing to do with sins.

You just contradicted yourself. You're implying that Christ paid for everyone's sins (even if they don't repent) and then you said that a person has to have faith.

Which is it?

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
(Let's see heir outdo that number of verses).

All sins were paid for at the cross.

To bring up someone's sins again, would be double jeopardy.

It only would be double jeopardy if the person was a Christian. It's quite obvious that Bowie wasn't.

Provided he asked for God's forgiveness (repented).

Again, all sins were paid for at the cross. No one has to ask for forgiveness, they were paid in full.

Salvation is by faith and faith alone.

You just contradicted yourself again.

Quote:
1). I've never been proud of my sinful behavior and purposely lead others into sin, something that David Bowie did while he was alive.

As a sinner, you are no better, and no different than David Bowie.

In fact, you may even be a bigger sinner than David Bowie.

I'm not the one justifying sinful behavior here, you are.

Quote:
2). If you want to identify with a cross dressing bisexual (the "B" in the LGBTQ acronym), be my guest. I'm better than that.

No you are not.

You are no different than David Bowie when it comes to sin.

You can keep believing that the law abiding citizen is no better than the child molester/indoctrinator in the Eyes of God, but that's on you, not me.

Matthew 18:6

3). I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. David Bowie didn't.

Good for you (I mean that sincerely). I have no idea if David Bowie believed in Christ Jesus. However, what I do know is that David Bowie's sins have nothing to do with whether he did or not.

Repentance (turning away from the old and accepting the new) is one of the key tenets of Christianity.

I see proud and unrepentant sinners like David Bowie everyday here in Sodomy and Gonorrhea North (Seattle WA).

You are a sinner, and are no better than they are.

I believe you've mentioned that already.

Take a tip from the Apostle Paul. Consider yourself the biggest sinner there is, and you won't come across as such a self-righteous, legalistic, Bible thumper.

I consider myself a much bigger sinner than David Bowie. I commit whopper sins everyday. Thank goodness, by grace, I have been saved by faith in Christ Jesus.

Would that be the same Apostle Paul who said:

When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers...

1 I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you—something that even pagans don’t do. I am told that a man in your church is living in sin with his stepmother. 2 You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship.

3 Even though I am not with you in person, I am with you in the Spirit. And as though I were there, I have already passed judgment on this man 4 in the name of the Lord Jesus. You must call a meeting of the church. I will be present with you in spirit, and so will the power of our Lord Jesus. Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord returns.

6 Your boasting about this is terrible. Don’t you realize that this sin is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old “yeast” by removing this wicked person from among you. Then you will be like a fresh batch of dough made without yeast, which is what you really are. Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us. 8 So let us celebrate the festival, not with the old bread of wickedness and evil, but with the new breadof sincerity and truth.

9 When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. 11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

1 CORINTHIANS 5

Or how about this one?

12“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”b 17But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.c

18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

1 Corinthians 6

God takes sexual immorality seriously, so serious that He destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and ordered adulterers and homosexuals to be executed.*

*Under Jewish law. Jesus rescinded the penalty phase but still acknowledges the seriousness of sexual sins.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I made the case and it's case closed for religious believe notters such as yourself who refuse to admit that salvation is by grace through faith and that the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV although no longer to the Jew first, but to all men as the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). Salvation is not a list of religious things YOU or anyone else requires of someone. You show who are the "perverts" here every time you imply someone goes to hell for what they do in the flesh! They don't! You are an enemy of the cross! (Philippians 3:18-19 KJV).

Once again, you speak like an ignorant fool. Repentance is not the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. The gospel of Christ is (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Get it through that thick skull of yours.

Your questions have nothing to do with the issue of salvation. You have no gospel. You are nothing more than a tinkling cymbal. I'm not answering any of your questions that are designed to change the topic. The topic is salvation.

Great post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
ACW ought to just admit/confess he is an unbelieving hate monger.
ACW has more hatred in his little finger, than most unbelieving hate mongers
have in their whole wretched body.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
ACW ought to just admit/confess he is an unbelieving hate monger.

Oh how I remember in my "Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized!" threads how I exposed people who amongst other things physically molest and indoctrinate children.

And what did Grosnick Marowbe do?

Attacked the messenger.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ died for the sins of all mankind two thousand years ago. There's
not a single type of sin that was left unpaid for. However, in order to
reap the benefits of His death and resurrection one must, hear the
Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) place all their faith in Christ, be sealed,
and indwelt by the Holy Spirit and baptized (not by water) into the
Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Such a one receives the righteousness of Christ. Revelation tells us
that the unsaved will stand before God and be judged according to
their works. It doesn't say according to their sins.

Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;
and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and
they were judged every man according to their works."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh how I remember in my "Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized!" threads how I exposed people who amongst other things physically molest and indoctrinate children.

And what did Grosnick Marowbe do?

Attacked the messenger.

