7 Reasons Why George Carlin Did Not Go To Hell

Brother Vinny

The Bible says that judgement is only for God to make.

Neat thing about the Bible is that it's a collection of named books, which man has divided into numbered chapters, which in turn have been divided into numbered verses. So instead of saying, "The Bible says. . . ", you should be able to narrow your citation down to a book, chapter, and verse of the Bible.

I eagerly await your doing so in this instance.

Lon

Some of you are missing the point of this thread. Jefferson could have labelled it differently I think but it's about corporate and political indoctrination and Carlin is just the example used.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I don't understand why pointing out the choice Carlin made and the natural consequence of that choice is considered to be "gloating". He rejected Christ all his life, and as far as can be known, up until his death. According to scripture the result of that choice is clear.

that koban feller is one smart cookie!

Not only is this statement false, but you just made a hypocrite of yourself as well.

:darwinsm: still hilarious!

we need more Turbos around here!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Neat thing about the Bible is that it's a collection of named books, which man has divided into numbered chapters, which in turn have been divided into numbered verses. So instead of saying, "The Bible says. . . ", you should be able to narrow your citation down to a book, chapter, and verse of the Bible.

Romans 12:19 Revenge not yourselves, my dearly beloved; but give place unto wrath, for it is written: Revenge is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that you may not be judged, [2] For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother' s eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? [4] Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother' s eye.

No one can know what is in another man's heart. Only God can say. Learn to accept your place in the body of Christ and have the humility to accept this truth.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
satan hisses:
Judge not, that you may not be judged...

we'd never catch you doing that, would we?

For instance, we'd never catch you judging whether somebody accepted their place in the Body of Christ, right?

And we'd certainly never catch you judging whether somebody had the humility to accept truth, right?

Learn to accept your place in the body of Christ and have the humility to accept this truth.

:darwinsm:

Brother Vinny

Romans 12:19 Revenge not yourselves, my dearly beloved; but give place unto wrath, for it is written: Revenge is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord.

I see a verse here about avenging oneself, not about passing judgment. Fail.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that you may not be judged, [2] For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother' s eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? [4] Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? [5] Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother' s eye.

I see here an admonition to not judge unrighteously, followed by instructions for righteous judgment. Again, fail.

No one can know what is in another man's heart. Only God can say. Learn to accept your place in the body of Christ and have the humility to accept this truth.

I agree we don't know other men's hearts, or even our own all that well, for that matter. All we can judge are actions. Carlin's actions were not the fruits one would associate with repentance. It is to be hoped, like the "good thief", he died having repented, however unlikely.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Not only is this statement false, but you just made a hypocrite of yourself as well.

If you can't distinguish the sin from the sinner, it is. There are certainly things that will lead you to damnation. It doesn't mean that everyone who does those things is going to hell.

All it means is one's eagerness to decide who goes to hell, is a good way of getting there.

Think.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Doesn't sound very convincing. Obviously you don't have the capacity to send someone to hell. God was telling you that you should let Him handle it.

I see here an admonition to not judge unrighteously

Kinda like "let him who is without sin, first throw a stone", um? When you get there, you can judge.

I agree we don't know other men's hearts, or even our own all that well, for that matter. All we can judge are actions.

Which in the NT is considered. When we see someone doing something wrong, we should tell him, but we should not make a judgement about what is in his heart.

Carlin's actions were not the fruits one would associate with repentance.

Nope. But I notice he didn't steal, or lie, or approve of hurting other people. Those are behaviors I would associate with repentance.

He basically couldn't believe in God. He apparently tried when he as in the Air Force, and it didn't happen for him.

If it was a case of invincible ignorance, he might have been saved, as Paul says:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, who have not the law, do by nature those things that are of the law; these having not the law are a law to themselves: [15] Who shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness to them, and their thoughts between themselves accusing, or also defending one another,

It is to be hoped, like the "good thief", he died having repented, however unlikely.

Perhaps so. I would always avoid the presumption that we are Godlike enough to make such a judgement. It is a terrible occasion of sin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you can't distinguish the sin from the sinner, it is. There are certainly things that will lead you to damnation. It doesn't mean that everyone who does those things is going to hell.

All it means is one's eagerness to decide who goes to hell, is a good way of getting there.

Think.

George Carlin openly rejected Christ and God. You can be certain that unless there was a death bed confession, that he is in hell.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If he isnt and hes never confessed Christ as God, then the bible lies.

No, it just means Paul told the truth. Also it means your particular re-interpretation of the Bible is wrong.

Do you think the bible has lied about it barbie

As you just learned, the Bible doesn't say what you want it to.

Which you interpret as "lying." But it is the truth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, it just means Paul told the truth. Also it means your particular re-interpretation of the Bible is wrong.

As you just learned, the Bible doesn't say what you want it to.

Which you interpret as "lying." But it is the truth.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them

Ill believe Christ instead of you. He doesnt lie, im sorry you think He does.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is presumptuous for any of us to say what is in anyone's heart, and to decide where his eternal existence will be. It is taking on God's role, and it is harmful to your soul.
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. We know what was in his heart because of what came out of his mouth.

The Bible says that judgement is only for God to make. Do you not believe in the Bible?
I challenge you to post a single verse, or passage, that states such.

Everytime Brabrie says "The bible says...", we can be certain the bible says the exact opposite. :chuckle:
Precisely.

I concur.

Some of you are missing the point of this thread. Jefferson could have labelled it differently I think but it's about corporate and political indoctrination and Carlin is just the example used.
Jefferson didn't choose the title, Bob Enyart did; it was the title of the particular episode of Bob's radio show which is linked to in the OP.

Neither of these verses state what you claim. Brother Vinny already addressed this, and explained what they did state.

I addressed this above with the verse on the abundance of the heart...

Yup.

I see here an admonition to not judge unrighteously, followed by instructions for righteous judgment. Again, fail.
Again, yup.

I agree we don't know other men's hearts, or even our own all that well, for that matter. All we can judge are actions. Carlin's actions were not the fruits one would associate with repentance. It is to be hoped, like the "good thief", he died having repented, however unlikely.
We can judge words, can we not? And by words we can judge hearts.

Matthew 12:34
Luke 6:45

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them

Ill believe Christ instead of you. He doesnt lie, im sorry you think He does.

Trust Jesus over the lies of satan

always a good bet! :thumb:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Ill believe Christ

But you won't.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, who have not the law, do by nature those things that are of the law; these having not the law are a law to themselves: [15] Who shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness to them, and their thoughts between themselves accusing, or also defending one another,

You only believe the parts you like, and reject the rest.

Instead of you. He doesnt lie, im sorry you think He does.

And of course you know I don't think that. Shame on you for pretending I do.

Jukia

Just more evidence that the Bible can be interpreted in what ever way makes YOU feel better and less fearful. And clearly more loved by your particular deity. The Other is going to Hell and you are not. So comforting

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Pretend Christians like to think of God as a big buddy who will beat up the people they hate.

Don't mistake that for the real thing.