ECT A Question For the Preterists

Jerry Shugart

And yet every post by JS is about how a certain OT passage has not happened yet! That's what 2P2P is; another program is running that 'needs' to be fulfilled for the Bible to 'make sense.' I know of which I speak.

You prove that you are incapable of understanding what the Dispensationalists actually teach.

We teach that the other program will not be running until after the saints in the Body of Christ are caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air.

You have repeatedly proved that you are incapable of understanding what the Bible teaches.

Interplanner

You prove that you are incapable of understanding what the Dispensationalists actually teach.

We teach that the other program will not be running until after the saints in the Body of Christ are caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air.

You have repeatedly proved that you are incapable of understanding what the Bible teaches.

The whole reason it 'needs' to happen after the church is because of the belief that there are 2 programs! You are a spacecase on the matters of the debate, JS. Every time the question comes up it is because the other program 'has to happen, because it is in the OT.' You don't know the questions you are dealing with.

It is D'ism/2P2P that always says these things have to happen yet. Ryrie said that defined D'ism. Also he believed it 'made sense' of the Bible, because he believed a 2nd program and direction was introduced in Gen 12, unlike the NT.

Jerry Shugart

The whole reason it 'needs' to happen after the church is because of the belief that there are 2 programs!

Paul knew that the Lord will be dealing with the nation of Israel in the future, and therefore that program remains in the future:

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins"
(Ro.11:25-27).​

Since you have no place in your eschatology for the fulfillment of Paul's words you just refuse to believe him.

Right Divider

Body part
And yet every post by JS is about how a certain OT passage has not happened yet! That's what 2P2P is; another program is running that 'needs' to be fulfilled for the Bible to 'make sense.' I know of which I speak.
Frankly, you're as dumb as the come. YOU are the one that makes (are at least tries to make) a mockery of the scripture.

You even go so far as to try to make your "outside knowledge" superior to the PLAIN and CLEAR teaching that comes from God's Word.

You're a sorry excuse for an "expert".

Get lost Mr. PeacefulMeansToxic: scripture twister extraordinaire.

Interplanner

Frankly, you're as dumb as the come. YOU are the one that makes (are at least tries to make) a mockery of the scripture.

You even go so far as to try to make your "outside knowledge" superior to the PLAIN and CLEAR teaching that comes from God's Word.

You're a sorry excuse for an "expert".

Get lost Mr. PeacefulMeansToxic: scripture twister extraordinaire.

Unless you refer to a specific passage, I have no idea what you are saying. You just sound afraid.

How are you doing on 'looking to the hills / where will my help come from'?

Here's another: it is not 'the rain' as such that drives the deluge of Noah. It is something else in the text. But it is amazing (and unfortunate) how the sunday-school conception of it being the rain BLOCKS people from understanding what happened.

Interplanner

Honest, straightforward answer to neither of those have been forthcoming no matter how often we've asked.

I did many times. You have the wrong meaning of Amos 9 which is to understood in light of what the apostles said in Acts 15. The raised tent is the incoming gentiles. There is no need for a land promise anymore, as such.

I just answered the same about Zech 14, and pointed out that of the 2500 uses of the OT by the apostles and Christ, you find one that they did NOT talk about and think the whole Bible revolves around that. Tell me again, why did Christ bother teaching the OT? And teaching the apostles and Paul about it?

Interplanner

:french:
More rhetorical tricks. You're so cute.

What does the word מְנוּחָה mnuwchah (men-oo-chaw') mean?

I don't know what your fav Hebrew word means; I'm occupied with the 2500 uses of the OT by the NT. How about you? Then the conclusions I reach will have the breadth and depth that one word does not supply.

musterion

There is no need for a land promise anymore, as such.

See what he does?

God doesn't simply supersede one revealed plan with an unrevealed one--no, that's heresy and foolishness.

Instead, God simply breaks His Word by permanently cancelling unconditioned promises He had made. THIS is his version of sound doctrine that we are too stupid to fathom.

Interplanner

See what he does?

God doesn't simply supersede one revealed plan with an unrevealed one--no, that's heresy and foolishness.

Instead, God simply breaks His Word by permanently cancelling unconditioned promises He had made. THIS is his version of sound doctrine that we are too stupid to fathom.

He's not breaking his word. That is the question taken up by Rom 9:6: the word has not failed, because the descendancy was never the ethne. It is what is 'in Christ' (or who is in Him) that matters.

The NT has many, many passages that extol the arrival of Christ, not because 403 'exact' predictions came true, but because the expected age that was to come had arrived. The age of grace, the mission to the nations, the kingdom etc. This is what lofty passages like Eph 1-3 are about. Col 1. Heb 1.

Where, anywhere in the NT, is the 'trump' statement that all of this is inferior or a diversion or an interruption to a plan to get Israel promises in its land and redo Judaism and a Davidic theocracy? Why does someone like RD read Dan 2 or 4 and see the kingdom there, but think it means Judea is end-of-the-world-in-fire-proof, and goes on forever, with no NT mention of it, not even the Rev?

"If David calls him Lord, how can he be his son?"

Jerry Shugart

Where, anywhere in the NT, is the 'trump' statement that all of this is inferior or a diversion or an interruption to a plan to get Israel promises in its land and redo Judaism and a Davidic theocracy?

The Apostes were with the Lord Jesus for forty days while He tutored them on the kingdom. And after that they believed that the kingdom would be restored to Israel:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).​

The Lord Jesus did not tell them that their expectations were wrong. Instead, He only told them that they were not to know when it would happen.

We also know that the kingdom to which the Apostles spoke will not be ushered in until the return of the Lord Jesus to the earth:

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand" (Lk.21:27-31).​

Do you think that the Lord Jesus has returned to the earth already?

Right Divider

Body part
I don't know what your fav Hebrew word means; I'm occupied with the 2500 uses of the OT by the NT. How about you? Then the conclusions I reach will have the breadth and depth that one word does not supply.
That's hilarious since you've told me what it SHOULD mean in Psalm 23 many times.

Once again, you do NOT know what either the OT/OC or NT/NC are.

You are one horrible interp.

SaulToPaul 2

Unless you refer to a specific passage, I have no idea what you are saying. You just sound afraid.

How are you doing on 'looking to the hills / where will my help come from'?

Here's another: it is not 'the rain' as such that drives the deluge of Noah. It is something else in the text. But it is amazing (and unfortunate) how the sunday-school conception of it being the rain BLOCKS people from understanding what happened.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

Oh the irony.... :rotfl:

What is your problem? I'm talking about what Christ said about the new covenant,
what 2 Cor 3-5 says about it
and what Hebrews says about it.

What is more specific than that? Are you unable to absorb the NT so you read 2P2P manuals for dummies?