ECT 1 Peter 2:9 KJV-not written to respective members of the body of Christ

john w

Hall of Fame
You have no scripture proof, you just make up statements from your own mind.

N,bedeviled one, your devlish rep on TOL is just spamming, copy'npasting the same word for word assertions that your papa satan prepared for you, and deleting, adding to, or corrupting the verses that are given you, as your father did in Genesis, and in the wilderness, against the Saviour, whom you and your father despise.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who taught all the Act believers to observe/attend Pentecost,according to the law, you filthy serpent? Who taught Peter, and John to go to the Temple, according to the law, you slug? Who taught Peter to observe the hour of prayer, and the dietary restrictions, and separation, according to the law, you punk?

"Nowhere in the NT can you provide a verse where Peter, Paul, or anyone else is teaching the law of Moses after the DBR"-PP Tellalie

Made up. You were given the verses, but your papa devil just tells you to assert that satanic lie.

You habitual liar, as I have your own words, you filthy little devil, where you admit that the law part of the Old Covenant, as was Pentecost, and that so was going to the temple, all post cross:

"But, remember, the Law of Moses was still in place after the cross...God didn't flick a lightswitch that in a split second switched the entire planet from OC to NC.Hebrews tells us that the OC was "waxing" and would soon be obsolete..... We know that the OC was completely gone in 70AD...Of course the law of Moses was part of the Old Covenant.... The unbelieving Jews had their temple and city destroyed for good in 70AD. That marked the end of the old covenant, the law and prophets, etc."-Preterist Plagiarizer Craigie

You filthy, habitual liar, PP.

No Christian talks like John W.

and any board which allows him to do so without banning him for it, is not a Christian board.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
No Christian talks like John W.

and any board which allows him to do so without banning him for it, is not a Christian board.

Funny-you, a Christ rejector. making a judgment, as to how a Christian should speak?

No, toots,I talk to wolves/wolf-ette's, ,such as yourself, and Tellalie, how John the B., the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul, Peter, talked to them:"Brood of vipers....vipers....serpents....whited wall...ravenous wolves...dogs....perverters..."

john w

Hall of Fame
Great post again. I had a few Natty Lights and it's awesome

Peter followed the dietary restrictions, according to the law, he went to the temple, according to the law, he observed the "appointed times," including Pentecost, as did thousands of the Acts believers("zealous for the law"), according to the law, despite Tellalie's satanic spin/denial to the contrary, per direct orders, from the risen, glorified, Lord Jesus Christ, during his "40 day boot camp."

Tellalie the fraud will not answer:

Who taught the law, in the OT, to the children of Israel?
-Who taught the law, in Matthew-John, which was OC, prior to the dbr?
-Who taught the "early Acts" believers, to adhere to the law, including the feasts, "the appointed feasts," such as Pentecost?
-Who taught the OC/"Old Testament,"from the cross, until AD 70, since you say that the OC did not end until AD 70-"transition period...God did not flip a lightswitch"?
-Who taught the law to Paul, the Galatians.............per?:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Josephus? Wikipedia?
-The Lord Jesus Christ spoke only the words of God the Father(as all prophets did-God's spokesman)-he taught the Savior, what to say. Go on record, and assert that God the Father did not teach him to teach the law.
-Tell us why the Lord Jesus Christ kept the law, a law, that He never taught. Go ahead.

"The law brought me, and brings others to Christ..."-Craigie

Who taught you the law, satanist?

I thought it was "nailed to the cross?"

Does the law serve to bring others to Christ today?

-Who taught the law to Paul, the Galatians.............per?:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Who taught Peter, the law, to bring him to Christ?

"God didn't flick a lightswitch that in a split second switched the entire planet from OC to NC.Hebrews tells us that the OC was "waxing" and would soon be obsolete. We know that the OC was completely gone in 70AD."-Tet.

"But, remember, the Law of Moses was still in place."-Tettie

Whose directive was to keep the OC, still in place, which included the law, post dbr?

Why do you lie, when you asserted that the law was "nailed to the cross...abolished at the cross," when you assert that it lasted until 70 AD?

Rhetorical-children of the devil, are taught to lie habitually, like you.

Who taught the Acts believers, the law, to bring them to Christ?

Who taught the thousands, to observe Pentecost, in Acts?

Again, who taught you, if you are saved, the law, to bring you to Christ?

Who taught Paul, to go into the synagogues, reserved only for Torah/law keeping, followers?

