ECT A Preterist Time Chart

SaulToPaul 2

No, this is not in Hebrews, so I think it is irrelevant. Is all your escahtology based on stuff that is not actually said in Scripture?

The day of atonement was in Christ's gospel. You blew that one.
"He dwelt among us" is 'skeino'--to tabernacle, Jn 1. He "tabernacled" among us, in the Gospel. You blew that one.

Where are 100 events that "have to happen"? In the trumpets? That's all that's left.

I can see where the trumpets is the only thing left, but I'm not interested because we are here to boast or preach the cross of Christ. As in 'the trumpet shall sound' or 'at the last trumpet.'

The question of Affleck was: how can people with elaborate 100 part eschatologies not see that the NT spends no time on those 100 parts in its main didactic passages about the 2nd coming?

How can the day of atonement (a fall feast) be fulfilled before Pentecost (a spring feast)?
No, in this, you truly do not know what you are talking about.

SaulToPaul 2

Fall-LORD's second coming

5 Trumpets
6 Day of Atonement
7 Tabernacles

Trumpets- prepare for trouble, a gathering
Atonement- when the LORD returns from behind the veil, Heb 9:28 (KJV)
Tabernacles- dwelling together

These are all yet future. The first four feast days have been fulfilled. We are in the summer, and fall is approaching. Study these things out and see if they are not so.

Wick Stick

...the end judgement was expected right after the trauma in Judea in that generation.
If you want to know what they were expecting, you can just read 1Enoch. It spells it out pretty simply in chapter 92/93 (numbering is a little funny in different translations).

http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/1enoch_all.html#CH93

Their paradigm included 10 weeks for the whole of creation.

70AD falls at the end of week 6. They were expecting four more weeks - another 28 generations - after the burning of the temple, until the NHNE.

Interplanner

If you want to know what they were expecting, you can just read 1Enoch. It spells it out pretty simply in chapter 92/93 (numbering is a little funny in different translations).

http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/1enoch_all.html#CH93

Their paradigm included 10 weeks for the whole of creation.

70AD falls at the end of week 6. They were expecting four more weeks - another 28 generations - after the burning of the temple, until the NHNE.

There are 50 times in the NT where the end is expected in their time.

Interplanner

Well, one thing we know from today is that D'ists/2P2Ps think it is perfectly normal to have an idiot make a mental health determination on the internet, in public, based on some interpretations, and the D'ists are so spineless that they won't rebuke the person. Not one.

And you wonder why people don't want to become Christians.

It is quite toxic to have the land of Israel as your hope of all hopes, instead of the Gospel of God's grace towards us.

Interplanner

True. But, it does not imply that there are not more ages.

Of course it implies there are not more ages on this earth. The exception being the delay in judgement day. Heb 1 is already about 'the world to come, of which we are speaking' as the expected location of bliss for the believer who holds to his faith to death. It has no expectation of anything on this earth.

Nor does 2 Peter 3, which smashes the club here, every time I read it: how could Peter have forgotten their fav doctrine?

Interplanner

Nope. They were expecting 4 more ages afterwards. Hit the link in post #107 for proof.

What is "proof" after 40 years of reading the material in normal, obvious sense? When you tell people you know not to get married because the end is near, and no one has figured out how to get married 4 "ages" from now, you--Wick--sound silly. I Cor 7.

When you tell people whose country is being torched and ransacked that in just a little while , if they hold fast, they will gain the world to come, then "proof" about waiting for 4 "ages" is stupid, and would not be the same admonition, and would not help them (those people in Hebrews letter), etc.

SaulToPaul 2

What is "proof" after 40 years of reading the material in normal, obvious sense? When you tell people you know not to get married because the end is near, and no one has figured out how to get married 4 "ages" from now, you--Wick--sound silly. I Cor 7.

When you tell people whose country is being torched and ransacked that in just a little while , if they hold fast, they will gain the world to come, then "proof" about waiting for 4 "ages" is stupid, and would not be the same admonition, and would not help them (those people in Hebrews letter), etc.

Why does Paul mention ENDS of the world?

Danoh

Why does Paul mention ENDS of the world?

My understanding of that is based on the following, from it's passages...based on two principles.

Looking up those words in the original language; along with the application of the principle I'll post, in a moment...

The word "world" there is also plural, and refers to "ages" - "the ends (plural) of the ages" (plural) is the intended sense.

What ends of the ages is he referring to, is then much more easier to solve for.

And the sense is that those things that happened in those past ages had each ended up in resulting wisdom thru their example as ends (end results) highly useful in learning from, towards the application of their lessons, in the here and now.

They had each ended up being examples, one might do well to attempt learn some applicable wisdom from, towards applying, in the here and now.

That is based on another guiding principle, which is the simple principle of asking oneself the question "what was Paul talking about, when he then added to that what he then added to it, after it?"

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Could you repeat that, please...

10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Okay; got it. In other words, one can learn from said past results.

10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

For as said past events as examples had repeatedly proven....

10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.