A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

It is the Church, for that israel that is the physical descendants of Abraham are not the Children of God, the Church ! Rom 9:8 !

Exactly.

The false teaching with regard to the physical nation of israel being
God's chosen heirs, is one in which the focus of salvation is primarily on the flesh.

~~~~~

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Exactly.

The false teaching with regard to the physical nation of israel being
God's chosen heirs, is one in which the focus of salvation is primarily on the flesh.

~~~~~

The elect knew what God was teaching by using things of the flesh, but the rest are blinded to this very day, even among the churches.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is God finished with Israel? No.

Deuteronomy 7:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Deuteronomy 14:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

beloved57

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
That's the Gospel Church Chosen in Christ, for israel the physical descendants of Abraham are not the Children of God Rom Rom 9:8 !

beloved57

Justify the Seed of Israel !

Justify the Seed of Israel !

Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Now exactly who is this seed of Israel to be Justified ? Why its this Seed here Isa 53:10-11

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Its Christ Seed, the Many for whom their sins He bare ! Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The Many is His Seed, and by bearing their sins, He Justified them ! Also Christ is called Israel Isa 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Hence, thats how we get the Seed of Israel, Christ's Seed is the Ones that have been promised to be Justified in the Lord !

John Gill comments on Isa 49:3

And said unto me,.... Both in the everlasting council, and when he made a covenant with him in eternity; when he found him and anointed him, and laid help on him; and also when he brought him, his first begotten, into the world, at his incarnation:

thou art my servant; of his choosing, appointing, calling, sending, bringing forth, and supporting; so he was as Mediator, especially in his estate of humiliation, when he appeared in the form of a servant, and came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and give his life a ransom for many; thereby to obtain redemption, which was the great work and service he was appointed to; which he readily undertook, and willingly and cheerfully engaged in, and diligently and faithfully performed; to whom justly belong the characters of an obedient, diligent, prudent, and faithful servant; in answering which he showed his regard to his Father's will, his love to his people, and his great humility and condescension:

O Israel; a name of Christ, and which properly belongs to him, being the antitype of Jacob or Israel; the Head and representative of the whole Israel of God; who was of Israel according to the flesh, and an Israelite indeed in a spiritual sense, and was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Israel is a name of the church, often given to it in this prophecy; Christ and his church, by virtue of the union between them, have the same names; as she is sometimes called by his names, Christ, and the Lord our righteousness, so he is here called by her name Israel, 1 Corinthians 12:12,

in whom I will be glorified; this is Jehovah's end in all he does in nature or grace; and is what Christ had in view in working out our salvation; and all the divine perfections are glorified in it by him, the wisdom, power, faithfulness, holiness, justice, love, grace, and mercy of God. Some render the words actively, "in thee" or "in whom I will glory" (t); as his own Son, in whom he is well pleased, being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person; and in whom also all the seed of Israel glory, as well as are justified. Or, as others, Israel is he, of "whom by thee I will glory", or "glorify" (u); meaning, that it was the spiritual and mystical Israel, the church, whom he would save by his Son and servant, the Messiah, and bring to glory.

Of course I concur wholeheartedly with Dr Gill ! The Seed of Israel Promised to be Justified in the Lord, is Israel's Christ, Body the Church !

Nanja

Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Now exactly who is this seed of Israel to be Justified ? Why its this Seed here Isa 53:10-11

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Its Christ Seed, the Many for whom their sins He bare ! Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The Many is His Seed, and by bearing their sins, He Justified them ! Also Christ is called Israel Isa 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

Hence, thats how we get the Seed of Israel, Christ's Seed is the Ones that have been promised to be Justified in the Lord !

John Gill comments on Isa 49:3

Of course I concur wholeheartedly with Dr Gill ! The Seed of Israel Promised to be Justified in the Lord, is Israel's Christ, Body the Church !

