3rd Annual TOL-a-THON

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Agreed. It has always been my practice to pay for a subscription when one is offered at an internet discussion site. After all, if I intend to be a regular poster it seems only fair to "render unto Caesar" even when my views may be different from the site's management or popular culture.

What do I mean by "regular poster"? Well, if you are still a member here with a "Blue ID" and have made more than 500 posts, it is my opinion (and not necessarily those of the TOL management) that you are a regular poster. Hence, you should be asking yourself if you are giving something in return for what you are getting. Some may rationalize that their posts, full of wonderful wisdom and cogent content :)squint:), is a sufficient "payment". I would argue that, while your edifying content is appreciated, you should consider the venue and what labors, i.e., tangible costs, are required to keep the venue operating.

The house party metaphor is often used herein. Taking a page from that metaphor, it would seem appropriate that if you have been hanging around the party for quite some time, partaking of the food and the beverages, that sooner or later someone will ask you to make a beverage run to the store to re-stock that which you have helped consume. Now is your chance to do so. ;)

AMR

:thumb: Can't argue with that.

ANd that being said I should pay up now and would, but not until after next weekend.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you notice who the drummer was? :D

Now I did . . . John Candy was :drum:

Did you notice the hair farm on his head? :rotfl:

And my favorite John Candy movie is "Only the Lonely"​

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yo TOL'ers.... there are some of you . . . .

- Who spend all day on TOL.
- Have folks sponsor your premium memberships
- Use all the TOL features and benefits

. . . . yet don't support TOL in any way.

It couldn't hurt to toss a few bucks towards our goal . . .

Please consider donating any amount of $5 or more. It will not go unappreciated.

Edited by Psalmist for a reply.

While in this time of economic down turn, we all have had to tighten our purse strings, cut back, do without a few extras and some of the treats; yet we are able to keep the basics intact.

I understand fixed incomes too; there things that we just do without, and found out that we did fine without those things we did without.

While $5.00 will not get anyone a green subscription, it does help and is very much appreciated.

A one time $5.00 donation divided by 365 days is 0.0136986 cents per day.

I think that is doable. It's like one day without Latte or a really good cup of designer coffee. A $5.00 something or other, you know what I mean.

For the Christian, Protestant Christian, Christian (other), donating should be because of a labor of love, love for Jesus and the message of Salvation, the cause of Christ; love for the TOL fellowship; and a love for others.

For the rest (atheist, agnostic, pagans, wiccans, etc.) and other non-Christians, donating should be because you have something to say, you like to contribute to conversation, and you would be heard.

For the yet undiscovered TOL politicians, you could see it as donating to your political cause and future, maybe setting the stage for a run at a political office to make your city, state, or country a better place. And it would have started right here at TOL.

Why donate . . . Because we can.

Yes this is an unsolicited unpaid promotional post for TOL.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agreed. It has always been my practice to pay for a subscription when one is offered at an internet discussion site. After all, if I intend to be a regular poster it seems only fair to "render unto Caesar" even when my views may be different from the site's management or popular culture.

What do I mean by "regular poster"? Well, if you are still a member here with a "Blue ID" and have made more than 500 posts, it is my opinion (and not necessarily those of the TOL management) that you are a regular poster. Hence, you should be asking yourself if you are giving something in return for what you are getting. Some may rationalize that their posts, full of wonderful wisdom and cogent content :)squint:), is a sufficient "payment". I would argue that, while your edifying content is appreciated, you should consider the venue and what labors, i.e., tangible costs, are required to keep the venue operating.

The house party metaphor is often used herein. Taking a page from that metaphor, it would seem appropriate that if you have been hanging around the party for quite some time, partaking of the food and the beverages, that sooner or later someone will ask you to make a beverage run to the store to re-stock that which you have helped consume. Now is your chance to do so. ;)

AMR
Thanks brother. (and thanks for the donation)

And I extended out your GOLD for another year. :up:

C

cattyfan

AMR

:BRAVO: Well said!!

I can think of a whole list of people who are here almost every day, and certainly seem to put a premium on their own opinions on virtually every topic...yet are strangely silent when it comes to actually supporting this site. (I will be diplomatic and not call them out by name.) If they're here 5 days out of 7, they obvious value TOL. I would ask them to consider how much time they spend here...and then ask them to please give SOMETHING to help keep this place running.

Mr. 5020

I don't really get to post anymore, but I sent in a donation.

Thanks for everything you've done for me over the years, Knight. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are now at 42%

50% is our next goal within the goal! Come on folks any donation amount helps and is appreciated. If we can't raise the money to keep TOL going, TOL will cease to exist (it's that simple).

THEOLOGYONLINE.COM NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are now at 44%

50% is our next goal within the goal! Come on folks any donation amount helps and is appreciated. If we can't raise the money to keep TOL going, TOL will cease to exist (it's that simple).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks to Prisca we are now at 47%

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We seem to be stuck at 47%

You may have heard of these two...
TOL-a-THON entertainment