Who taught Peter, John, to go to the temple,reserved only for Torah/law keeping, followers?

Who taught those that were "zealous of the law," in Acts?

Acts 22:12 KJV

And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Who sent this "devout man according to the law," to Saul/Paul?

Acts 21:20 KJV

And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

Who taught these thousands of Jews, which believed, to be zealous of the law?

Wikipedia? Flavey Joe?

WHO EVER TAUGHT THE LAW IN THE BIBLE, you satanic punk Craigie?

Name one teacher, who ever taught, that the law was not observed by Peter, John, the other 10, the masses, in early Acts? Names, please. Specifics.

Tellalie:

Not a peep-PPP=Preterist Peverting Punk

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Psa 109:15 Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
Psa 109:16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
Psa 109:17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
Psa 109:18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
Psa 109:19 Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.
Psa 109:20 Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

Psa 58:1 To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David. Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
Psa 58:2 Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
Psa 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
Psa 58:4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
Psa 58:5 Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
Psa 58:6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
Psa 58:7 Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
Psa 58:8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
Psa 58:9 Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.
Psa 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
Psa 58:11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Psa 50:16 But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?
Psa 50:17 Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.
Psa 50:18 When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.
Psa 50:19 Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.
Psa 50:20 Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
Psa 50:21 These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
Psa 50:22 Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.
Psa 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

musterion

Paul described himself as a priest.

Romans 15:16 ...to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.…

Catholic mistranslation.

musterion

So come on, priests. Where is the instruction manual on How To Be a Priest During the Dispensation of Grace? Can I get a PDF?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So come on, priests. Where is the instruction manual on How To Be a Priest During the Dispensation of Grace? Can I get a PDF?

Until you learn that "the Dispensation of Grace" is not a time period that you currently live in, you really aren't going to be able to understand much of anything else.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Rev 1:6 KJV) And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

As we see above "hath made" is past tense.

Yet, Darby Followers will claim there are no kings and priests unto God the Father.

beloved57

The Church of Christ, men and women from all ethnic groups redeemed by His Blood fulfill Ex 19:5-7

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

The Church through Christ has obeyed Gods Voice and Covenant and have become a peculiar treasure and kingdom of priests Rev 5:9-10

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests:
and we shall reign on the earth.

The word kings here is the greek word basileia and is also translated kingdom, so some translations read:

You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."NIV

You have made them to be a kingdom [of royal subjects] and priests to our God; and they will reign on the earth.”

You made them to be a kingdom of priests for our God. And they will rule on the earth.”ICB

And you have caused them to become a Kingdom of priests for our God. And they will reign on the earth.”NLT

Thats because Christ was made a Covenant for them and He obeyed it for them Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

So the People through Christ's Covenant Obedience have fulfilled Ex 19:5-6

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

And Christ the one who obeyed for His People is the Head of His Body the Church !

musterion

The Church of Christ, men and women from all ethnic groups redeemed by His Blood fulfill Ex 19:5-7

The Church through Christ has obeyed Gods Voice and Covenant and have become a peculiar treasure and kingdom of priests Rev 5:9-10

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests:
and we shall reign on the earth.

The word kings here is the greek word basileia and is also translated kingdom, so some translations read:

You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."NIV

You have made them to be a kingdom [of royal subjects] and priests to our God; and they will reign on the earth.”

You made them to be a kingdom of priests for our God. And they will rule on the earth.”ICB

And you have caused them to become a Kingdom of priests for our God. And they will reign on the earth.”NLT

Thats because Christ was made a Covenant for them and He obeyed it for them Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

So the People through Christ's Covenant Obedience have fulfilled Ex 19:5-6

And Christ the one who obeyed for His People is the Head of His Body the Church !

You quoted the Law.

Members of Christ are dead to the Law but alive to God in Him.

Try again. Show from the NT the instructions on How To Be a Priest During the Dispensation of Grace.

beloved57

You quoted the Law.

Try again. Show from the NT the instructions on How To Be a Priest During the Dispensation of Grace.
Did you understand the points I made in the post you quoted ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The bodies of believers in Christ are temples of the Holy Spirit.

(1 Cor 6:19) Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Do temples have priests?

Interplanner

You quoted the Law.

Because you can pray directly to the Father, learn directly, and can help one believer love another by reinforcing the forgiveness of each other's sins in Christ.

turbosixx

BINGO!

That's what makes us priests in the Royal Priesthood.

All believers in Christ Jesus are priests, and Christ Jesus is the High Priest.

