ECT A challenge to Calvinism on limited atonement

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not one scripture explicitly teaches limited atonement.

The Word is captured by those who listen, and pass through those who do not.

The Bible fundamentally is Calvinistic- there is no need for the Scriptures to specifically tell it.

Sonnet

This is explict:

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

Not one scripture that explicitly says the opposite.

Sonnet

The Bible fundamentally is Calvinistic- there is no need for the Scriptures to specifically tell it.

Assertion.
You failed to provide one scripture.

The OP stands.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Assertion.
You failed to provide one scripture.

The OP stands.

You all do not stand, period.

You all have failed miserably to prove Calvinism wrong- it smashed the Catholic Church then, and it smashes those as yourself now :)

Sonnet

This is what Paul preached: 'Christ died for our sins.' Whom did he, primarily, preach the Gospel to?

Romans 15:20
It has always been my ambition to preach the gospel where Christ was not known, so that I would not be building on someone else’s foundation.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Mere assertion...claims without any scriptural backing.

You've refused to understand the verses- just go ahead and live in the dark. The Reformed tradition will be here when you want to wake up and see the Scriptures for what they are :)

Sonnet

Romans 5:6
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.

Hebrews 2:9
But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honour because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

1 Timothy 1:16
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Sonnet

The OP:

The Christian who is mindful of Paul's curse on those that preach a different Gospel CANNOT then be criticised for preaching word for word as Paul did (in 1 Cor 15:3-8) whenever he shares the good news. He is just heeding Paul's warning. Doing so entails telling unbelievers, 'Christ died for our sins.'

This is proof that Christ died for all without exception.

Sonnet

You've refused to understand the verses- just go ahead and live in the dark. The Reformed tradition will be here when you want to wake up and see the Scriptures for what they are :)

The good news is that Christ died for all without exception. I affirm that includes you Crucible.

However, since Jesus says that: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven," - then if you maintain Jesus did not die for all, then you might yet be one of those whom, you say, Jesus did not die for.

Is that good news Crucible?

Sonnet

You haven't provided any scriptures on this thread.

Sonnet

Crucible - my unbelieving mother wants to know if Christ died for her? She wants to know if this is true:

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people."

What are you going to tell her?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Man has already chosen, people think it is a present or future choice. We chose in Adam and every sin we commit endorses Adam.

We chose sin over righreousness
evil over good
death over life

We chose sin and death, we all do sin, we all do die.

We do not now get to choose, God has chosen to save, to have mercy.

And yet STILL man thinks he gets to dictate conditions

Sonnet

C'monnnnn Paul had a choice? This is where people fail to grasp, now Paul chose, Paul elected. We had said God elected, God chose. Jesus said "You have NOT chosen Me but I have chosen you"

God is totally irresistible, ask Jonah. I know it doesn't seem that way but when God gets you into that corner the only way out is to obey.

Freewill is pah!

God totally conquers our will and subdues it....this is a very obnoxious truth to the flesh, especially American Democratic flesh.....humbling

God conquers us with love, tough love if necessary. In this doctrine is perfect rest

This constitutes the election part of double predestination.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Really? How?

Man chose, God did not choose for Adam to sin, God warned him not to do it.

But man has chosen, he chose sin and death and sin and death is what we have. But God has had mercy THAT is what was predestinated.

WHO has God predestined? who God FOREKNEW He predestined

Do you not know that all others are enemies of God? they hate Him without a cause.

It is the parable of the wheat and tares, God planted wheat, the devil planted the tares. Calvin in double predestiny says that God planted them.

You say but all start out sinners. Only because God has consigned all under sin....that is what predestiny entails, that we all should be in Adam's loins when he fell, so that when he fell we all fell with him.

WHY?

Scripture tells us, that He might have mercy upon all....I'm just scratching the surface here because God has more options at His disposal than heaven and hell which is where the church has gotten stuck.

There is to be a NEW heavens and a new earth, if you and I are heaven bound then who will inherit the earth?

Jesus told us. "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth"

God has been meeking men out for centuries.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So do you have any good news for unbelievers?

There is no good news for the reprobate.

Or maybe you simply overlooked the entirety of the Old Testament and Revelation :plain:

I don't think you realize it
When
You are speaking to someone who is an orthodox Protestant- you are simply rolling out the Free Grace heresy to us.

We just don't do it. We're not going to say what sounds nice or what is attractive- we're going to tell you the real, actual reason why Christ was crucified :rolleyes:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is no good news for the reprobate.

Indeed.

Such is the very and exact definition of a "reprobate" soul. God promises them no good news ("gospel").

you are simply rolling out the Free Grace heresy to us.

We just don't do it :rolleyes:

The so-called "free grace" being taught, is nothing other than "Universalism" which comes in many forms.

Universal salvation is non-existent, as even empirical evidence proves. God's grace is Particular, period.

There is no middle theological position to take or try to sell . . . none . . .