ECT Acts 13-The bible is a book of details

Interplanner

It is precisely because I'm familiar with them that I think you have used the handles wrong. I see second guessing (look for the interruption here, and over there) all through them.

The main thing is to get away from Israel vs Gentiles. It was always both, but Israel was stuffed up with self-preoccupation. so some things Paul says to it are said to counter that even though the structures were untrue to start with; he still speaks to it as though he has entered their reality.

This is why there is no going back to Israel in Rom 11:25+. "Saved" is not a future visit. Saved is what saved is in Isaiah: the taking away of sins, and the Isaiah passage is quoted historically, as happening now. It is not in the land of Israel. it will not be there. It is fulfilled now. 28-30 mean that God does not deal with ethnos groups, but that's because he never did. It was a misconception of Israel that he did, which Paul addressed in Gal 3:17. So the Israel he means there is not the ethnos, even though the ethnos is as hardened now as ever. There is another Israel mentioned since 9:6, the spermas not the sarkos, and 9:24 says he means all people who have faith. And the olive trees analogy says it means all who have faith.

There is nothing interrupted about going to the nations. It was the plan since Gen 3 and 12. It is mentioned in Acts 2 and 13 as being how the ancient promise would be fulfilled. Paul has stepped out of the Israel-centeredness and you have missed it. Everything went as planned about the Gospel events. He knew it was his cup to drink all along.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And?

Luke 9:6 KJV

Your father, the devil, told you to assert that your "spiritual" brother, Judas, preached "Jesus Christ is the Good News."

That's satanism.

You wicked demon, with your made up "there is just one piece of good news in the bible" scam/spam.

And get off this thread-it's reserved for members of the body of Christ, demon.

The good news of the Kingdom of God soon to be established by Jesus death and resurrection was the expectation of all believers who were not blind to the scriptures of the OT.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

LA

Interplanner

That's good LA. it is also how Acts 26 puts things: Paul did not expect anything else for Israel and did not preach anything from Moses and the Prophets beyond the Gospel events in them. I wonder how we can help today's preachers realize that that limit is to be kept.

That's another reason I labor here. Paul set a limit there and I intend to help enforce it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scammer. You assert that you "obey all of Jesus' teachings....obey everything Jesus says..."

No, you don't, demon. No one does

Habitual liar-"all...everything."

Your father taught you how to lie well-it's quite "natural" to you.

Go ahead, con artist-for the record, again, for all of TOL to witness, to demonstrate how much of an unconvicted, dishonest droid you are, assert that you "obey all of Jesus' teachings....obey everything Jesus says." Go ahead.

Watch the punt, devious non response. Watch...

John W doesn't always win. But when he does, he runs up the score. :chuckle:

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
The good news of the Kingdom of God soon to be established by Jesus death and resurrection was the expectation of all believers who were not blind to the scriptures of the OT.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luk 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.
Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

LA

Spam.

Read it, demonic one:

Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding..

=only after the fact, moron-the 12 were clueless, as you've been shown, demonic one:

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news

Death
Burial
Resurrection

The 12 preached the gospel/good news of the kingdom for 3 years, at a time that knew NADA about the Master's impending...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Luke 18 KJV
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 and they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

None of the 12 preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, at least prior to its occurrence, while they did preach the good news/gospel of the kingdom; thus, the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV is not equivalent to the good news/gospel of the kingdom.

But your father the devil keeps instructing you to repeat that they are equivalent. He is subtl(Genesis 3:1 KJV), and taught you the same, demonic one. Like father, like son...Sssssssssssssss...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Spam.

Read it, demonic one:

Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding..

=only after the fact, moron-the 12 were clueless, as you've been shown, demonic one:

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news

Death
Burial
Resurrection

The 12 preached the gospel/good news of the kingdom for 3 years, at a time that knew NADA about the Master's impending...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Luke 18 KJV
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 and they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

None of the 12 preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, at least prior to its occurrence, while they did preach the good news/gospel of the kingdom; thus, the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV is not equivalent to the good news/gospel of the kingdom.

But your father the devil keeps instructing you to repeat that they are equivalent. He is subtl(Genesis 3:1 KJV), and taught you the same, demonic one. Like father, like son...Sssssssssssssss...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

rainee

You're clearly blind to what is going on. Romans 11:25-29 relates an interruption in God's prophesied plan and purpose through Israel til the fulness of His visit among the Gentiles be come in.

That prophesied plan and purpose was and will be the truth of Romans 15:8-12.

The interruption of which - during Israel's fall - has God now visiting the Gentiles in accordance with the truth of Romans 15:13-21, as planned by Him, Titus 1:2-3, and based on that hope that both have plans, in His purpose, have in common, and that Paul was in bonds for: the resurrection of Christ, Acts 26: 8; Acts 28:20; Eph. 6:20; 2 Timothy 2: 8-9.

Do you even bother to review the passages I cite?
Good Morning Danoh,
I do. And this is what I've been trying to stop: The Idea that the Gentiles are a temporary thing.

See? So, no, sir. I can't find any place in Scripture where Israel is rejected by God.
In fact how many times does Paul himself tell them them he is going to Gentiles? And how many times does he go to Jews right after he makes that big announcement? In fact does he not become imprisoned for going to Jews?
Prophecy is ...Well, not your pet or a puppet or politics, yes?
The age of the Gentiles being fulfilled does not mean the end of us, IMHO.

Ps if I may be so bold, several years ago a Jewish believer (over the internet , so it could have been anyone really) got angry at something said... So he (if it was a he) asked "why should we listen to a Gentile woman?"
I didn't know what say!
But how bout," today is not the same as yesterday"?

