A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

Heb 2:14

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

The Children here referred to is the Church, the Body of Christ, the Children of God, who partook of flesh and blood, However we know this [The Children] cannot apply to the mere physical descendants of Abraham, israel according to the flesh, simply because they were not, and are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed

But yet many in ignorance would teach and believe that the Children here of Heb 2:14 are ethnic jews/Abraham's physical descendants after the flesh, but thats not true, they never belonged to God ! They were children of the devil Jn 8:44 !

Exactly!

The Children that God promised salvation to are "the people"
He made reconciliation for Heb. 2:17, His Body the Church.
Those are the children of God; scattered among all nations.

John 11:51-52
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year,
he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only,
but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Rev. 5:9-10
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book,
and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us
to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

~~~~~

beloved57

Exactly!

The Children that God promised salvation to are "the people"
He made reconciliation for Heb. 2:17, His Body the Church.
Those are the children of God; scattered among all nations.

John 11:51-52
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year,
he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only,
but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Rev. 5:9-10
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book,
and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us
to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

~~~~~

Amen thanks !

beloved57

Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation

Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation

Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

The error of the deceived, those who believe a lie by the Strong delusion sent by God, it is they believe Israel in the text is israel comprised of the physical, natural descendants of Abraham, but its not, but its Abraham's Spiritual Seed Israel through His Spiritual Seed Christ, also known as the Heirs of Promise Gal 3:16,29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ [And His Body the Church].

29 And if ye be Christ's[His Church], then are ye Abraham's seed[Israel], and heirs according to the promise.

You see there is a Israel that is the Children of Promise like Isaac Rom 9:7-8

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac[Type of Christ] shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed[Israel].

That Seed of Israel promised to be Justified Isa 45:25 is the Church Gal 3:29 !

This Israel is a Spiritual Seed made up of both jew and Gentile, a multitude of ungodly sinners that had been Chosen in Abraham's Seed Christ before the foundation of the world Gal 3:16; Eph 1:4 ! These are all redeemed by the death of Christ Lk 1:68 and then called to Faith by the preaching of the Gospel Rom 9:24, and they are the seed pointed to here Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise[Isa 45:25] might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

And it must be remembered that God has only promised Salvation / Justification to One People or Seed Isa 45:17,25 !!!

beloved57

Who is Paul referring to ?

Who is Paul referring to ?

Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

In this verse who is Paul referring to when he says " we brethren" as Isaac was, are the Children of Promise ? Paul is speaking to and of the Church, the Body of Christ, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham that belongs to Christ as Per Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Again, Paul is speaking to brethren in Christ, which also means that Isaac from the OT was their brother in Christ, so Isaac was in the Body of Christ as was the NT Believers, else how could they be brothers, Isaac was just under a different dispensation when he was in the Body of Christ !

In fact, Paul even related that the Churches OT counterpart Isaac suffered the same type of persecution from unbelievers as his NT brethren do Gal 4:28-29

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

That which is born after the Spirit belongs to the Body of Christ, no matter what dispensation ! Rom 8:5-9

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

beloved57

Who is Paul referring to ? 2

Who is Paul referring to ? 2

Gal 4:28

Also the Children of Promise means that they are Children that were guaranteed to come into being by the Promise and Power of God !

This also means that Believers, as Isaac was, are Children born to Abraham in fulfillment of God's Word of Promise Rom 9:9

For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

This is referring to Isaac who would deny ??

Well, it can be said:

For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a many sons

Thats because all the Children of Abraham by Faith in Christ Gal 3:7,26 are born to him as a result of God's Word of Promise as Isaac was !

So this applies to the Church the Body of Christ, which is Abraham's Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's[His Body the Church], then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Let me ask a question here ! Did Isaac become a Child of Promise by his own freewill decision ? Did he become an Heir by his own freewill choice ? Remember God told Abraham before Isaac was even thought about by Abraham, this Gen 15:1-4

1 After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

God was promising Isaac ! Now who believes that God made a offer to Isaac and asked him whether or not he would accept the offer of being a heir son of Abraham.

God saying, now Isaac I make this offer to you, but its up to you if you want it or not, its your choice Isaac.

If you think this sounds ridiculous , well it should, but its no more absurd than people saying man has a choice to become a believer, a Child of Promise as in Gal 4:28 !

