ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm thinkin' that you are a first-rate, grade-A, number-one nut.

Well......STP is an Acts 9/Acts 28, O'Hair/Bullinger kinda Dispensationalist.

So, "grade A, number-one-nut" is an accurate description for such a Darby Follower.

john w

Hall of Fame

So, "grade A, number-one-nut" is an accurate description for such a Darby Follower.

That is your best volley, you unemployed perverter?

That's it, you spammer, child of the devil?

Get a job, infidel, and Hanegraaf follower/plagiarizer.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

The most compelling detail that thwarts you satanic spam of preterism is that we still have tears, pain and suffering, explain that -

Danoh

Lol - get your mud slinging right; O'Hair was Acts 13, not 9.

Then again, you'd make a very poor Mid-Acts Dispensationist. One ever stuck at "babe in Christ" 1 Cor. 3:1,2.

You've yet to show that astuteness that allows some to excel within any school of thought; including Pretersim.

Its funny. John W insults you left and right. In reality, the content of your posts are your own self-insult.

I mean, I hate to appear to be demeaning toward you; its just what your every post continually plays out to be - a kind of "look at me; I'm not only clueless, but clueless that I am..."

I pity you in this. I really do. Seriously, doctrine is far from being any where near your suit, let alone, your strong suit.

I hate to say this, but perhaps this is the "loser's limp" that John W has somehow also picked up on. The man is almost as sharp as I am :rotfl:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The most compelling detail that thwarts you satanic spam of preterism is that we still have tears, pain and suffering, explain that -

Not in the kingdom you don't.

Where is the Apostle Paul right now?

Are there tears, pain, and suffering where he is at right now?

Jamie Gigliotti

1 Peter 2 KJV

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19:6 KJV

" But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves" Is. 61:6 KJV

"And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Is. 66:21 KJV

" Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS(emphasis mine) scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,..." 1 Peter 1:1 KJV
(Strangers are Jews- Genesis 23:4 KJV, Lev. 25:23 KJV,Psalms 39:12 KJV, Hebrews 11:13 KJV, 1 Peter 2:11 KJV)
________________________________________________________________________________

"YE(emphasis mine, referring to " to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia" of 1:1) also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5 KJV

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.......(see Deut. 7:6 KJV"holy people", Deut. 14:2 KJV"holy people...peculiar people...above all the nations that are upon the earth", Deut. 26:18-19 KJV"peculiar people...above all nations...holy people") 1 Peter 2:9 KJV

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father..." Rev. 1:6 KJV

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON EARTH(emphasis mine-Revelation 1:1 KJV addressed to "his servants", a clear reference to Jews, the "children of Israel are servants" per Lev. 25:55 KJV, Hebrews 3:5 KJV-the body of Christ is never said to "reign on earth"-we are to reign in the heavenly places)

"... but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev. 20:6 KJV

Nowhere in Paul's epistles are members of the body of Christ referred to as "priests", "kings", or "a holy nation". The body of Christ is not a mediatorial body. In this "dispensation of the grace of God"(Eph. 3:2 KJV), there is "...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...."(1 Tim. 2:5 KJV), and his priesthood is in heaven, not on earth(Hebrews 8:4-5 KJV), and not after the law(Hebrews 7:14-28 KJV), but of the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 5-7 KJV), not Levi. There WAS(past tense-in the future, the priesthood of Ex. 19:5-6 KJV will be fulfilled ) only one earthly priesthood divinely appointed-the priesthood after the order of Levi "according to the law"(Hebrews 7:5 KJV, Hebrews 8:4 KJV) in "time past"(Gal. 1:13 KJV, Heb. 1:1 KJV).

One of the functions of the priesthood was access to God the Father. We now have access through the Lord Jesus Christ(Romans 5:1-2 KJV; Eph. 2:13-18 KJV; Ephesians 3:10-12 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are "ambassadors"(2 Cor. 5:20 KJV),"ministers"(1 Cor. 3:5 KJV, 1 Cor. 4:1 KJV; 2 Cor. 6:4 KJV, 2 Cor. 11:23 KJV; 1 Tim. 4:6 KJV), "stewards of the mysteries of God"(1 Cor. 4:1 KJV), "soldiers"(Philippians 2:25 KJV, 2 Tim. 2:3-4 KJV), but are never identified as "priests", "kings", nor will we "reign on earth"(Eph. 1:3 KJV, Eph. 1:20 KJV; Eph. 2:6 KJV; Philippians 3:20 KJV; Col. 1:12-13 KJV; 1 Thes. 2:12 KJV; 2 Cor. 5:20 KJV).

