3rd Annual TOL-a-THON

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seems like the pace is a little better than last year, Knight. I hope it keeps up.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seems like the pace is a little better than last year, Knight. I hope it keeps up.
Yeah... it does seem that way.

And we have lowered our fund raising goal by $1000 so we should be able to hit the mark.

It would be awesome if we could end the TOL-a-THON early!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are now at 34%

40% is our next goal within the goal! Come on folks any donation amount helps and is appreciated. If we can't raise the money to keep TOL going, TOL will cease to exist (it's that simple).

THEOLOGYONLINE.COM NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are now at 35%

40% is our next goal within the goal! Come on folks any donation amount helps and is appreciated. If we can't raise the money to keep TOL going, TOL will cease to exist (it's that simple).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We are now at 37%

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Come on folks lets not stumble..... things are slowing down.

And remember I have been known to give gifts back in return. :)

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a litte hard to dance to.

I never knew Rick Moranis could play the guitar.....

NOT

:chuckle: Rick Moranis :thumb:

:confused: Rick Moranis playing the :guitar: :crackup:

Rick Moranis playing the :guitar: left handed :rotfl:

:think: Rick Moranis the actor :BRAVO: "Little Giants" etc.​

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yo TOL'ers.... there are some of you....

- Who spend all day on TOL.
- Have folks sponsor your premium memberships
- Use all the TOL features and benefits

...yet don't support TOL in any way.

It couldn't hurt to toss a few bucks towards our goal.

You might be surprised to learn how much it costs to run a site like TOL that requires a dedicated server and software licensing fees. Our September bill will be $3,600 and that's just for hosting. It costs well over $5,000 per year to run a website like TOL that eats up this much bandwidth.

Our TOL-a-THON is attempting to raise $3,500. And it's the only time during the year we ask for donations.

Therefore, TOL is a losing venture for me.

It's a labor of love.

Please consider donating any amount of $5 or more. It will not go unappreciated.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yo TOL'ers.... there are some of you....

- Who spend all day on TOL.
- Have folks sponsor your premium memberships
- Use all the TOL features and benefits

...yet don't support TOL in any way.

It couldn't hurt to toss a few bucks towards our goal.
Agreed. It has always been my practice to pay for a subscription when one is offered at an internet discussion site. After all, if I intend to be a regular poster it seems only fair to "render unto Caesar" even when my views may be different from the site's management or popular culture.

What do I mean by "regular poster"? Well, if you are still a member here with a "Blue ID" and have made more than 500 posts, it is my opinion (and not necessarily those of the TOL management) that you are a regular poster. Hence, you should be asking yourself if you are giving something in return for what you are getting. Some may rationalize that their posts, full of wonderful wisdom and cogent content :)squint:), is a sufficient "payment". I would argue that, while your edifying content is appreciated, you should consider the venue and what labors, i.e., tangible costs, are required to keep the venue operating.

The house party metaphor is often used herein. Taking a page from that metaphor, it would seem appropriate that if you have been hanging around the party for quite some time, partaking of the food and the beverages, that sooner or later someone will ask you to make a beverage run to the store to re-stock that which you have helped consume. Now is your chance to do so. ;)

AMR

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agreed. It has always been my practice to pay for a subscription when one is offered at an internet discussion site. After all, if I intend to be a regular poster it seems only fair to "render unto Caesar" even when my views may be different from the site's management or popular culture.

What do I mean by "regular poster"? Well, if you are still a member here with a "Blue ID" and have made more than 500 posts, it is my opinion (and not necessarily those of the TOL management) that you are a regular poster. Hence, you should be asking yourself if you are giving something in return for what you are getting. Some may rationalize that their posts, full of wonderful wisdom and cogent content :)squint:), is a sufficient "payment". I would argue that, while your edifying content is appreciated, you should consider the venue and what labors, i.e., tangible costs, are required to keep the venue operating.

The house party metaphor is often used herein. Taking a page from that metaphor, it would seem appropriate that if you have been hanging around the party for quite some time, partaking of the food and the beverages, that sooner or later someone will ask you to make a beverage run to the store to re-stock that which you have helped consume. Now is your chance to do so. ;)

AMR

Well said! :up:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AMR

"You must spread some Reputation around..." :thumb: