ECT Acts 13-The bible is a book of details

Danoh

great post - i recently poured over The acts again with renewed spirit. it made so much sense, and i paid close attention to the other brethren, like Barnabas. i was going to make a post about some of the secondary people and scriptures. i re-read it several times and will again, i also paid close attention to Paul's travels and hearings and trials being hunted and persecuted; needing to flee sometimes - you can break it down pretty good - dub

Study out places like Acts 4, Acts 9, and Acts 18 and 19, etc - people like Barnabas and Apollos remained Messianic Kingdom saints, who only aided Paul as to those who had believed through grace.

Lol, MAD talk many on here read something else into, for their unwillingness to ask.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Opie: Yes, Peter attempts to cut off the High Priest's ear, attempting to prevent the death of the Master,the very death that would reconcile him, part of the good news of Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

Death
Burial
Resurrection

...and yet Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom for 3 years, and I, moron Andy, still assert that the gospel of the kingdom, that Pete preached for almost 3 years, prior to the dbr, is equivalent to the gospel cited in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Whooped him again, Josey.

andyc

Whooped him again, Josey.

So......Jesus forgives Peter of attempted murder, and forgives the Jews for killing him, but they were still under the law?

Not much of a law, was it?

Or maybe the law was until John?

Uh ....that's a radical thought for you to ignore.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Or maybe the law was until John?

Yep

(Luke 16:16) "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Yet, MADists claim the kingdom slaves had to keep the law after John.

MAD is a mess.

andyc

Yep

(Luke 16:16) "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

MAD is a mess.

Yeah, if the law was to bring them to Christ as the answer to their sin nature, it would be no wonder that the Jews would hate him if they were in fact bound by that sin nature enforced by the law. Jesus would be seen as God's mercy to those bound by the law, but he would come across as someone rubbing it in their faces if they were still captive by the law.

Interplanner

Does "rubbing it in their faces" mean "unless your righteousness exceed the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven?"

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep

MAD is a mess.

Your AD 70-ism/Preterism, is satanic, perverter.

"MAD is a mess"-Craigie's 665th time, this year, for his cute little saying

Come on, wimp....One more time? Or gives us your "Darby" stumper, you mutt. Please?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah, if the law was to bring them to Christ as the answer to their sin nature, it would be no wonder that the Jews would hate him if they were in fact bound by that sin nature enforced by the law. Jesus would be seen as God's mercy to those bound by the law, but he would come across as someone rubbing it in their faces if they were still captive by the law.

"Yeah, if the law was to bring them to Christ.."-Opie

Your fellow perverter Craigie Tet. asserts that there is no law, to bring anyone to Christ.

Go ahead, and ask him, Ope.

You won't, as you're a man pleaser like him, a jellyfish, with no backbone/spine.

andyc

"Yeah, if the law was to bring them to Christ.."-Opie

Your fellow perverter Craigie Tet. asserts that there is no law, to bring anyone to Christ.

Go ahead, and ask him, Ope.

You won't, as you're a man pleaser like him, a jellyfish, with no backbone/spine.

The law reveals an inner propensity to want to do what the law condemns. The man who realizes his own heart condemns him, is a man ready for Christ.
Whether Tet accepts this or not is not up for debate. It is a fact.

john w

Hall of Fame
If God is not willing that any perish, he would hardly laugh at those who do.

Translated:Humanism, speculation, talk show jazz, by the biblical bafoon Opie, who wouldn't know the difference between 1st/2nd Peter, and Peter Frampton.

Vs.

Psalms 2 KJV
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Dig it, heathen lost Opie?

Watch Opie spin it,....watch.

"Only the devil laughs at lost people."-Opie

Couldn't provide that verse, could you Ope?

When you get out of bed in the morning, how do your feet manage to find the floor?

Wow, Ope! Obtained that stumper cliche from the back of your "Fruit Loops" cereal box this morning, did you? Weighty. Original.

Get saved, heathen.

john w

Hall of Fame
The law reveals an inner propensity to want to do what the law condemns. The man who realizes his own heart condemns him, is a man ready for Christ.
Whether Tet accepts this or not is not up for debate. It is a fact.

Go ahead, and ask him, Ope. You won't, as you're a man pleaser like him, a jellyfish, with no backbone/spine.

As I predicted.

andyc

Translated:Humanism, speculation, talk show jazz, by the biblical bafoon Opie, who wouldn't know the difference between 1st/2nd Peter, and Peter Frampton.

Vs.

Psalms 2 KJV
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Dig it, heathen lost Opie?

Watch Opie spin it,....watch.

Couldn't provide that verse, could you Ope?

Poetic language where the wicked are seen as opposing God when opposing Israel.

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord GOD, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.

Wow, Ope! Obtained that stumper cliche from the back of your "Fruit Loops" cereal box this morning, did you? Weighty. Original.

Get saved, heathen.

That one was for free. Glad you liked it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Poetic language where the wicked are seen as opposing God when opposing Israel.

As I predicted:

"Watch Opie spin it,....watch."-the great saint John W

No, Opie, you "argued" that only the devil laughs at lost people.

Made up, as I showed you chapter, verse, that says the opposite, in which to soak that carrot top head of yours-Psalm 2 KJV-the heathen.

If God is not willing that any perish, he would hardly laugh at those who do.

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord GOD, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live.

Quite irrelevant, Ope, and humanism, again, on your part, i.e., "I, Opie, cannot understand how the LORD God could laugh at the lost/heathen....It does not make sense to me...So He does not."

Made up. He wants those who reject him, to come to accept Him, and not perish. But He still laughs at them, if they reject Him, per Isaiah 2 KJV. You "argue" 'only' the devil does that, with NADA scriptural backing, as usual.

That one was for free. Glad you liked it.

Quit immitating me, Ope. I'm flattered, but you don't have my presence, clout, charisma, to pull it off, like I do.

Now-I told you to sit down.

andyc

W see's God as a humanist LOL
So here is W's understanding of God.

He hates everyone who's not mad, and then when they become mad he changes his mind and likes them all of a sudden.

The mad God suffers with bipolar disorder.