And nowhere is the Body of Christ referred to as a "holy nation", or "a chosen generation". The term "holy nation" in scripture is reserved for Israel alone-she alone was chosen and "set apart"(the meaning of "holy") by the LORD God for His use from other nations:Ex. 11:7 KJV, Ex. 19:5-6 KJV; Ex. 33:16 KJV; Lev. 20:24 KJV; Numbers 23:9 KJV;Deut. 7:6 KJV, Deut. 14:32 KJV, Deut. 26:19 KJV;2 Sam. 7:23 KJV;1 Kings 8:53 KJV;Psalms 106:4-5 KJV, Psalms 135:4 KJV. And there is only one "chosen generation"('race' in context)-Israel: Is. 43:20-21 KJV, Is. 44:1-2 KJV;Psalms 106:5 KJV.

I know, I know.....You misguided "Bible chopper...cherry picker," MAD wacko John W, as all of the bible is specifically about you, and is directed towards you, and is for your obedience.....We will pray for you........

Cricket...cricket...cricket....

"And they sang a new song, saying,
"Worthy are you to take the scroll
and open its seals,
for you were slain, and by your
blood you ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language
and people and nation,
and you have made them a
Kingdom and priests to our God,
and they shall reign on the Earth."" Revelation 5:9-10

john w

Hall of Fame
Not in the kingdom you don't.

Where is the Apostle Paul right now?

Are there tears, pain, and suffering where he is at right now?

You assert, on record, Tellalie, that at one time, there were tears, was pain, suffering, in the third heaven, where Paul is right now, and that, where he is right now, in the third heaven, there is law/judgment, rain, plagues, heathen, nations.

You have to, to make your "inventions" "of men," "work." Wicked Hanegraaf/Russell follower/plagiarizer.

musterion

No, hence the kingdom is not on planet earth

Seventh Day Adventists:

Joseph Bates, James White and in particular Ellen Harmon White, chose to believe there was nothing wrong with Miller’s date calculations and started to teach that Christ had indeed returned in 1844.

This return was not to Earth but [invisibly] to His heavenly Sanctuary. (fulfilling Daniel chapter 8 verse 14), and thus started a day of preparation. The actual Second Coming, the Parousia, was imminent. (Smylie 1988)

The merit of such an argument was that it provided a flimsy scriptural dodge, an excuse, which gave them temporary plausible deniability until they could repair the damage to their chronology.
Watchtower:

Jehovah’s Witnesses have put a strange spin on the subject of the second coming of Jesus Christ. This was due to the failure of a prophecy by them that He was to return visibly in 1914 (updated once from 1874!). When Jesus did not show up on their date, they were forced to explain away the failure. They did this by seizing on a secondary meaning of one Greek word used in conjunction with Christ’s coming again. That word was parousia meaning “a being present, presence,” “a coming,” “an arrival.”

Aha! They had an “out”! They would teach that Jesus did “come” and was “present” on their date, 1914, but since He did this in heaven, those on earth could not see it! His coming was conveniently invisible! All Jehovah’s Witnesses must believe this today. . .
What Russell found particularly appealing in all this Adventist mumbo-jumbo was the new tool Ben Keith had invented which provided the necessary magic for saving a failed prophecy: SPIRITUALIZING a material event!

By making Christ's 2nd coming a 2nd Presence, and the 2nd Presence a spiritual event (i.e. INVISIBLE), Russell had unlimited possibilities for developing new themes and predictions which could not be nullified by anything as mundane as disproof through a non-happening.
Preterism:

An invisible Jesus returned in 70 and now reigns invisibly over an invisible Kingdom full of rape, tears and cancer.

