A Question Preterists Can't Seem to Answer

Danoh

There is absolutely no supporting scripture in any of the Bible for dead men to be raised from the dead at the death of Christ.

Particularly as it requires a living one to raise them, and any such raising was never taught or even wrote about by the people of the time...

LA

There is your problem - in your reply, the proper wording is not "such raising was never taught OR ever WROTE about" rather, it's "such raising was never taught, NOR ever WRITTEN about."

Your problem is your poor sense of the proper use of words.

Well, that, and the fact that you take what you misread into a thing (as a result of your poor awareness of word structure) - you take that as being the same as what is actually being written about.

Let's try this again...

"...and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection,"

A sentence structure like "God, and or Father" is identifying what is meant by said structure - God, even our Father.

Both refer to One and the Same.

Both refer to One, even (or, that is to say) the Same Person.

God, that is to say, our Father.

This is a use of the word "and" often found being used throughout Scripture in this manner.

Musti, mentioned John 2:28. Same issue there - "my Lord, and my God" is the same as "my Lord, even my God."

My Lord, that is to say, my God.

"...and many bodies of the saints which slept arose - that is to say - came out of the graves AFTER his resurrection,"

I haven't checked as I don't often need to, due to how I study, but I'll bet the "and" in that passage is the Koine Greek word "kai" (and, or even).

Plain, and simple.

Plain, even simple.

Plain, that is to say, simple.

Here is another...

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, AND worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, THAT IS TO SAY THEY, worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Here is another...

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, AND the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, EVEN the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, THAT IS TO SAY, the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

While I'm at it; why does he call it My Gospel?

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Danoh

Likewise with one use of the various uses of the word "AFTER."

"after his resurrection" refers to their having risen from the dead in the same manner that He did - they were dead as dead can be. As He was.

Their resurrection was a testimony that He indeed had the power over life and death - including, over His own life and death.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Likewise with one use of the various uses of the word "AFTER."

"after his resurrection" refers to their having risen from the dead in the same manner that He did - they were dead as dead can be. As He was.

Their resurrection was a testimony that He indeed had the power over life and death - including, over His own life and death.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Christ did not raise anyone from the dead at that time.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The text says--

At the death of Christ---

Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Over three days later---

Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

LA