As an attachment read John Gill on Gal 4:28

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/galatians-4-28.html

Also this one verse Gal 4:28 perhaps more than any other, does link the Church, the Body of Christ with the OT Saints Like Isaac, all the Children of Abraham which are the Children of Promise, under the OT or NT belongs to the Church, the Body of Christ Gal 3:29 !

beloved57

The Same People under different testaments !

The Same People under different testaments !

The Church in the OT and the Church, the Body of Christ in the NT are the same People, the Church the Body of Christ, but under different dispensations. Several scriptures bare this out, such as when Paul writing to the Church @ Corinth, that portion of the Body of Christ, he writes this 1 Cor 10:1-11

1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Now notice Vs 4, that Rock was Christ, the Head of His Body the Church, 1 Cor 11:3;12:12

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

And Christ is the same in all three texts here quoted, the Head of the Church. He is the same as stated here Heb 13:8

Jesus Christ[The Head of His Body] the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

And Paul relates the experiences of the OT Church and Body of Christ See Acts 7:38 Cp 1 Cor 10:4

he relates the OT Church as examples for the NT Church to learn from 1 Cor 10:6

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we [The Church]should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

beloved57

The Same People under different testaments !2

The Same People under different testaments !2

Another NT scripture that sets forth the unity and connection of the OT Church/Body of Christ with the NT Church/Body of Christ is Romans 15:3-4

3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

hence the scriptures written in OT Times served for the same purpose of Spiritual Comfort and Hope as they did for the OT Believers and Now the NT Believers, For David wrote Ps 119:49,50,52,76,81,114,116

49 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.

50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

52 I remembered thy judgments of old, O Lord; and have comforted myself.

76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.

81 My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.

114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

116 Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

CP this last verse Ps 119:116 with Rom 5:3-5

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Understand, the OT Believers in Christ went through similar afflictions and sufferings for Christ's sake, hence Paul quotes David in writing to the Church at Rome Rom 8:36

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

CP Ps 44:22

22 Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.

Moses suffered affliction in OT times for the sake of Christ and the Church Heb 11:25-26

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

The same reproach for Christ as the NT Saints 1 Pet 4:14

If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

beloved57

Exposing false teaching !

Exposing false teaching !

Many false teachers have attempted to divest the Epistles of Peter as belonging to the Church of Christ, the House or Household of God, they do this by being ignorant to the True Meaning of 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

They suppose therefore it can be relevant only to ethnic jews ! However the Epistle belongs to the Church, the House of God, this is seen by Peters informing his readers of this 1 Pet 4:17

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Now the House of God is combined with both jew and Gentile redeemed sinners, the Church, which we learn from Eph 2:19

Now therefore ye[Gentiles] are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Whats the difference here between the House of God and the Household of God ? Absolutely nothing !

Also whats the difference between the House of God that had a Gentile Pastor in Timothy, whose Father was a Gentile 1 Tim 3:5,15

(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

And that one which Peter writes to and of here 1 Pet 4:17

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The House of God here in Heb 10:21

And having an high priest over the house of God;

Is the Church, the Body of Christ, the same Household of God in Eph 2:19 !

Isnt Christ the Head of the Church, His Body as stated here Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Now isnt that the same Christ who is an High Priest as here Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

So how is it that Christ Jesus can be the High Priest of one Body of People and Head of another Body of People and they not be the same Body of People ? Is Christ divided ? Are His People divided ? No, may it never be !

The simple Truth is that Christ is the Great High Priest for His Church, His Body, the Church of the Living God, the House of God ! Anyone teaching otherwise is a servant of satan !

beloved57

The Church from the OT to the NT, the Body of Christ !

The Church from the OT to the NT, the Body of Christ !

The OT Prophecies related to the People of God and God's Kingdom, find their Fulfillment in Jesus Christ Lk 24:44-45

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

They find their fulfillment in Christ the Head of the Church and [remember Christ and His Church are One]

So in Lk 24:44 the concerning me includes the Church !

The Prophecies concern the Church as it extended from the OT to the NT, we know this by Peters words here Acts 3:24

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

1 Pet 1:10-12

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

The Salvation of Vs 10 is speaking about the Promise of Salvation in the Lord for Israel Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

This Salvation comes by way of the Sufferings of Christ Vs 11 !