Amen, none other!

~~~~~

Ben Masada

Indeed, God will never finish with Israel. He revealed a secret to Prophet Jeremiah that, of all the other nations the Lord would eventually get rid of them all but of Israel He would only chastise us as we deserve. (Jer. 46:28)

To finish with Israel would be akin to finish with natural laws and, consequently with Mankind. Jeremiah also said that as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord, the natural laws won't stop functioning properly. (Jer. 31:36)

beloved57

Who are the Twenty four Elders ?

Who are the Twenty four Elders ?

Rev 4:4

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Folks this is none other than the Redeemed Church, the Body of Christ from all Nations Rev 5:8-10

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The Crowns of Gold on their heads denotes their Union with and Victory with Christ, they now have received their Crowns of Glory 1 Pet 5:4

4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

beloved57

Indeed, God will never finish with Israel. He revealed a secret to Prophet Jeremiah that, of all the other nations the Lord would eventually get rid of them all but of Israel He would only chastise us as we deserve. (Jer. 46:28)

To finish with Israel would be akin to finish with natural laws and, consequently with Mankind. Jeremiah also said that as long as Israel remains as a People before the Lord, the natural laws won't stop functioning properly. (Jer. 31:36)

israel the physical descendants of Abraham, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

beloved57

Christ is to Build the Temple of the Lord !

Christ is to Build the Temple of the Lord !

Christ is to Build the Temple of the Lord ! Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch[Thats The Man Christ Jesus]; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Folks this Temple is not carnal, but a Spiritual One, Built by the Person and Work of the Man the Branch, the Lord Jesus Christ.

As a result of His Work, He dispatches His Spirit to form the Lively Stones for His Building Material 1 Pet 2:5

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house[Temple], an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Also Eph 2:21-22

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

So yes the Temple or Spiritual House of all Three Places Zech 6:12,13 ; 1 Pet 2:5; and Eph 2:21-22, are the exact same ! Notice how in the Eph 2:22 the Spirit is mentioned, thats what Zech 4:6 means by the Spirit Zech 4:6

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

This scripture connects to what is said later in Zech 6:12-13 !

John Gill comments on Zech 4:6

Then he answered, and spake unto me, saying,.... In great condescension, in order to instruct him into the true meaning of the vision:

This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel; this signifies what was said by the Lord to Zerubbabel, by some one of the prophets sent unto him:

saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts: that is, that as the candlestick was supplied with oil, from the two olive trees by the side of it, without the help of any man, to pour in the oil, and trim the lamps; so the temple should be built by Zerubbabel, not through the multitude and strength of men, but through the Spirit of God, animating, exciting, encouraging, and strengthening them to go through the work. The temple was a type of the church, and Zerubbabel a type of Christ; he was so in the high esteem he was had in by the Lord; he was chosen by him; made as a signet, and was precious to him, Haggai 2:23 in his titles and characters, a servant of the Lord, and governor of Judah, Haggai 1:1 and in his work, in bringing the Jews out of captivity, and in rebuilding the temple: so Christ is the chosen of God, and exceeding dear and precious to him; is his righteous servant, and Governor of the church, or King of saints; and who has redeemed and delivered his people from the captivity of sin, and Satan, and the law; and is the builder of his church; who has laid the foundation of it, and will bring in the headstone; and which church is built up in all generations through the conversion of sinners; and that is done, not by external force, by carnal weapons, or moral persuasion; but by the sword of the Spirit, the word of God; and not by the power of man's free will, but by the efficacious grace of the divine Spirit: it is indeed done by power and might, but not of the creature: man, whatever power he has to do things natural, civil, outwardly religions, and materially moral, or however in appearance, has no power to do anything spiritually good; not to think a good thought, nor do a good action, in a spiritual manner; much less to work such a work as the work of regeneration, conversion, and sanctification; since he is dead in sin, and can not quicken himself; his understanding is darkened, yea, darkness itself, and he can not command light into it; his will is stubborn and obstinate, and he can not bend it, and subdue it; his heart is hard as a nether millstone, and he cannot soften it, and repent of his sins, in a truly spiritual, gracious, anti-evangelic manner; his affections are inordinate; and he is a lover of sinful pleasures, and not of God, nor of anything divine, to which his carnal mind is enmity; he cannot believe in Christ of himself; faith is not of himself, it is the gift of God, and so is repentance, and every other grace. The work of grace on the soul is expressed by a regeneration, a resurrection from the dead, a creation, and the new man, or a transformation of a man into another man; all which require almighty power to effect: regeneration is not of the will of man, nor of the will of the flesh, but of God, of Jehovah the Spirit: sanctification is called the sanctification of the Spirit, and every grace of it is a fruit of his; it is he who is the Spirit of life from Christ, that quickens men when dead in trespasses and sins, and enlightens their dark minds with spiritual light, in divine things; it is he that produces evangelical repentance in them, and faith in Christ is of his operation; it is he that begins the work of grace on the heart, and carries it on, and causes to abound in the exercise of every grace, and performs the work of faith with power. The Targum, instead of "by my Spirit", renders it "by my Word".

beloved57

Christ is to Build the Temple of the Lord !2

Christ is to Build the Temple of the Lord !2

The Church, the Body of Christ is the Temple of God which the Branch builds, Zech 6:12-13. Its the same Temple that Paul wrote these words to 1 Cor 12:12-14,27

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Now to this same group Paul wrote earlier of them 1 Cor 3:9,16

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Thats the Temple Prophesied about here Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch[Christ]; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he[Christ/Branch] shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he[Branch/Christ] shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

So in actuality the Church was Prophesied of in the OT by Zechariah !

Lets make another connection here, The word building 1 Cor 3:9

For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building

Its the same word used for House in Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house/building are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

And Christ, the Branch, the God Man is the Builder of the House, because Christ is God Heb 3:4-6

4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

The If clause here in Vs 6 is not an conditional IF but a evidential IF, If they hold fast would be evidence of being of the House/ Temple Christ is building !

Nanja

Rev 4:4

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Folks this is none other than the Redeemed Church, the Body of Christ from all Nations Rev 5:8-10

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The Crowns of Gold on their heads denotes their Union with and Victory with Christ, they now have received their Crowns of Glory 1 Pet 5:4

4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Amen!

The same comprise the Israel of God Is. 45:17;
the Election of Grace throughout all the ends of the earth Is. 45:22.

