A Question Preterists Can't Seem to Answer

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Here is another question:

Matthews: 16 KJV N.T.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

For my own edification, I would like to ask, any learned guy, a simple question.

If Peter did not remain Satan, who was the rock that was given to anchor the following church of the Lord Jesus?:

1 Corinthians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

I don't think I understand your question. Seems loaded to me.

You aren't suggesting that Peter was actually Satan incarnate, are you?

Interplanner

Actually in resolving this very issue in Jn 6, the punchline is 'The will of the Father is that anyone who looks to the son (in faith) will be saved.' We are free agents. The individual is not predetermined.

Interplanner

Actually in resolving this very issue in Jn 6, the punchline is 'The will of the Father is that anyone who looks to the son (in faith) will be saved.' We are free agents. The individual is not predetermined.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I believe only those souls whom Jacob represents, will believe, because God has determined to love them according to divine and unconditional election and grace, alone.

How would you exegete Romans 9:10-12 within the immediate context?

Eagles Wings

You best do what he says then. After all. he's been here since May 2016. That means he has a lot of pull around here. :rotfl:
Is pull important then? I'll readily admit to the temptation of pride while posting here, which is why Paul's writing on boasting is so convicting.

I've learned a lesson to not post anything that I wouldn't want seen by everyone. I will be much less trusting and hopefully more discerning.

To those I have chastised in reps, I shall cease and desist, and I am sorry.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You sloppy, lazy idiot of an afternoon.

Only dogs speak like that to children of God.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.[/QUOTE]

The insertion says they were raised from the dead and stayed in their graves until after Christs resurrection.

Fool you, filthy mouthed pig.

LA

Danoh

Only dogs speak like that to children of God.

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The insertion says they were raised from the dead and stayed in their graves until after Christs resurrection.

Fool you, filthy mouthed pig.

LA[/QUOTE]

No it does not, you quack...

...and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection,

The word "and" is often used in that way - in the sense of a continuation of the thought already being expressed.

As in a passage like "God, and our Father."

As in "the Devil, and Satan."

You are an incompetent.

Plain AND simple.

Plainly OR simply, you fool.

musterion

...and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection,

The word "and" is often used in that way - in the sense of a continuation of the thought already being expressed.

You are an incompetent.

Plain AND simple.

Don't forget John 20:28. L.A. hates that one.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You are an incompetent.

Plain AND simple.

Plainly OR simply, you fool.

There is absolutely no supporting scripture in any of the Bible for dead men to be raised from the dead at the death of Christ.

Particularly as it requires a living one to raise them, and any such raising was never taught or even wrote about by people of the time.

Paul taught--

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

LA