If you were a member of the Body of Christ and trying to
minister and witness to homosexuals about their dire
position before God, then, I wouldn't attack you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
ACW is speaking from his hate filled heart, mind and soul. He's not looking
to preach the Gospel to the unsaved homosexual, he's merely judging and
condemning them because of his hatred for them. There's a big difference.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Can a guy like David Bowie hear the Gospel and be saved before he dies/died?
Of course he could have? We don't know that he didn't? ACW wasn't at Bowie's
deathbed. One can become a child of God, five or ten minutes before death and
spend eternity in Heaven. Does anyone here doubt that?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That being said: I swear I asked you some questions that went unanswered. In case they mysteriously disappeared, here they are again:

How do you feel about 58 million unborn babies being murdered in the womb in a 43 period heir? How do you feel about children being indoctrinated to the ways of sexual perversion and contracting deadly incurable diseases before their 15th birthday, or do you try not to think about those "dwelleth in the flesh" things?

Your questions have nothing to do with the issue of salvation. You have no gospel. You are nothing more than a tinkling cymbal. I'm not answering any of your questions that are designed to change the topic. The topic is salvation.

We're talking about 58 million unborn babies who have been murdered in the womb over a 43 year period. And guess who is responsible for a substantial part of the infanticide heir?

A... study by The Center For Reason (www.CenterForReason.com) finds that Christians have just as many abortions as their non-Christian counterparts. The study concludes that in the year 2000, Christians were responsible for 570,000 abortions...

The study, available as a downloadable report, reveals that Christians have just as many abortions as non-Christians. Data analyzed for all fifty states show that the rate of abortion is the same in the most-Christian segments of the population as it is in the least-Christian...

http://etb-political.blogspot.com/2012/03/christians-have-as-many-abortions-as.html

When people falsely believe that they can do anything that they want because they are "saved", innocent people die: 10's of millions of them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

David Bowie was definitely a fruit (the "B" in the LGBTQ acronym). If you believe that he accepted God's grace (one either accepts it or rejects it, and there are actions that follow when you become a follower of Christ...memorizing Scripture thinking that will impress God isn't one of them) make your case.

If David Bowie had repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, the moral degenerates that gave him accolades would have known it and would have spit on his grave. People don't live a life of proud sinful behavior and take their repentance silently to the grave with them.

That being said: I swear I asked you some questions that went unanswered. In case they mysteriously disappeared, here they are again:

God set rules for man to live by. Will they buy that person a ticket to Heaven? NO! But that doesn't mean that those rules (laws and cultural mores') aren't of the utmost importance to societies.
How do you feel about 58 million unborn babies being murdered in the womb in a 43 period heir? How do you feel about children being indoctrinated to the ways of sexual perversion and contracting deadly incurable diseases before their 15th birthday, or do you try not to think about those "dwelleth in the flesh" things?

And then this one:

I can't help but notice how well you bond with proud and unrepentant sinners (the former? Satanist ^ is a prime example). Are you sharing the gospel with them? (if so, I must have missed your sermons).

These sinners that you hate so much, why don't you spend your
time praying for their salvation, witnessing Christ to them, preaching
the Gospel to them?

Instead, you've chosen a particular sin that you hate, and spend all
your time ranting and raving about it. Maybe if you were to put
your energies into spreading the Gospel to them, and stop putting
your energies into hating them, maybe they might place their faith
in Christ and forsake that sin that you hate so much?

WizardofOz

These sinners that you hate so much, why don't you spend your
time praying for their salvation, witnessing Christ to them, preaching
the Gospel to them?

Instead, you've chosen a particular sin that you hate, and spend all
your time ranting and raving about it. Maybe if you were to put
your energies into spreading the Gospel to them, and stop putting
your energies into hating them, maybe they might place their faith
in Christ and forsake that sin that you hate so much?

Good post

elohiym

I don't know what he believed, but the implication from BEL (and you who sound an awful lot like them) is that "He is in hell right now" for what he did in his flesh. Nothing can be further from the truth!

I agree that he is not in Hell now for two reasons. First, I believe in annihilation, not eternal torture in a place called Hell because the former is better supported by scripture and common sense. Second, even if there were a place called Hell, and even if David Bowie were destined for that place, he would remain in the grave until the resurrection of the dead on the Day of the Lord; it is then, according to scripture, that he would be raised to eternal destruction in fire.

Your reasoning why he isn't in Hell now ignores Galatians 5:19-21 and other statements by Paul that prove what one does reflects what one believes. The murderer does not have eternal life abiding in him regardless if he claims to be Christian (1Jn 3:15); your doctrine allows him to be a murderer and a Christian at the same time, which is a preposterous idea. So maybe you shouldn't be so hard on Bob Enyart this time 'round.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would that be the same Apostle Paul who said:

When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers...

Make up your mind.

You can't quote the Apostle Paul saying "I wasn't talking about unbelievers", and then claim Bowie wasn't saved at the same time.