Also, the priest offered sacrifices for the people. Today we offer them for ourselves.

Rom. 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1 Peter 2 KJV

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19:6 KJV

" But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves" Is. 61:6 KJV

"And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Is. 66:21 KJV

" Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS(emphasis mine) scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,..." 1 Peter 1:1 KJV
(Strangers are Jews- Genesis 23:4 KJV, Lev. 25:23 KJV,Psalms 39:12 KJV, Hebrews 11:13 KJV, 1 Peter 2:11 KJV)
________________________________________________________________________________

"YE(emphasis mine, referring to " to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia" of 1:1) also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5 KJV

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.......(see Deut. 7:6 KJV"holy people", Deut. 14:2 KJV"holy people...peculiar people...above all the nations that are upon the earth", Deut. 26:18-19 KJV"peculiar people...above all nations...holy people") 1 Peter 2:9 KJV

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father..." Rev. 1:6 KJV

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON EARTH(emphasis mine-Revelation 1:1 KJV addressed to "his servants", a clear reference to Jews, the "children of Israel are servants" per Lev. 25:55 KJV, Hebrews 3:5 KJV-the body of Christ is never said to "reign on earth"-we are to reign in the heavenly places)

"... but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev. 20:6 KJV

Nowhere in Paul's epistles are members of the body of Christ referred to as "priests", "kings", or "a holy nation". The body of Christ is not a mediatorial body. In this "dispensation of the grace of God"(Eph. 3:2 KJV), there is "...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...."(1 Tim. 2:5 KJV), and his priesthood is in heaven, not on earth(Hebrews 8:4-5 KJV), and not after the law(Hebrews 7:14-28 KJV), but of the order of Melchisedec (Hebrews 5-7 KJV), not Levi. There WAS(past tense-in the future, the priesthood of Ex. 19:5-6 KJV will be fulfilled ) only one earthly priesthood divinely appointed-the priesthood after the order of Levi "according to the law"(Hebrews 7:5 KJV, Hebrews 8:4 KJV) in "time past"(Gal. 1:13 KJV, Heb. 1:1 KJV).

One of the functions of the priesthood was access to God the Father. We now have access through the Lord Jesus Christ(Romans 5:1-2 KJV; Eph. 2:13-18 KJV; Ephesians 3:10-12 KJV). Members of the Body of Christ are "ambassadors"(2 Cor. 5:20 KJV),"ministers"(1 Cor. 3:5 KJV, 1 Cor. 4:1 KJV; 2 Cor. 6:4 KJV, 2 Cor. 11:23 KJV; 1 Tim. 4:6 KJV), "stewards of the mysteries of God"(1 Cor. 4:1 KJV), "soldiers"(Philippians 2:25 KJV, 2 Tim. 2:3-4 KJV), but are never identified as "priests", "kings", nor will we "reign on earth"(Eph. 1:3 KJV, Eph. 1:20 KJV; Eph. 2:6 KJV; Philippians 3:20 KJV; Col. 1:12-13 KJV; 1 Thes. 2:12 KJV; 2 Cor. 5:20 KJV).

And nowhere is the Body of Christ referred to as a "holy nation", or "a chosen generation". The term "holy nation" in scripture is reserved for Israel alone-she alone was chosen and "set apart"(the meaning of "holy") by the LORD God for His use from other nations:Ex. 11:7 KJV, Ex. 19:5-6 KJV; Ex. 33:16 KJV; Lev. 20:24 KJV; Numbers 23:9 KJV;Deut. 7:6 KJV, Deut. 14:32 KJV, Deut. 26:19 KJV;2 Sam. 7:23 KJV;1 Kings 8:53 KJV;Psalms 106:4-5 KJV, Psalms 135:4 KJV. And there is only one "chosen generation"('race' in context)-Israel: Is. 43:20-21 KJV, Is. 44:1-2 KJV;Psalms 106:5 KJV.

I know, I know.....You misguided "Bible chopper...cherry picker," MAD wacko John W, as all of the bible is specifically about you, and is directed towards you, and is for your obedience.....We will pray for you........

Cricket...cricket...cricket....

You are "correctamundo" It was written to the House of Israel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
BINGO!

That's what makes us priests in the Royal Priesthood.

All believers in Christ Jesus are priests, and Christ Jesus is the High Priest.

You have a BIG problem though. Peter was writing to the House of
Israel, not the gentiles/Body of Christ. JW is correct. He wins a cigar
of his choice. The Calvinists won't like the bolded word.