ECT A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still waiting for scriptural proof! Hello! :)
You have openly admitted you do not obey or keep all the teachings of Jesus Christ.

This one right here for starters:

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Let us know how you arrive at the conclusion that the above verse was not a command or teaching of Jesus Christ to His disciples.

I.S.I.T.

Quote Originally Posted by I.S.I.T. View Post
Alright, I will make this discussion easy for the followers of this MAD group. I already gave scriptural support in my first 2 posts to prove my point that Jesus said to follow, do, and keep his sayings, commands and teachings. Now here is a quote from a MAD follower who says....
"We do not follow, obey, keep these teachings and commands of Jesus Christ." [end quote]

Now you MAD guys give me scriptural confirmation where Jesus or any of the apostles, including Paul, said not to follow,obey, or keep the teachings of Jesus Christ. It is a simple request to prove all things by the words of God. Happy hunting!

Still waiting...:wave:

I.S.I.T.

You have openly admitted you do not obey or keep all the teachings of Jesus Christ.

This one right here for starters:

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Let us know how you arrive at the conclusion that the above verse was not a command or teaching of Jesus Christ to His disciples.

Better yet, let us know how in the world that command is meant for me today seeing that Jesus later commanded for His disciples to go and publish Him in all the world. A little common sense would help. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Better yet, let us know how in the world that command is meant for me today seeing that Jesus later commanded for His disciples to go and publish Him in all the world. A little common sense would help. :)
Nope.
We are going to stick to your statement and not move the goalpost.

Is it a command of Jesus Christ, or not?

Let me help you since you seem to be a bit slow witted.
The answer is 'Yes, it is a command of Jesus Christ'.

So you need to alter your statement of obeying and following the commands of Christ, or keep looking foolish.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MAD says the commands of Jesus Christ only apply to the House of Israel, which they claim they are not a part of.

LA
MAD does not say all the commands of Jesus Christ only apply to Israel.
MAD applies the commands of Jesus Christ to the ones the commands were applied to.

When you and I.S.I.T. make a statement about the commands of Jesus Christ, it includes all the commands of Jesus Christ.

I.S.I.T. keeps making that statement, and then contradicts his own statement with "Well, that command of Jesus Christ is not for everyone".

That's what MAD has been saying all along ----- that not all of the commands of Jesus Christ are for everyone to obey.

I.S.I.T.

It is a sad state of affairs when people purposely misrepresent the words of Jesus in order to prop up a false teaching of man. That is called handling the word of God deceitfully, and holding back the truth in unrighteousness.

By the way I am still waiting for scriptural support for this "creed" of the MAD cult....

"We do not follow, obey, keep these teachings and commands of Jesus Christ."

That is a broad and very bold statement indeed, surely they have scriptural support for such a creed. Waiting....

SaulToPaul 2

It is a sad state of affairs when people purposely misrepresent the words of Jesus in order to prop up a false teaching of man. That is called handling the word of God deceitfully, and holding back the truth in unrighteousness.

By the way I am still waiting for scriptural support for this "creed" of the MAD cult....

That is a broad and very bold statement indeed, surely they have scriptural support for such a creed. Waiting....

Where did you get this "creed"?