ECT Acts 26:22-23 prove MAD to be a lie plus many other verses of scripture.

drbrumley

When did Peter write his letters chronologically compared to Christ's revelations to Paul and Paul's confrontation of Peter and the 'right hands of fellowship' which took place during the history of Acts and according to Gal 2?

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Oh it's coming....Dodge will note that isn't what is meant, even though it is right in front of him.

dodge

You just can't answer the question can you? Your name is appropriate..Dodge, as in dodge questions.

Peter was hand picked by Jesus before Paul was ever saved as were the other Apostles. I guess you forgot or never read the scripture where Jesus said , before Paul was ever saved, that He opened the meaning of scripture to them.

If MADist would study the gospels like they study the letters of Paul they would know that.

dodge

Oh it's coming....Dodge will note that isn't what is meant, even though it is right in front of him.

lol, as a confused and out of touch with "all" the scriptures MADist you have zero room to talk.

MADist excel at twisting and taking scripture OUT OF CONTEXT.

dodge

That's not what Christ revealed through Paul concerning the middle wall of partition now being broken down and Jew and Gentile being placed in one new body, the BOC, without distinction.

Christ's suffering, death and resurrection was certainly revealed to Israel through the prophets but there is nothing there about the new program that Christ revealed through Paul.

You seem to be just lashing out in hatred against something that you don't really understand, sorta' like Don Quixote fighting with windmills.

read it again without your MAD glasses they are blinding you to the truth.

That is the problem I do understand that MAD is men following other men who were wrong and taught error.

Interplanner

read it again without your MAD glasses they are blinding you to the truth.

That is the problem I do understand that MAD is men following other men who were wrong and taught error.

The mission of Christ is in the prophets, but we have to remember that everything said in the NT has the IT period in mind. It is the type of Judaism and its ethics and interps that Christ and Paul are speaking about. That is a very important "layer" even before the OT quotes that they make.

Danoh

If you really believe that in #2 Paul means that he never said anything else but that, then you'll need to mark out quite a bit of what he wrote in his letters.

All Paul meant in #2, as he is defending himself against unbelieving Jews, is that his core message does not disagree with what Israel's prophets said would come and that that much(the DBR) had been fulfilled.

True, but dodge's basic error there is the exact same kind of error STP and company make with regard to various passages; especially in Acts.

The exact same kind of error.

They too read "prophesied" into passages merely asserting "not in disagreement with."

It is a bit of a double-standard to call dodge and such out, while ignoring when so called MADs make the exact same mistake dodge is making.

Proverbs 27:17
Eph. 4:16

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
True, but dodge's basic error there is the exact same kind of error STP and company make with regard to various passages; especially in Acts.

The exact same kind of error.

They too read "prophesied" into passages merely asserting "not in disagreement with."

It is a bit of a double-standard to call dodge and such out, while ignoring when so called MADs make the exact same mistake dodge is making.

Proverbs 27:17
Eph. 4:16

Well, call 'em out then if that's your choice.
I make my own choices.

Danoh

The mission of Christ is in the prophets, but we have to remember that everything said in the NT has the IT period in mind. It is the type of Judaism and its ethics and interps that Christ and Paul are speaking about. That is a very important "layer" even before the OT quotes that they make.

No - the mission the OT is referring to concerns that aspect of Christ "Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began" Acts 3:21.

It was "spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

In contrast, Paul's mission concerned that aspect of Christ that Paul had referred to "according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, Rom. 16:25.

His aspect had been "kept secret since the world began,"

Spoken since the world began and kept secret since the world began, are not...the same thing.

Danoh

Acts 22
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Sets the stage for your quote in the OP.

He's only making the exact same mistake of "reading into a thing" that you and yours make in your assertion that "Paul's Acts ministry" was supposedly "prophesied truth" and therefore supposedly "different from his Post Acts 28 commission."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Go read Peter's letters again without the MAD glasses it is in there.

When did Peter write his letters chronologically compared to Christ's revelations to Paul and Paul's confrontation of Peter and the 'right hands of fellowship' which took place during the history of Acts and according to Gal 2?

Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Gal 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Now that right there is some truth smacking!

The truth will set you free!

SaulToPaul 2

He's only making the exact same mistake of "reading into a thing" that you and yours make in your assertion that "Paul's Acts ministry" was supposedly "prophesied truth" and therefore supposedly "different from his Post Acts 28 commission."

His ministry wasn't, but the nuts and bolts of his gospel are back there.
You can see it back there, now.

Interplanner

Now that right there is some truth smacking!

The truth will set you free!

The reason the right hand of fellowship existed was because it was one Gospel going to two groups. People with different gospels don't have fellowship, as you may have noticed here at TOL.