Acts 2:34

oatmeal

Is what false? What (if any) proposition are you asking me about? To what (if any) proposition are referring by your pronoun, "it".

Is what true? What (if any) proposition are you asking me about? To what (if any) proposition are you referring by your pronoun, "it".

Have what "both ways"? Please specify to what (if anything) you are referring by your pronoun, "it".

To which (if any) things are you referring, here, calling them "contradictory statements"? List them.

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Clearly, there are two Lords in this verse.
False.

Clearly, there are two instances of the word, 'Lord', in this verse. Maybe that's what confuses you: you see the word, 'Lord', twice in the same sentence, and you think "Ah, therefore it must be that two Lords are being referred to in this sentence."

What is the specific identity of "The Lord"?
YHWH the Father

What is the specific identity of "my Lord"?
YHWH the Son

God's Truth

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Clearly, there are two Lords in this verse.

I am tired of pointing this verse out.

What is the specific identity of "The Lord"?

What is the specific identity of "my Lord"?

They are one and the same.

God's Truth

I just believe what the Bible says.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The THREE persons are the ONE God.

Your idea that God the Father wore a Jesus mask is heretical.

Wow.

God the Father is an invisible Spirit, and Jesus is that one and only Spirit with a body.

One body, one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Right Divider

Body part
Wow.

God the Father is an invisible Spirit, and Jesus is that one and only Spirit with a body.

One body, one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Wow... Jesus is God... always has been. Jesus is NOT His own Father.

Jesus took on a second nature at His conception.

Just quit with your heresy.

oatmeal

You just proved that language means nothing to you.

If you will look more carefully, you will see that the last phrase was not language, but a random list of letters

If for you "my lord" and "the lord" mean the same thing, linguistically, then i fail to see how you expect to distinguish between people say with different names.

If red = blue to you, then talking about colors to you would be pointless

If God, and men mean do not mean different things then God cannot be distinguished from men

Right Divider

Body part
You should be more careful what you call heresy.

I gave you scripture that says ONE SPIRIT AND ONE BODY.

You give lots of scripture... out of context, stuffed with your preferred meaning instead of the real meaning... etc. etc. etc.

Calling Jesus His own Father is heresy.

Jesus has ALWAYS been God. He is the eternal Son of God. He did NOT "become the son".

God's Truth

You give lots of scripture... out of context, stuffed with your preferred meaning instead of the real meaning... etc. etc. etc.

Calling Jesus His own Father is heresy.

Jesus has ALWAYS been God. He is the eternal Son of God. He did NOT "become the son".

Just read what the scripture plainly says...one body one Spirit.

God's Truth

If you will look more carefully, you will see that the last phrase was not language, but a random list of letters

If for you "my lord" and "the lord" mean the same thing, linguistically, then i fail to see how you expect to distinguish between people say with different names.

If red = blue to you, then talking about colors to you would be pointless

If God, and men mean do not mean different things then God cannot be distinguished from men

I said God the Father and Jesus are one and the same.

You don't even value language.

God's Truth

If Father and Son mean the same thing then confusion results

God is Spirit. The Holy Spirit is His Spirit sent forth from Him. Jesus' spirit is that same Spirit come as a man's.

Jesus is called a son because he comes forth from God and has a body. THAT is how humans understand son and daughter. So what else would you call Jesus?