The only real difference between these three cults is WHEN their respective Jesuses invisibly returned.

john w

Hall of Fame
Seventh Day Adventists:

Watchtower:

Preterism:

An invisible Jesus returned in 70 and now reigns invisibly over an invisible Kingdom full of rape, tears and cancer.

The only real difference between these three cults is WHEN their respective Jesuses invisibly returned.

Well done, musty, as this Preterist Punk, as part of his "argument" against dispensationalism, employs his "Darby....late 1800's during the age of cults...Watch Tower......" jazz.

musterion

Well done, musty, as this Preterist Punk, as part of his "argument" against dispensationalism, employs his "Darby....late 1800's during the age of cults...Watch Tower......" jazz.

If we're Darbyites, he's just a relabeled Russelite or E.G. White-ite. Same basic eschatology.

Let's start calling him Taze-elestai.

john w

Hall of Fame
Come on, tellalie Craigie-unpack this for us.

"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

vs.

“And that is what happened. The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him. However, He never touched planet earth, and when this event was over, He then sat on the throne in Heaven NOT on planet earth.”-Tet.

"Everyone" that saw Him, according to Craigie, was Josephus, and Wikipedia. Wait....According to Craigie the Clown, he did not return physically, but all of Jerusalem saw him.. And, according to Craigie the Clown, signs are invisible...

Wait...

Vs.

"Tet is a preterist that believes Christ already returned in 70 AD viathe Roman Army."-Tambora, on another TOL thread

"Correct, and thanks for making it clear that it was the Roman army that was His return."-stupid Craigie

"The Roman army destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD. That is what Jesus meant when He said He will return."-Gomer Tet.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Craigie the Clown: The Roman army was looking for him-that is the "them" above. My infallible AD 70/Preterist "teachers" taught me,like Hank Hanegraaf, from whom I copy'npaste/spam.

Shazam, Gomer!

Preterist Gomer Tet...from the army of the ignorant.

I know, I know....Darby...Bullinger....You follow the teachings/inventions/theories of fallible men, unlike me, as I, Craigie, follow the teachings of infallible men, or women, or the pope....vision of a teenage girl.....Darby.....Bullinger.....figurative.....hy perbole...fulfilled AD 65, or 66, 0r 70, 0r 666......No one taught dispensationalism, until Darby, and no one taught that the earth was round, until, and no one taught of the concept of "God the Father," until this "Jesus" I reference, in disrespect, flipping the bird at him, came around, and the idea that he will be King on the planet earth, ..........and Pluto was a planet, at one time, as when you discover objective truth, determines if it is, in fact, objective truth, you see, well, uh, urr, and thus, the Lord Jesus Christ was not really the Lord God, until I, Gomer Tet., discovered it, you see.....Dispensationalism "invented during the age of cults.....Darby....You are in denial....

Snip....snap...snort....

He won't touch this-I've asked him for 2 years, and we've not heard one peep, from our hero.

Clown.

Last edited:

Jamie Gigliotti

Deuteronomy. Leviticus. Obey it, since, according to you, all scripture is specifically about you, and is written to you, for your obedience/fate.

So there.

So you deny this?
"All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16

musterion

"Jesus never physically returned"
The Lord came in a way that everyone could see Him."
How he manages to balance those two contradictory beliefs in his own mind, I can't even begin to guess. Well, Tazeoids have never been known for consistency.

Watch, he'll (a) ignore this, (b) reply with a distracting question or (c) say something about Darby. But he won't even try to explain how both can be true.

john w

Hall of Fame
So you deny this?
"All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16

I deny that all scripture is about everyone, specifically, and is written for everyone's obedience, and deny your satanic interpretation of 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV, that it is.

So, you deny Leviticus, Deuteronomy? Obey it.

See how that works, engager in sophistry?

Fraud.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seventh Day Adventists:

Watchtower:

You're getting more desperate every day mysteryboy.

Ellen White and Charles Taze Russell were contemporaries of John Nelson Darby.

Preterism

Existed hundreds and hundreds of years before White, Russell, Darby, Smith, and Eddy.

There was nothing invisible about it.

Over a million Jews were killed, and not one stone was left standing upon another. Jerusalem was laid to waste.

Again, your Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults", and there was nothing invisible with what happened in 70AD.