Act NOW to Save Terri Schiavo!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
granite,
"lack of oxygen to the brian" was what caused her condition.

In General,
This is interesting, heresay, but interesting....

Art Deco

Originally posted by Anne

bump

www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/3/14/223311.shtml

From the article:
Terri Schiavo has a God-given right to life, and a constitutional right to be protected. Therefor, the Florida judiciary has absolutely no business determing her fate. This hideous decision will cheapen the value of human life as it is recognized by the United States government, and will be a monumental step toward rendering obsolete the constitutional right to life by making it a conditional right, vulnerable to neglect and abuse by the very powers put in place to protect it.

Crow

One thing that I've been curious about~~

If the husband has taken on a common-law wife, and had children by that wife, couldn't someone sue for divorce on the grounds of abandonent on Terri's behalf? True, he has stayed involved in her affairs, but he has, in the sense of marriage, abandoned that relationship with her and initiated a new one.

It is only by reason of his marital relationship with Terri that he has any say in her fate.

?????

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The divorce route has been tried, but the murderous judge tossed it.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, the 1 million dollar offer by the California businessman being represented by Gloria Alred (sp), is still valid as far as I know.

It seems money is not the issue. It looks like he is guilty of putting her where she is. I cannot think of another motivation.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
March 15th:

Key members of the Florida House and Senate reached a deal yesterday on a bill to prevent Terri Schiavo from being allowed to starve to death under a court order requested by her estranged husband.

For the second time in less than two years, the state lawmakers are prepared to intervene in the case of the brain-damaged woman, who requires a feeding tube to keep her alive.

The proposed legislation would prevent caretakers of a person in a "persistent vegetative state" from withholding food and water in the absence of a written directive.

In 2003, "Terri's Law" enabled Gov. Jeb Bush to intervene the second time Terri Schiavo's feeding tube was removed. The law later was ruled unconstitutional, however, by the Florida Supreme Court, which said it violated the legal separation between the three branches of government.

Michael Schiavo won a court order in 2000 to have his wife's feeding tube removed, claiming she was in a "persistent vegetative state" and had declared orally she wouldn't want to live in such a condition.

Parents Robert and Mary Schindler, however, insist their daughter, while severely handicapped, is responsive and demonstrates a strong will to live. They have filed a flurry of motions to prevent removal of the feeding tube, scheduled for Friday, after 1 p.m.

The Florida bill is expected to come up for a vote Friday.

Terri Schiavo is not hooked up to any machines, but she requires the small feeding tube for nourishment and hydration. She collapsed under disputed circumstances Feb. 25, 1990, suffering severe brain damage when her heart stopped momentarily. Michael Schiavo attributes the collapse to an eating disorder, but the Schindlers strongly suspect he tried to strangle her.

The Schindlers have pleaded with Michael Schiavo to divorce their daughter, pointing out he has been living with another woman for 10 years, with whom he has two children. full story

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Crow

One thing that I've been curious about~~

If the husband has taken on a common-law wife, and had children by that wife, couldn't someone sue for divorce on the grounds of abandonent on Terri's behalf? True, he has stayed involved in her affairs, but he has, in the sense of marriage, abandoned that relationship with her and initiated a new one.

It is only by reason of his marital relationship with Terri that he has any say in her fate.

?????
Yeah, I think it's time they really crank up the heat on Michael. Isn't it amazing how lightly divorce is regared in most cases except for this one?

Art Deco

Santorum Vows To Save Terri Schiavo

Santorum Vows To Save Terri Schiavo

Originally posted by Anne

bump

www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/3/16/105547.shtml

From the article:
Senate Democrats are expected to resist the proposed legislation, which would give federal courts jurisdiction over Schiavo's case...
How low can these stinking anti-God Secular Humanist Democrats go? They really are low life Nazis. How can anyone call themselves Christian and affiliate themselves with this blood soaked Political Party?

And where is George Bush on this issue. Has anyone heard anything from the White House on this issue? :confused: ...:doh:

Agape4Robin

:eek: Sorry guys....the link wouldn't work right....I'm such an amatuer!!:doh:
but you can go to www.sptimes.com and see the interview with Michael Schiavo....jerk face

ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

P.S. It would be dated for Wednesday March 16th.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That guy is a real jerk. After the article I'm becoming more convinced he is responsible for her condition. #*%@*& jerk.

ShadowMaid

He sounds like a real idiot to me. Didn't they offer him money and a divorce, and he still wouldn't take it? Or something like that?

Anne

The picture of Terri , taken shortly after the incident causing her brain damage, seems quite sweet.
A_1_12acouple__0316.jpg

temple2006

I have added my name to the petition. I agree that this would be legalized murder done to satisfy some person's questionable motive.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Agape4Robin

:eek: Sorry guys....the link wouldn't work right....I'm such an amatuer!!:doh:
I fixed your link. You didn't have "State" capitalized before.