Now the Us in Vs 12 1 Pet 1:12

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Its the body of Christ, the Church, which Peter as an Apostle 1 Pet 1:1

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Was part of as well as a Gift unto, as was all the Apostles, which we know by Eph 4:11-13

11 And he[Jesus Christ the Head] gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

So Peter as all the other Apostles were first and foremost Gifted for the Edification of the Body of Christ ! Notice also what the Body of Christ is termed in Vs 12 " The Perfecting of the Saints "

So if the Saints in the NT are the Body of Christ, so too are the Saints of the OT of the Body of Christ !

The word saints in Vs 12, the greek word hagios means:

set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred, [40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different (distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.]

Remember it was said of Israel Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Thats the Church also, the same Body of Christ in the OT !

Now one of the Prophets Peter means is Daniel the Prophet, and so what he prophesied of the Saints means the Body of Christ

Dan 7:18,21,22,25,27

18 But the saints[The Body of Christ] of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints[BOC], and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints[BOC] of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints[BOC] of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints[BOC] of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The Saints in Daniels visions and or prophecies is the Church, the Body of Christ Eph 4:12

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

And again the Us of 1 Pet 1:12

That Us is the Body of Christ.

Also, Spiritually speaking, the Saints are the Children of Israel Ps 148:14

14 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

So the True Children of Israel is the Church, the Body of Christ, the Saints !

John Gill comments on Ps 148:14:

He also exalteth the horn of his people,.... Which is done when he increases their strength, their spiritual strength especially; makes them strong in the Lord, in his grace, and in the power of his might; when their dominion and authority is enlarged, and victory given over all their enemies; particularly when the kingdom under the whole heaven shall be given to them, and when they shall reign with Christ on earth; for this phrase denotes the honourable as well as the safe state of the people of God; the horn being an emblem of power, authority, and dominion, on; the Targum renders it, the glory of his people; see Psalm 75:10. Some interpret this of Christ the Horn of David, the Horn of salvation, and the author of it, Psalm 132:17; who is King over his people, as a horn signifies; and is the strength, safety, and security of them; has gotten them the victory over all their enemies, and is now exalted in heaven at the right hand of God, and that "for his people" (g), as it may be rendered; he is both raised up and exalted for them;

the praise of all his saints; that is, the Lord is the object of the praise of all his saints, to whom he has showed favour and kindness, and on whom he has bestowed the blessings of his grace; it is matter of praise that they are saints, set apart by God the Father, sanctified by the blood of Christ, and by the Spirit of God; and that their horn is exalted, or they raised to dignity and honour; and that Christ is raised and lifted up as an horn for them, 1 Corinthians 1:30, Luke 1:68;

even of the children of Israel; not literal but spiritual Israel, such who are Israelites indeed, whether Jews or Gentiles;

a people near unto him; in respect of union, being one with him, in the bond of everlasting love; in respect of relation, being near akin, he their father, they his children, not by creation only, but by adopting grace; and Christ their near kinsman, nay, their father, brother, head, and husband; in respect of access unto him, which they have through Christ, with boldness and confidence, being made nigh and brought near by the blood of Christ; in respect of communion and the enjoyment of his gracious presence; and in respect of inhabitation, God, Father, Son, and Spirit, dwelling in them, and making their abode with them: or, as it may be rendered, "the people of his near one" (h); that is, of Christ, who is near to God his Father, is one with him, was with him from everlasting, was as one brought up with him, yea, lay in his bosom, drew nigh to him as the surety of his people, and offered himself a sacrifice to him as their Priest, and now is set down at his right hand as their King; and where he also appears for them, is their advocate, and ever lives to intercede for them;

praise ye the Lord: even all creatures, especially his saints, his people, the children of Israel, the last spoken of.

beloved57

The Church from the OT to the NT, the Body of Christ ! 2

The Church from the OT to the NT, the Body of Christ ! 2

The Prophets foretold of the Church of the NT, God's True Israel, for instance, it is the Church, the Body of Christ foretold here Isa 19:23-25

23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This foretells how all the Elect of God under the NT Gospel dispensation shall be united in Christ Eph 2:14-20

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The Prophets here refers to the OT Prophets who foretold the Church as Isa 19:23-25 did ! Notice how Egypt in Vs 25 God calls them " My People"

25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This informs us that All His Elect, of all Nations are His People Israel Jer 31:1

At the same time, saith the Lord, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezk 34:30

Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord God.

