Act NOW to Save Terri Schiavo!

Art Deco

Originally posted by ilyatur

AP: Congressional leaders have announced a compromise that would allow her case to be reviewed by federal courts that could restore her feeding tube.

Dems Block GOP Efforts In Schavio Case.

www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/3/20/132135.shtml

from the article:
WASHINGTON - House Republicans, seeing Congress as a last hope for brain-damaged Terri Schiavo, convened an extraordinary Palm Sunday session to pass legislation aimed at prolonging the Florida woman's life.

Democrats refused to allow the measure to go ahead with a vote, forcing Republicans to scramble to bring their members back to Washington.

Leaders of both parties agreed Saturday on legislation that they said would allow Schiavo's feeding tube, which was disconnected Friday afternoon, to be reinserted while federal courts review her case.

But when the House convened Sunday afternoon, Democrats made clear they would not let it pass on a voice vote, requiring the assembly of a quorum for a roll call vote.

With that, Republicans called a recess and said they planned to meet as early as one minute after midnight on Monday, if they get the needed quorum of 218. The Senate was ready to give its quick approval and President Bush was planning to return from his ranch in Crawford, Texas, to sign it.

What a despicable band of worthless moral wretches these anti-God Secular Humanist Democrats are..:madmad:

Art Deco

Originally posted by the Sibbie Ok, left-winger. Libertarians are morally liberal.
Sibbie, I suggest that the fatal flaw in Libertarianism is their neutral postion on moral issues. They are band of amoral individuals who much prefer the Secular Humanist, rather than the Judeo/Christian, World View. :think:

Agape4Robin

Just got done watching the 6 o'clock news, and there was an interview with "husband" of Terri, by a local news team...channel 8 or NBC. Tried to find the sound byte on this, but can't ......any luck anyone?????:help:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I posted this in another spot, but I'm wondering if we can get some more comments on it.

Terri's alleged husband refused the money on altruistic reasons. But he's only altruistic when it comes to killing his wife. When it comes to NOT COMMITTING ADULTRY on her... well then, altruistic goes out the window.

C

cattyfan

I wonder how those poiliticians who are holding up the emergency measures would feel if they had been without food or water for two days...schmucks.

Anne

Great news:bannana:
Bush signs bill to save Terri
House votes overwhelmingly to make Schiavo case federal
Posted: March 21, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

WASHINGTON – The House of Representatives this morning passed a bill that could save Terri Schiavo's life by sending it to a federal court for review to determine whether her feeding tube should be reinserted.

President Bush signed it into law moments later.
Bush signs bill to save Terri

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Day 3 :(

Yeah Anne!

but...
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, said the federal district court in Florida, which is open 24 hours a day, had already been informed that a petition would be filed as soon as the president signs the measure - with the presumption a judge will order that the tube be replaced.

Even though the legislation would pave an avenue for federal jurisdiction in the legal case, there was no way to determine in advance how or when a judge would rule -- or even which judge would be assigned the case by lottery.

..maybe we should rename the democrats to "deathocrats".

Originally posted by Mr Jack

I found this page on the subject interesting:

http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

Thanks for posting this.

I think everyone should read this page - it contains quotes from the lower courts' descisions and highlights the rationale why the courts have sided with Micheal. The sheer amount of misinformation being perpetuated in this case is staggering. Sadly, most people choose to side with their emotions instead of objectively weighing the evidence....

Here's a very relevant excerpt:

Why did Terri’s husband get to make the decision about whether she should live or die?

Michael Schiavo did not make the decision to discontinue life-prolonging measures for Terri.

As Terri's husband, Michael has been her guardian and her surrogate decision-maker. By 1998, though -- eight years after the trauma that produced Terri's situation -- Michael and Terri's parents disagreed over the proper course for her.

