Advice for Bowie Fans, Hillary & the NFL

zoo22

When speaking of David Bowie, Bob said: "He's in hell right now.".

How does Bob know that?
What sends someone to hell?

Imagination.

Pastors, as a performer like David Bowie, engage the imagination. Some pastors focus on hell. Fear of hell is a very powerful tool.

To me, it seems such a waste of a perfectly good imagination to fill it wth fantasies of hell.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Imagination.

Pastors, as a performer like David Bowie, engage the imagination. Some pastors focus on hell. Fear of hell is a very powerful tool.

To me, it seems such a waste of a perfectly good imagination to fill it wth fantasies of hell.

once you judge yourself to be saved
it is easy to determine who isn't

zoo22

Knight told Naz he doesn't care for Naz's Westboro-style thread but seems okay with this one...

Hm. Well, unfortunately, I don't know of any videos of Bowie commenting on Bob Enyart or Nazaroo, but I probably just haven't dug around enough.

In the meantime, here's a Bob Enyart video and a Bowie video...

Bob Enyart:

Bob Enyart can hear liquid flowing through the sewers

David Bowie:

Heroes by David Bowie

Each doing their own thing. I mean, I know my choice but to each their own.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
once you judge yourself to be saved
it is easy to determine who isn't
There was a man forgiven much who then turned violently on another man who owed him little, comparatively. The master wasn't kind to the first man when he heard of it.

I'd say that if you're the first man you should approach others in gratitude and that being forgiven should meet with forgiveness and the desire for their likened and unmerited salvation, should desire grace and peace for every man. Let God judge the souls of men. We're commanded to love them.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There was a man forgiven much who then turned violently on another man who owed him little, comparatively. The master wasn't kind to the first man when he heard of it.

I'd say that if you're the first man you should approach others in gratitude and that being forgiven should meet with forgiveness and the desire for their likened and unmerited salvation, should desire grace and peace for every man. Let God judge the souls of men. We're commanded to love them.

do you think they are saved?

town: who are they?

the ones who say they are saved

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by heir View

How does Bob know that?

Imagination.

Actually, pastors focus on repentance so that a person doesn't spend eternity in Hell, something that David Bowie didn't do (repent).

I thought that eggnostics like yourself aren't sure if Heaven or Hell exists? Have your beliefs evolved once again zoo?

alwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by heir View

How does Bob know that?

Actually, pastors focus on repentance so that a person doesn't spend eternity in Hell, something that David Bowie didn't do (repent).

I thought that eggnostics like yourself aren't sure if Heaven or Hell exists? Have your beliefs evolved once again zoo?

I thought that funnie elangelicals like yourself were so sure about what everyone thinks, not just pastors, since you apparently allow yourself no doubts at all that there actually is a hell and that those people who don't happen to abide by what you deem to be the rules, actually do/will spend eternity there.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought that funnie elangelicals like yourself were so sure about what everyone thinks, not just pastors, since you apparently allow yourself no doubts at all that there actually is a hell and that those people who don't happen to abide by what you deem to be the rules, actually do/will spend eternity there.

I wanted to reword what I wrote above:

The idea of repenting is so that you'll spend eternity with God. While spending eternity with Satan aint to fun too think about, Christians focus on God, not Satan.

Last edited:

alwight

I wanted to reword what I wrote above:

The idea of repenting is so that you'll spend eternity with God. While spending eternity with Satan aint to fun to think about, Christians focus on God, not Satan.
As a funnie elangelical you harbour no doubts nevertheless it seems aCW, you wouldn't want to display any human doubts to God of course, best not to think at all perhaps? :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
As a funnie elangelical you harbour no doubts nevertheless it seems aCW, you wouldn't want to display any human doubts to God of course, best not to think at all perhaps? :think:

If I were heir, I would be very concerned as to why two God hating atheists embrace me (and make no mistake about it, both zoo and Al HATE God with a passion...I know, I've debated them enough in other threads).

Heir, look at the type of Christian doctrine that you're practicing and ask yourself "Why do God-haters appreciate me so much?"

alwight

If I were heir, I would be very concerned as to why two God hating atheists embrace me (and make no mistake about it, both zoo and Al HATE God with a passion...I know, I've debated them enough in other threads).

Heir, look at the type of Christian doctrine that you're practicing and ask yourself "Why do God-haters appreciate me so much?"
When I explain to you aCW, as I frequently do, that as an atheist it would be totally illogical for me to hate something that I don't believe exists then clearly you do not engage brain, no thought processing occurs. :nono:

As a funnie elangelical the automatic programming to which you must have been so cruelly subjected to as a child seems to override all logic and reasoning, since to think and reason is inevitably going to lead to simple minds having doubts.
A more stable person who is able to think and still have a theistic belief will probably not be as worried by non-believers as you obviously are aCW.
I don't think I've ever implied any positive appreciation of you nor am I ever likely to, but apparently I do worry you. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
do you think they are saved?

town: who are they?

the ones who say they are saved
That's pretty good for a Catholic. :eek:

No, really. That would have been my answer...else, I'm not in the determining who is saved business. If you say Christ is with you and died for you then I'm happy. If you reject him then I'll do my best to change your mind. If you don't know I'll tell you what I think I do, what I've experienced and what it has meant to and for me. And if you're mistaken about this or that, well, you're just like the rest of us, I'd imagine.