Advice for Bowie Fans, Hillary & the NFL

Granite

Hall of Fame
Can't understand the kind of mind that would take pleasure in this kind of foul, wretched spite for its own sake.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul
I never heard him give a testimony.

Me neither.

Wouldn't testimony be "works of the flesh"? (His lips moved, and they are made out of flesh).

Let's say that David Bowie recited numerous verses from the bible, would that be "testimony"?

Quote: Originally posted by SaulToPaul
If he did not trust Christ, he would go to hell for unbelief...not because of the works of his flesh.

Sooooo...when someone "trusts in Christ" (i.e. becomes a follower based on His Word as seen in Holy Scripture), what happens to the mind, heart and physical behaviors of that follower of Jesus?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So David Bowie could have "trusted in Christ" but still continued to sniff coke, engage in homosexual acts, etc. etc. etc?
We are not saved by what we do or don't do. Salvation is not in doing, but believing. You'd know that if you were saved, but then you never have answered what the gospel of your salvation is, so I guess your still just religious, but lost. You think you are somehow morally superior to every one else, but you're not (Romans 3:23 KJV, Romans 7:18 KJV).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are not saved by what we do or don't do. Salvation is not in doing, but believing.

The act of believing is doing something. When you believe, actions follow.

You'd know that if you were saved, but then you never have answered what the gospel of your salvation is, so I guess your still just religious, but lost.
You think you are somehow morally superior to every one else, but you're not (Romans 3:23 KJV, Romans 7:18 KJV).

God's Word is morally superior.

Let the verse dropping begin.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clearly you are obsessed by all things homosexual aCW, as SaulToPaul says you simply obey your flesh. Conveniently disguising it as "Christian love" though is all a bit rich imo.

David Bowie was a proud and unrepentant bisexual Al (the "B" in the LGBTQ acronym). If repenting ones sins (turning away from past beliefs and behaviors) isn't a prerequisite to Heaven, then you, SaulToPaul and heir are all going to have a wonderful time in Heaven with David Bowie.

SaulToPaul 2

David Bowie was a proud and unrepentant bisexual Al (the "B" in the LGBTQ acronym). If repenting ones sins (turning away from past beliefs and behaviors) isn't a prerequisite to Heaven, then you, SaulToPaul and heir are all going to have a wonderful time in Heaven with David Bowie.

Do you still sin?
If so, why didn't you turn from all of them?

alwight

I don't think Bowie needs to repent for having sex, nor is the onus on you to say he should.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you still sin?
If so, why didn't you turn from all of them?

Two things:

1). I do not promote sin. I acknowledge that there is a right and wrong that that God is the Author of morality.

2.) When I give into temptation, I ask Jesus Christ to help make me stronger so that the next time temptation arises, I overcome that temptation. Isn't the idea behind being a Christian to be more like Christ?

I suppose I should just shrug it off huh? After all, Jesus Christ died a horrific death so that His followers can take Him for granted, right?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
When your God de-cloaks then perhaps we can talk about my issue.

Your "issue" has been discussed numerous times in my 4 part thread Al. I don't know what happened in David Bowie's life that made him so sexually and morally confused, but without a doubt, he needed God as his Counselor.

alwight

Your "issue" has been discussed numerous times in my 4 part thread Al. I don't know what happened in David Bowie's life that made him so sexually and morally confused, but without a doubt, he needed God as his counselor.
If you think Bowie was confused then who isn't confused in life?
Life is often confusing, it's perhaps only nutters who think they have all the answers.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing about Bowie ever struck me as "confused."

Because atheists write their own moral code, "confusion" is a subjective word.

(There I go acting "morally superior" again).

Quote: Originally posted by heir

...You think you are somehow morally superior to every one else...

This Charming Manc

You haven't turned from a life of sin, you wallow in it here.

So David Bowie could have "trusted in Christ" but still continued to sniff coke, engage in homosexual acts, etc. etc. etc?

Gee, if I knew that Christianity (i.e. being a follower of Christ) can be anything that you want it to be, I wouldn't have repented/turned from my old ways.