Interplanner

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

This is an interesting problem because we have people today who think that the "other" gospel in the NT is what the disciples were teaching first, until the opening of their hearts after the Resurrection. I think that is projection back onto them by people today. Instead, the disciples taught what Jesus told them, but had no idea it was the actual Gospel. In fact, Peter wanted to stop it. He had no idea there was a new exodus about to happen, Mt 16. It was their slowness and blindness that was still looking for the ingrained Judaistic message--which is apparently what our friends today think was another legitimate gospel.

Not only does Christ mention their slowness, but they speak of it right after the Resurrection and then ask one final time about the restoration of a theocracy to Israel in Acts 1. Finally the Spirit does come and the traces of the Judaistic message are gone.

Interplanner

Danoh,
I think if you were really interested in being saturated in the message of Christ, you would stick with it--with interaction with me. Instead I think you think you have championed a "correct" system and that's what matters to you. I don't think I have one. I don't have perfect explanations for every single verse that comes up. But I do have the pulse or passion of the apostles down. there's no second guessing history and it stays in the limit that Paul put on himself about what he finds in Moses and the Prophets, Acts 26.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After all that they came to the conclusion.....

Acts 1

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

rainee

Danoh,
I think if you were really interested in being saturated in the message of Christ, you would stick with it--with interaction with me. Instead I think you think you have championed a "correct" system and that's what matters to you. I don't think I have one. I don't have perfect explanations for every single verse that comes up. But I do have the pulse or passion of the apostles down. there's no second guessing history and it stays in the limit that Paul put on himself about what he finds in Moses and the Prophets, Acts 26.

Hi Interplanner,
Luke is not only a Gentile, sir, and a physician -
He's a prophet. And he's under the Apostleship of Paul.
So first of all IF you didn't know that - then please think, sir, what all is waiting?
And Luke tells you about this account with King Agrippa in chapter 26 and you think this is all there is to the truth? Look please at all Luke has told from chapter 1 on - that is not Peter talking to you telling you about Pentecost and everything - That is ALL Luke.
So while it is history - it is not only history, right?

rainee

In fact, sir, please take a look at the Gospel according to Luke, yes?
See all that history, all that information? Want to characterize it? It's Jewish, Jewish, Jewish. Not bad for a Gentile Physician, right? And it along with Acts is to an important Gentile to boot. A very important one, I'm guessing, who will get both these letters out to the whole world. And I think he did...

Danoh

Good Morning Danoh,
I do. And this is what I've been trying to stop: The Idea that the Gentiles are a temporary thing.

See? So, no, sir. I can't find any place in Scripture where Israel is rejected by God.
In fact how many times does Paul himself tell them them he is going to Gentiles? And how many times does he go to Jews right after he makes that big announcement? In fact does he not become imprisoned for going to Jews?
Prophecy is ...Well, not your pet or a puppet or politics, yes?
The age of the Gentiles being fulfilled does not mean the end of us, IMHO.

Ps if I may be so bold, several years ago a Jewish believer (over the internet , so it could have been anyone really) got angry at something said... So he (if it was a he) asked "why should we listen to a Gentile woman?"
I didn't know what say!
But how bout," today is not the same as yesterday"?

Who said anything about God having rejected Israel?

My own understanding, is that Romans 11:25-29 relates that God's plan and purpose thru Israel's "rising" and its overflow unto the Gentiles, Isaiah 60: 3, after His great day of His wrath, Isaiah 60:2, is on hold.

That God had planned to delay this here - Rom. 15:8-12 - as related in this here - Rom. 11:25-27, until this here - Rom. 15: 13-21, "Now," in effect, "be come in."

Note the contrast between this here - Isaiah 60:

3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

And this here - Romans 11:

11. I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Paul's hope despite that?

This here - Isaiah 60:

3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

Is this here - Romans 11:

12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Note - Romans 11:

22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
24. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles
be come in.

26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father’s sakes.
29. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

john w

Hall of Fame

As usual, the Christ rejector, as is her MO, just spams a verse, that is irrelevant, highlights the whole verse, and thinks she done something.

Spam, that says NADA.

john w

Hall of Fame

Spams her Acts 2 irrelevant verses to the topic, thinks she has added to the debate.

So impressive.

God's Truth

That's good LA. it is also how Acts 26 puts things: Paul did not expect anything else for Israel and did not preach anything from Moses and the Prophets beyond the Gospel events in them. I wonder how we can help today's preachers realize that that limit is to be kept.

That's another reason I labor here. Paul set a limit there and I intend to help enforce it.

Jesus taught the rules and guidelines for the New Covenant.

Jesus fulfilled the old covenant.

john w

Hall of Fame
What don't you obey?

Why do you think you cannot?

I predicted-"Cousin It" won't respond.

Why don't you "obey all of Jesus' teachings....obey everything Jesus says...", like you say you do, habitual liar?

I thought so. Scammer. You don't, nor does any one, "obey all of Jesus' teachings....obey everything Jesus says," as your father the devil told you to assert, and thus tells you not to change your satanic spam.

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says."”-God’sUNTruth

Con artist. Scammer. Go on record, again, and assert that you, per the above, that you:

-always obey "Jesus"

-follow all of "Jesus" teachings,exactly as he says

-obey everything that "Jesus" says

Go ahead.

-

God's Truth

I predicted-"Cousin It" won't respond.

Why don't you "obey all of Jesus' teachings....obey everything Jesus says...", like you say you do, habitual liar?

I thought so. Scammer. You don't, nor does any one, "obey all of Jesus' teachings....obey everything Jesus says," as your father the devil told you to assert, and thus tells you not to change your satanic spam.

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says."”-God’sUNTruth

Con artist. Scammer. Go on record, again, and assert that you, per the above, that you:

-always obey "Jesus"

-follow all of "Jesus" teachings,exactly as he says

-obey everything that "Jesus" says

Go ahead.

-

Just obey Jesus.