Rather than make the decision himself, Michael followed a procedure permitted by Florida courts by which a surrogate such as Michael can petition a court, asking the court to act as the ward's surrogate and determine what the ward would decide to do. Michael did this, and based on statements Terri made to him and others, he took the position that Terri would not wish to continue life-prolonging measures. The Schindlers took the position that Terri would continue life-prolonging measures. Under this procedure, the trial court becomes the surrogate decision-maker, and that is what happened in this case.

The trial court in this case held a trial on the dispute. Both sides were given opportunities to present their views and the evidence supporting those views. Afterwards, the trial court determined that, even applying the "clear and convincing evidence" standard -- the highest burden of proof used in civil cases -- the evidence showed that Terri would not wish to continue life-prolonging measures.

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
From CNSNews this hour:

Update: Judge James Whittemore Presiding

(CNSNews.com) - U.S. District Judge James Whittemore reportedly plans to call the Schindler family's lawyers to his Tampa, Fla., courtroom at 3 o'clock on Monday, after he's had a chance to review the case that landed on his desk early Monday morning. Wire reports note that Judge Whittemore was nominated to the court in 1999 by President Bill Clinton. At mid-morning, the federal judge had not yet ruled on an emergency request to have Terri's feeding tube reconnected.

Mr. Coffee

Originally posted by Yorzhik

Well... it's 4 o'clock...
It's 5pm.. the judge says there will be no ruling now, but there's a chance there might be something in a couple hours.. or tomorrow.. no one really knows.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
grrrr... I guess it doesn't bother him much that a woman is starving to death, literally, while he takes his sweet time.

The Berean

Originally posted by Nineveh

Day 3 :(

Yeah Anne!

but...

..maybe we should rename the democrats to "deathocrats".

How long can Terri last without water.? :cry: It's been three days now. Her body must be severely dehydrated by now. I hope the federal judge takes this into account!!! :madmad:

The Berean

Originally posted by The Berean

How long can Terri last without water.? :cry: It's been three days now. Her body must be severely dehydrated by now. I hope the federal judge takes this into account!!! I'n not sure any person can last more than a week without water. :madmad:

Art Deco

Originally posted by The Berean

How long can Terri last without water.? :cry: It's been three days now. Her body must be severely dehydrated by now. I hope the federal judge takes this into account!!! :madmad:

www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43415

From the article:
How did we come to a point that we are arguing about denying food to a human being, about a culture of death rather than a culture of life? A review of developments in Nazi Germany might be enlightening. The Nazi atrocities were based on a philosophy that made the "quality of life" more important than the "sanctity of life."

The Nazis slipped into the holocaust by seven recognizable steps.

1) There was an acceptance of mercy killing to put people out of their misery.

2) When Germany suffered a severe economic crunch efforts were made to remove "useless" expenses from the budget. That led to the killing of the chronically ill with no hope of recovery (Terri Schiavo?).

3) Next came killing of the elderly who were without relatives and resources but were a burden to the state.

4) This was followed by the elimination of bums, beggars, gypsies and hopelessly poor people.

5) Then came the economy of eliminating people who were drawing welfare.

6) It was then the turn of the ideologically unwanted, political enemies of the state, "religious extremists," "disloyal" individuals who were holding the government back from providing every citizen a better quality of life.

7) Finally there came those who in the ideology of the Nazis were evolutionally unfit such as Jew and those who were not pure Aryans. Once the first step, acceptance of euthanasia was taken, all other steps followed logically.
If this woman is allowed to die...we will have her blood on our hands...:help:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I can understand the slippery slope argument, but something like what happened in Germany won't happen here.

Sozo

Originally posted by granite1010

I can understand the slippery slope argument, but something like what happened in Germany won't happen here.

So then, what are supposed to do with all the liberals?

Art Deco

Originally posted by granite1010

Because you refused to become a child of God, you have condemned yourself to be spiritually blind. You can't see that we are well advanced down the road to Nazi Germany here in America. Have you forgotten the 43 million killed in the womb via legal abortion? I would say wake up, but unfortunately you can't wake up. God has hardened your heart so you will not see. :(

Bumper Sticker: God...No Greater Friend...No Worst Enemy