Isa 52:6

6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

The Prophet says Assyria is the work of His Hands :

Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Isa 60:21

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

They are His Workmanship, New Creation Eph 2:10 !

Finally Israel Mine Inheritance ! Again that is His Church Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

beloved57

Who are they of Rev 14:3 ?

Who are they of Rev 14:3 ?

Rev 14:1-3

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

They are those redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, in Vs 1, which would be the same Lamb Peter writes of here 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Notice also that these redeemed ones, from out of every nation, people, tongue, and kindred, notice also that they sung a new song, just as the redeemed ones in Rev 14:3

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Hence those Peter was writing to and of in 1 Pet 1:18-20 are the exact same as those in Rev 14:3 and Rev 5:9 and this is the Body of Christ, since thats who Peter is writing to in 1 Peter !

And so the 144000 in Rev 14:3 is the Redeemed Chosen Church, the Body of Christ, Redeemed from the Earth Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

This coincides with what Peter writes in 1 Pet 1:18-20 Which are also the Chosen or Elect ones Eph 1:4 and who is the Church of Eph 2:10-22 !

beloved57

The Law was given to the Church, the Body of Christ, under the OT economy, for this is substantiated in the Book of Galatians. In the OT the Church was Established under the national covenant of the nation of israel, yet the Church itself was a Spiritual Nation/Entity and a very small Remnant of that nation. The Church at that time according to Galatians was in a infant minority state Gal 4:1-3,7

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Notice the words the heir in Vs 1, speaking of the Church in the OT and in Vs 7 an Heir of God through Christ.

This is the same Heir spoken of the Church in Rom 8:16-17

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

These Heirs were in the OT according to Gal 4:1 in a state of minority until the time appointed by the Father !

Now the elements of this world in Vs 3, 9 means the mosaic economy of the Law with its rudimentary teachings and laws, offerings, washings Heb 9:9-10

Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

beloved57

The Law was given to the Church cont

The Law was given to the Church cont

So the Law of God in the OT kept in preservation the Church, which is the True Spiritual Seed of Israel, not the natural seed of israel, for they were not the children of God Israel Rom 9:8. The Law served its purpose until the transistion into the NT economy by the actual Death of Christ, who was always the Promise Seed of the Women the remnant Church looked forward to coming, He was that Shiloh Jacob spoke of here Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

That statement was Gospel Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Head of the Sheep/Church of which the Gathering of the People means here ! The People is the Church, the Body of Christ !

He is the Prince of Peace Isaiah means here Isa 9:6

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Because He is our Peace Eph 2:14

For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Through Him we have Peace with God Col 1:20

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

So the Church in the NT is the Heritor of the OT Church, but now the Church, the Body of Christ shall no longer be populated by the majority of ethnic jews, but it shall now begin to realize more men and women of Gentile descent, out of every other nation besides national israel. The Church is manifested by her Faith in Christ. One excellent writer writes :

For the Church as the body of Christ was not only foretold in the Old Testament, but was the burden of entire O.T. prophecy: what was never fully understood before the gospel came in, was that the Church was to be composed of gentiles as well as Jews, with equal rights to all, that the Jew as a nation would lose his special rights as the natural child of Abraham and the gentile would stand equally with all believing Jews, as much a child of Abraham as they, and a valid heir of all the promises of God made to the Patriarch.

http://www.allbygrace.com/psupt2.html

So the Mystery lied mostly not in there would be a NT Church/ Israel, but that it would be inclusive of Gentiles, hence its called the New Man Eph 2:14-16

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

So the Church, the Body of Christ has always existed, extended from the OT to the New, and but now comprised of more Gentiles who make the Israel of God !

iamaberean

Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

This was not peter here, but paul, the apostle unto the gentiles, who makes this very important statement, and sheds much light upon for whom Jesus Christ came to save as according to promise..

Another important scripture that lends to the truth of this is Lk 1:68-69

68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, [see Matt 1: 21]

69And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70As he spake [or promised] by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

This promise of redemption of His people, as the Lord God of Israel, hath been revealed and promised since the world began..

This takes us back to the first proclamation of the promised salvation or redemption to Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel

This seed of the women would be Israel [Christ and His People]..and the which, salvations first promise is to and for this seed Israel, the seed of the women..

This is some what typed out or signified in Rev 12:1-2

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. [the birth of Jesus Christ]

This women had also a seed as we see later in Rev 12:17

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

[ so Christ and his Members are the seed of the women Gal 3:16,29]

So salvation and redemption from the conception of the world, had only a particular seed in view, which later became known as Israel..