~~~~~

beloved57

Christ is True Servant Israel who Glorifies God !

Christ is True Servant Israel who Glorifies God !

Christ is True Servant Israel who Glorifies God ! No not national ethnic israel who was addicted to idolatry save the remnant, but the One who was the Antitype, God's Son and Firstborn Ex 4:22

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:,

That was a Type of this Son Col 1:13-15,18

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It is He that in whom the Father is Glorified, remember the Prophet Isaiah here Isa 49:1-3

Folks this servant Israel refers to Christ, the Firstborn Son and what does it say ? " in whom I will be glorified"

So it comes to pass in Christ these words Jn 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Yes, He is the Israel in whom God was promised to be Glorified !

And the end results of Him finishing that Work of Glorifying God upon the Earth is Isa 49:5-6;42:6-7,12

5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 42:6-7,21

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

The True Firstborn Son Israel did Magnify the Law and make it Honourable !

Now who would say that israel according to the flesh did that ?

And the Church of the Firstborn Son Israel is One flesh with Him constituting them Israel as well !

Nanja

Christ is True Servant Israel who Glorifies God ! No not national ethnic israel who was addicted to idolatry save the remnant, but the One who was the Antitype, God's Son and Firstborn Ex 4:22

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:,

That was a Type of this Son Col 1:13-15,18

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It is He that in whom the Father is Glorified, remember the Prophet Isaiah here Isa 49:1-3

Folks this servant Israel refers to Christ, the Firstborn Son and what does it say ? " in whom I will be glorified"

So it comes to pass in Christ these words Jn 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Yes, He is the Israel in whom God was promised to be Glorified !

And the end results of Him finishing that Work of Glorifying God upon the Earth is Isa 49:5-6;42:6-7,12

5 And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 42:6-7,21

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

The True Firstborn Son Israel did Magnify the Law and make it Honourable !

Now who would say that israel according to the flesh did that ?

And the Church of the Firstborn Son Israel is One flesh with Him constituting them Israel as well !

Amen. Christ is Israel, and also His Body who are One with Him!

Only He could magnify the Law and make it Honourable in God's eyes.
Being made under the Law Gal. 4:4-5 He perfectly fulfilled every
aspect of it while He was on Earth. But not for Himself, but for His Body,
His Church, chosen in Him before time Eph. 1:4. And so, in Him, in the
sight of God, they also keep the Law perfectly, and are declared Righteous. Rom. 5:19

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen. Christ is Israel, and also His Body who are One with Him!

