A Question Preterists Can't Seem to Answer

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mat.27:52-53 is not genuine.

None could be raised from the dead until Christ was at least, however the teaching of scripture is---

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The RCC likes the insertion.

LA

What about the people that Christ Himself raised from the dead while He walked the earth? Lazarus and that little girl who had died. How do you explain these two away?

beameup

Just wondering what you make of Matthew 27:51-53 and what theological label you attach and teaching application you make of this event.

???

The resurrection occurred on the Feast of Firstfruits. On Firstfruits, the priest made a "wave offering" before the Lord of the early (first) harvest. Graves were opened and resurrected people walked through the streets of Jerusalem. These were the "firstfruits" of the resurrection.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The resurrection occurred on the Feast of Firstfruits. On Firstfruits, the priest made a "wave offering" before the Lord of the early (first) harvest. Graves were opened and resurrected people walked through the streets of Jerusalem. These were the "firstfruits" of the resurrection.

A word of warning, beamup. There are two ways you can tell if Nang is lying and posting things under a false pretense.

1. Her post is directed at me or is posted in one of my threads.
2. If any sentence she writes ends with a period, question mark or exclamation point.

The first point is always true, the second is only a slight exaggeration. In any case, she'll waste more of your time than nearly any other poster on this website. I'm convinced that she can't even tell when she's lying and when she's not.

Clete

Danoh

Mat.27:52-53 is not genuine.

None could be raised from the dead until Christ was at least, however the teaching of scripture is---

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

The RCC likes the insertion.

LA

You sloppy, lazy idiot of an afternoon.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A word of warning, beamup. There are two ways you can tell if Nang is lying and posting things under a false pretense.

1. Her post is directed at me or is posted in one of my threads.
2. If any sentence she writes ends with a period, question mark or exclamation point.

The first point is always true, the second is only a slight exaggeration. In any case, she'll waste more of your time than nearly any other poster on this website. I'm convinced that she can't even tell when she's lying and when she's not.

Clete

If I had a choice between having a discussion with NANG or a "One-celled Animal" I'd choose the "One-celled animal," hands down.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You sloppy, lazy idiot of an afternoon.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

You sure have LA pegged.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I assume you consider a "rapture" of believers to be a "resurrection" of sorts, of both the living and the dead.

Just wondering what you make of Matthew 27:51-53 and what theological label you attach and teaching application you make of this event.

???

You deserve no reply

john w

Hall of Fame
TeTrolls work is done here and he has returned to AD 70.

Tellalie is attending a Preterist bible conference, in Orlando, this week:

"We now live in a new heaven and a new earth. .... we now live in the new heavens and new earth...Yes, we are living in the millennial reign right now….we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth"-aniti-Semite Preterist Tellalie

Gurucam

Here is another question:

Matthews: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

For my own edification, I would like to ask, any learned guy, a simple question.

If Peter did not remain Satan, who was the rock that was given to anchor the following church of the Lord Jesus?:

1 Corinthians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

musterion

You're not supposed to post here at all. Nothing wrong with your question -- ask it out in Religion.

Gurucam

You're not supposed to post here at all. Nothing wrong with your question -- ask it out in Religion.

It is not an opinion or a post. I am 'contaminating' nothing. It is simply a question that I would like answered, by our supposedly most informed Christians. It seems a sin (anti-christian) to deny me an answer.

Others cannot seem to give me an answer. However you guy must know enough to give a reasonable answer. I am sticking out my neck here, to get some Christian help.

Can I not read without writing. Can I not ask a question?

This is certainly the most consequential question that Preterists Can't Seem to Answer

Will you answer it?