‘My son is not the same’: New testimony paints bleak picture of family separation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You went from "i never lived through the hyper-inflation and social collapse of the 20's and 30's in germany" to Nazis and the holocaust.

sorry, i thought "what they did after" was obvious

let me try again

your claim was: "Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them"

i never lived through the hyper-inflation and social collapse of the 20's and 30's in germany, the rise of fascism and militarism and all the events leading up to the Holocaust and the Holocaust itself

logically, therefore, I'm in no place to judge the Germans for the Holocaust

does that make sense to you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
sorry, i thought "what they did after" was obvious

No, it wasn't obvious. You could have been talking about trying to understand why the Jewish people found it difficult to fight back against increasingly antisemitic laws and regulations, what was the mindset the average German and how much and how many understood what was happening, and that's just for starters and the sake of brevity.

let me try again

your claim was: "Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them"

i never lived through the hyper-inflation and social collapse of the 20's and 30's in germany, the rise of fascism and militarism and all the events leading up to the Holocaust and the Holocaust itself

logically, therefore, I'm in no place to judge the Germans for the Holocaust

does that make sense to you?

Your first made sense in that context, then you added another layer.

So are you talking about those responsible for genocide only? Or Germans who went along out of self-preservation or any myriad of reasons, or broke the law to shelter Jews, etc.?

And if you're aiming for a false equivalence by comparing the SS to immigrants and their children seeking sanctuary, tell me now.

ok doser

in examining the validity of anna's claim: "Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them"

No, it wasn't obvious. You could have been talking about trying to understand why the Jewish people found it difficult to fight back against increasingly antisemitic laws and regulations, what was the mindset the average German and how much and how many understood what was happening, and that's just for starters and the sake of brevity.

doesn't really matter, does it?

in the context of your statement, since I never lived through any of that, I'm not in a place to judge any of them

Your first made sense in that context, then you added another layer.

So are you talking about those responsible for genocide only? Or Germans who went along out of self-preservation or any myriad of reasons, or broke the law to shelter Jews, etc.?

supra dupra

and no, i'm not making a false equivalency, merely trying to examine the validity of your statement "Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them"

seems to me that i would not be "in a place to judge" anybody or anything, only myself and the experiences I've had

clearly this is not a position that you hold for yourself

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Last week, Democratic attorneys general in 17 states and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration, arguing that its practice of separating families violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fifth Amendment...........

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,220,300 adults were incarcerated in US federal and state prisons, and county jails in 2013 – about 0.91% of adults (1 in 110) in the U.S. resident population.

All of them are separated from their families, children, parents, siblings.

According to your brain-dead half-witted sacks-of-garbage Democratic attorneys general in 17 states, they all have had their due process and equal protection clauses of the Fifth Amendment violated.

Where were you for them?

The baby-killer who is pro-life is also the family-unifier as long as the families are illegal aliens.

You're a putrid excuse for a human being.

Arthur Brain

According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), 2,220,300 adults were incarcerated in US federal and state prisons, and county jails in 2013 – about 0.91% of adults (1 in 110) in the U.S. resident population.

According to your brain-dead half-witted sacks-of-garbage Democratic attorneys general in 17 states, they all have had their due process and equal protection clauses of the Fifth Amendment violated.

Where were you for them?

The baby-killer who is pro-life is also the family-unifier as long as the families are illegal aliens.

She's far from it and you're just a dope who would fawn over Trump if he started a Pre-emptive strike...

Arthur Brain

She is EXACTLY it and so are you, flying in with your cape and mask. LOL. Lame.

"LOL"? What are you, a twelve year old girl? anna doesn't need me to come to her aid with anything but she has more intelligence, objectivity and compassion that you could only dream of matching. You're a highly strung, gullible little crank with one huge chip on his shoulder.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Where were you for them?

:yawn:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"LOL"? What are you, a twelve year old girl? anna doesn't need me to come to her aid with anything but she has more intelligence, objectivity and compassion that you could only dream of matching. You're a highly strung, gullible little crank with one huge chip on his shoulder.

Thanks, friend. That's praise I can't live up to, but I'm hoping it means you forgive me for Spy? :chuckle:

Anyhoo, I think the crusader is jealous of your mask and cape. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
in examining the validity of anna's claim: "Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them"

doesn't really matter, does it?

Actually, yes it does. Context is important.

in the context of your statement, since I never lived through any of that, I'm not in a place to judge any of them

True.

and no, i'm not making a false equivalency

You are.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm working on it...

:plain:

Thank you Arthur. I'm working on being suitably chastened. :angel:

qxbk1.jpg

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
For my part, I am all for letting the children be incarcerated with their parents. They should all go to jail together for breaking the law. None of this being nice to the children stuff.

The Trump administration is just too soft hearted!

:shocked:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
For my part, I am all for letting the children be incarcerated with their parents. They should all go to jail together for breaking the law. None of this being nice to the children stuff.

The Trump administration is just too soft hearted!

:shocked:

If these were American parents, child services would be taking their kids away in a heartbeat for dragging their kids into a federal crime.

The person who started this thread is a total imbecile. Who was that, anyway

ok doser

Actually, yes it does. Context is important.

True.

in what way is your statement:"Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them" limited by context?

wiki:
False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which two completely opposing arguments appear to be logically equivalent when in fact they are not.

i made no claim that illegal border crossings were the equivalent of the holocaust

Status
Not open for further replies.