Only He could magnify the Law and make it Honourable in God's eyes.
Being made under the Law Gal. 4:4-5 He perfectly fulfilled every
aspect of it while He was on Earth. But not for Himself, but for His Body,
His Church, chosen in Him before time Eph. 1:4. And so, in Him, in the
sight of God, they also keep the Law perfectly, and are declared Righteous. Rom. 5:19

~~~~~

Amen you nailed it!

beloved57

God's Elect Nation !

God's Elect Nation !

Did you know that God has a Elect/Chosen Nation in the World and its not Israel of the middle east, Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh ! The fact of the matter, that israel of the middle east is distinct from God's Elect Nation of Israel, Paul makes that distinction here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Now in this Scripture, the name Israel here represents that israel in the middle east, and as you can see, its distinct from the Election, which is also a Nation, and David refers to the Elect Nation Israel here Ps 33:12

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

You see that ? The People He has Chosen is a Nation, a Blessed Nation ! See also Ps 106:5 ! Also, Did not God choose a People in Christ Eph 1:4 that is His Inheritance Eph 1:18 ?

I declare unto you, that this Chosen People in Christ is God's Chosen People and Inheritance of Ps 33:12.

Again Notice how that the Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4 are said to be God's Inheritance Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

This Chosen Nation is the One that brings forth fruit unto God, in contrast to that physical nation in the middle east Matt 21:43

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

That physical nation was cast off, proving that it was not His Chosen Nation and Inheritance, for God does not cast off His Inheritance Ps 94:14

For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

Yet He did cast off and forsake the physical nation of israel Rom 11:15

For if the casting away or off of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

So if national israel according to the flesh was really His People, His Inheritance that He has Chosen, and He cast them off or away, then scripture is found to be a lie, inconsistent, unrelaible judging from what is said in Ps 94:14

For the Lord will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

beloved57

God's Elect Nation !2

God's Elect Nation !2

Lets remember that God's Chosen Nation is also His Inheritance Ps 33:12

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

That word inheritance nachalah :

I.possession, property, inheritance, heritage

A.property

B.portion, share

C.inheritance, portion

This is important to know so we can scripturally Identify God's Special Chosen People, His Inheritance.

Now Paul Identify's the Redeemed Church as God's Special Chosen Possession, lets look at Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us[The Church Eph 5:25], that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Thats what the word peculiar means, its the greek word periousios and means:

I.that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A.a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

See how that coincides with Ps 33:12 ?

The redeemed People here of Titus 2:14 who are also God's Chosen judging from Titus 1:1 " The Faith of God's Elect" cannot and is not in any competition with the Chosen Nation of God His Inheritance in Ps 33:12,

In fact Titus 2:14 can very well read as Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar nation, zealous of good works.

The word nation and people are interchangeable !

The word for people laos means:

I.a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of the same stock and language

II.of a great part of the population gathered together anywhere

Dont forget that Titus 2:14 is speaking of the Church, the Body of Christ, being described as a Peculiar Nation or People !

Now if we look at the word Nation in Ps 33:12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

The word nation gowy means:

I.nation, people

A.nation, people

i.usually of non-Hebrew people

ii.of descendants of Abraham

iii.of Israel

God sees People and Nations as interchangeable:

(of two things) capable of being put or used in the place of each other !

This is Illustrated also by what God says to Rebekkah here, Isaacs Wife Gen 25:23

23 And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Hence the Blessed Chosen Nation of Ps 33:12, Ps 106:5

That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.

Its the Redeemed Church of Christ Titus 2:14; 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Dont forget who Peter is saying this to, those of 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

The same Blood that redeemed these Titus 2:14, and these Eph 2:13

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off[Gentiles] are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

beloved57

Spiritual Jews are True Jews indeed !

Spiritual Jews are True Jews indeed !

The True Jews before God are Abraham's Spiritual not physical Seed, wherein he, that is Abraham, is a Type of Christ, in that as he was responsible to physically circumcise his physical seed, for even ishmael, who was his physical seed, was commanded to be circumcised by Abraham Gen 17:9-27

9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.

12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.

24 And Abraham was ninety years old and nine, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.

25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.

26 In the selfsame day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.

27 And all the men of his house, born in the house, and bought with money of the stranger, were circumcised with him.

Now pay close attention to Vs 23, the word said there also means command, The Geneva bible reads:

Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that was bought with his money, that is, every man-child among the men of Abraham’s house, and [l]he circumcised the foreskin of their flesh in that selfsame day, as God had commanded him.

Now as a Type of Christ this foreshadowed how that Abraham's antitype, the Lord Jesus Christ would circumcise all of His Seed born in His House Heb 3:6

6 But Christ as a son over his own house[Spiritual]; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Those born in His House are His Seed Isa 53:10

The word House in Heb 3:6 is the greek word oikos and does mean also:

III.stock, family, descendants of one

Which corresponds to the meaning of seed in Isa 53:10, the word zera` which means:

D.offspring, descendants, posterity, children

And He circumcises each son born in His House with the circumcision of Christ Col 2:11

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

This circumcision of Christ is one of the Heart, the One Moses wrote of here Deut 30:6

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Its of the Heart Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Thats a True Jew in God's Estimation, it has nothing at all to do with being an ethnic jew, or being a physical descendant of Abraham, it has to do with being the Seed of Christ, born in His House !

Status
Not open for further replies.