ECT A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
Thanks for confirming what it is I am saying. The MAD "cult" does not believe the words of Jesus I posted in my OP are to them "the Gentiles" but only to flesh and blood Israel.
Why don't you believe the Lord as to whom He was sent unto in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Why don't you believe Paul, who confirmed it?

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Danoh

Thanks for confirming what it is I am saying. The MAD "cult" does not believe the words of Jesus I posted in my OP are to them "the Gentiles" but only to flesh and blood Israel. This of course also goes against what Paul taught in 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

So by their own confession they are not really "Christian" because they do not follow the words and teachings of Jesus Christ, or Paul for that matter.

Depends on the Mad; and also - on what specifically, the particular Mad had actually meant.

And there are also different Mads.

I, as a Mad (more or less) have no problem applying those aspects of Scripture, say, in Matthew, but that in light of later revelation (later Scriptures) now applied differently.

Do you obey Jesus' words in Matthew 8 to go and shew thyself unto a priest and give/engage in the animal sacrifice cleansing ritual that Moses commanded in Leviticus 14?

One would hope not.

And yet, there that command is.

Do you go and just shew thyself unto a Priest, then?

You do if you have bought into the RCC's misunderstanding of that in their own teaching.

And so it goes - all Scripture is all for us, but it is not all to us, nor all about us...alone.

If not, let me know.

Right now the rainy season is returning and I can get you a good deal on gopher wood for your building of an Ark :chuckle:

I mean, since you assert you obey all Scripture.

You don't; do you?

You can't; can you?

Because while it is all for us, it is not all about us, thus, not all to us...alone.

This is not human viewpoint.

Rather, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

That is to say, speaking the Scripture's spiritual things, not in the word imagery that man's natural man wisdom of this world comes up with and or looks at things through, but in the Scripture's spiritual words, or word imagery...unto the spiritual men the Scripture's spiritual word imagery was intended for.

I.S.I.T.

Why don't you believe the Lord as to whom He was sent unto in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John?
Why don't you believe in the Word of God????

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

I.S.I.T.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Who's the "us" in the passage?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Who is whosoever???????

I.S.I.T.

You admitted yesterday that you do not follow all of his commands, that some were not intended for you.
Does this mean you reject the words of the Son?

I admitted to not having to follow a command (s) that was directed only to his disciples at that present time, which is clear to those who do not try to distort it. It was a desperate attempt to bring accusations against me by purposely misrepresenting the words of Jesus Christ. That is called handling the words of God deceitfully. A practice that only the wicked and reprobate would try to pull.

SaulToPaul 2

I admitted to not having to follow a command (s) that was directed only to his disciples at that present time, which is clear to those who do not try to distort it. It was a desperate attempt to bring accusations against me by purposely misrepresenting the words of Jesus Christ. That is called handling the words of God deceitfully. A practice that only the wicked and reprobate would try to pull.

Are there other commands of Jesus that were not intended for you?

Do you have a list of the ones you follow, and a list of ones you don't?

Can I see it?

I.S.I.T.

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Who's the "us" in the passage?

Isaiah 9:1-2 "Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.

2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined."

Matthew 4:12-17 "Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;

13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:

14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." :)

SaulToPaul 2

Isaiah 9:1-2 "Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.

2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined."

Matthew 4:12-17 "Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;

13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:

14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." :)

Isa 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

I.S.I.T.

Isa 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

8 The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.

Clearly Jesus Christ was sent to both Jews and Gentiles, so get over it. :)

Danoh

Matthew 4: 15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

Meaning in the land of those two tribes OF ISRAEL: Zabulon and Nephthalim.

Where was that?

By way of the sea, beyond Jordan - Galillee of the Gentiles.

Duh - uh.