But now, its important to understand, that the Israel paul is referring to in Acts 13:23..is not Israel according to the flesh..but Israel according to Promise..

Lets show here how paul discerned another Israel other than national Israel Rom 9:6

Not as though the word [or promise] of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel [Acts 13:23],] which are of Israel [nationally]:

You see, the promises of redemption and salvation as stated in Lk 1:68-70, to the people of God, the God of Israel, the promise were not to national israel..but a spiritual remnant within that nation, and as we will find out, a spiritual remnant among the nations of the world, which constituted Israel,[Rom 11] the one paul preached in Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Now paul had the Israel of God [Rom 9:6] in view when he made this statement in the above..

Now get this next point, for its tricky, but nevertheless its extremely important because of the symmetry and analogy of scripture.

The difference between what paul preached here in Acts 13 :23 and what peter taught here in Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The difference is this..for peter was correct in that Jesus was exalted to the right hand of God to give repentance to a certain chosen people Israel..but what peter did not know but what paul did know..is this:

That Israel was no longer viewed as a mere physical ethnic nation, but that Israel was comprised of Gentiles as well, who became Israel..

Notice..Eph 2:12,19

12That at that time ye [gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

They [Gentiles] are now no more strangers and aliens, but fellowcitizens [of Israel Gods chosen people] and so now they also have the same right to be called Israel,

in fact, even more of a right than the non elect jews of that nation..because the Israel of God was never non elect jews, but Elect Jews like Jacob over Esau or Isaac over ishmael..Children of promise..

So salvation and redemption has always been limited unto Israel as a people, but the mystery that was not clearly unveiled since the world began [Gen 3:15]

Eph 3:3-6

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: [Lk 1: 68-70]

In that Israel was made up of Gentiles also.. Yes thats the unveiling in more detail by Paul of this mystery..[Israel of God was never a physical nation but a Spiritual people or Nation Rom 2,1Pet 2 ]

but nevertheless, true to promise, salvation and redemption is and has always been limited to a chosen people [Israel]..not limited to a certain geographical location as national Israel in the middle east or a certain ethical people [respect of persons], but the scope of this Israel of God is world wide..but nevertheless its only to the world of Gods Israel, all others, are blinded..

You know how paul says in Rom 9: 6

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

So likewise, they are not all the world [for whom Christ died] which are of the world [the inhabited earth]

Just like there was an Israel within Israel that God had a respect and favor for, likewise there is a world within the world that God has a special regard for, and that world is the Israel of God, the Spiritual seed of Abraham..

Your message is correct, but maybe I can add a little more.

Jesus is the true Israel (Hebrew translation for Israel: He shall rule as God), Jacob was a symbolic Israel.
The children of Israel (Jesus) are all people of 'faith' in Him.

Nanja

Jesus is the true Israel (Hebrew translation for Israel: He shall rule as God), Jacob was a symbolic Israel.
The children of Israel (Jesus) are all people of 'faith' in Him.

Jesus Christ IS God.

Christ is called Israel, and His Body the Church is One with and in Him.

~~~~~

beloved57

Christ is called Israel, and His Body the Church is One with and in Him.

~~~~~

True ! Isa 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Nanja

True ! Isa 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Yes! Christ is the Head of the Church, the whole Israel of God, jew and gentile, the Chosen Seed Eph. 1:4,
who were promised Salvation Is. 45:17. And so, because of their Union in Him they bear the same name:
Christ and His Church, His Body, the Body of Christ, are One: Israel!

Is. 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel,
Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

That's Israel: Christ's Church!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes! Christ is the Head of the Church, the whole Israel of God, jew and gentile, the Chosen Seed Eph. 1:4,
who were promised Salvation Is. 45:17. And so, because of their Union in Him they bear the same name:
Christ and His Church, His Body, the Body of Christ, are One: Israel!

Is. 43:1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel,
Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

That's Israel: Christ's Church!

~~~~~

That's Old Testament Israel, not the Church.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's Old Testament Israel, not the Church.

The elect of OT are the Israel of God as much as are the elect of the churches.

The church-es are not the elect, the same as all Israel was not the elect.

The ALL Israel who will be saved at the return of Christ are only the elect of God.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear) unto this day.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.