‘My son is not the same’: New testimony paints bleak picture of family separation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
in the future, perhaps they should implant tracking chips with ID in every illegal, of any age, who crosses the border

Way more efficient than this:

holocaust%2Bpic.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
From Shaun King this morning:

BREAKING: government to announce on Thursday that they have deported over 100 parents of separated children who've been shipped off to 17 different states.And that they have no plan or idea on how to find or unify them.

Companies are getting filthy rich off of these kidnapped children that have been forcibly taken from their families by the American government. It's one of the most obscene expressions of vulgar capitalism that I have ever seen in my entire life.

1-Year-Old Baby Appears In Immigration Court, Cries Hysterically
The judge said he was “embarrassed” to ask if the boy understood the proceedings.

A 1-year-old boy in federal custody who appeared in immigration court without his parents in Phoenix briefly played with a ball, drank from a bottle, then “cried hysterically” as he was about to leave the courtroom Friday, according to The Associated Press.

But he was eventually granted a voluntary departure order so the government can fly him to Honduras, where his father has already been sent.

The little boy, identified in court only as Johan, was one of the children who appeared in the Arizona court Friday without parents. One boy held up five fingers when the judge asked him his age.

Judge John Richardson said he was “embarrassed to ask” if Johan understood the proceedings, AP reported. “I don’t know who you would explain it to, unless you think that a 1-year-old could learn immigration law,” he told Johan’s attorney.

Immigration advocates have complained about children going to court, calling it stressful and frightening. People in immigration proceedings, even children, are not guaranteed an attorney, although most unaccompanied minors do appear with representation.There are no physical accommodations for children, many of whom can’t even see over defense tables without booster seats.

“There are no booster seats ... no teddy bears. It’s a cold immigration court, and these kids are sitting in chairs that are too big for them; their feet don’t even touch the floor,” immigration attorney Lindsay Toczylowski told CNN last month.

Arthur Brain

From Shaun King this morning:

BREAKING: government to announce on Thursday that they have deported over 100 parents of separated children who've been shipped off to 17 different states.And that they have no plan or idea on how to find or unify them.

Companies are getting filthy rich off of these kidnapped children that have been forcibly taken from their families by the American government. It's one of the most obscene expressions of vulgar capitalism that I have ever seen in my entire life.

1-Year-Old Baby Appears In Immigration Court, Cries Hysterically
The judge said he was “embarrassed” to ask if the boy understood the proceedings.

A 1-year-old boy in federal custody who appeared in immigration court without his parents in Phoenix briefly played with a ball, drank from a bottle, then “cried hysterically” as he was about to leave the courtroom Friday, according to The Associated Press.

But he was eventually granted a voluntary departure order so the government can fly him to Honduras, where his father has already been sent.

The little boy, identified in court only as Johan, was one of the children who appeared in the Arizona court Friday without parents. One boy held up five fingers when the judge asked him his age.

Judge John Richardson said he was “embarrassed to ask” if Johan understood the proceedings, AP reported. “I don’t know who you would explain it to, unless you think that a 1-year-old could learn immigration law,” he told Johan’s attorney.

Immigration advocates have complained about children going to court, calling it stressful and frightening. People in immigration proceedings, even children, are not guaranteed an attorney, although most unaccompanied minors do appear with representation.There are no physical accommodations for children, many of whom can’t even see over defense tables without booster seats.

“There are no booster seats ... no teddy bears. It’s a cold immigration court, and these kids are sitting in chairs that are too big for them; their feet don’t even touch the floor,” immigration attorney Lindsay Toczylowski told CNN last month.

Pathetic, truly pathetic...

:nono:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
wouldn't the kids be better off with middle class foster parents?

(emotional response)

If you are, you got your response.

(more emotional response)

sorry emo, not interested in your "feelings"

you and others here posture about caring for the children of these abusive parents

try answering the question

yes or no, wouldn't the kids be better off with middle class foster parents?

Last edited:

ok doser

i disagree - I think these children would be better of with middle class foster parents than with their abusive parents

Now you answer the question. Are you trolling or are you sick inside?

neither, i don't let my emotional responses rule my reason

in large part, this is because I don't watch television or television news, which I recognized long ago was manipulative and exploitative

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i disagree - I think these children would be better of with middle class foster parents than with their abusive parents

Their parents aren't abusive. I'll give you an example. One mother fled because the father of her child was murdered and the thugs told her that her daughter was next.

What would you do? I know what I'd do.

neither, i don't let my emotional responses rule my reason

This has nothing to do with emotion. Straight inductive reasoning. Either you're trolling or you're sick inside - or both.

ok doser

Their parents aren't abusive.

if i subjected my children to the trials and tribulations these parents subjected their children to, NYS child protective services would have intervened

here:
More people have died crossing the border from Mexico to the US in the first seven months of 2017 compared to the year before, even though significantly fewer people seem to be attempting the journey, according to the United Nation’s migration agency.

The number of migrant deaths tallied at the border jumped 17% from 204 in the first seven months of 2016 to 232 migrant fatalities in 2017, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said.

Meanwhile, the US Border Patrol has reported that about half as many migrants were apprehended during border crossings in the first six months of 2016 compared to the first six months of 2017 – down from 267,746 people to 140,024 people.

Adam Isacson, senior associate for defense oversight at the Washington Office on Latin America, said the increase was shocking because of the drop in apprehensions, which indicate fewer people migrating overall. “The ratio to people dying to people trying has to be way higher than 17%,” Isacson told the Guardian.

The report does not identify what could be causing the change, but historically, stricter immigration policies in the US have driven people to take more dangerous routes. This is partially because these policies don’t mitigate the factors that drive people to leave, such as the threat of gang violence, crime and lack of economic opportunity.

July saw the highest number of deaths of any month this year, with 50 bodies discovered, including those of the 10 people who died while being smuggled across the border in a sweltering 18-wheel truck. Days later, at least four people, including two children, died trying to cross the Rio Grande.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/05/migrants-us-mexico-border-deaths-figures

this was just at the border - there doesn't seem to be any data for the deaths across mexico

and i don't find any recent data that separates out deaths of children, but what number would be acceptable for you?

annabananahead said:
This has nothing to do with emotion.

this is all about emotion anna

it's just that you're being played by a media that only gives you one side, the anti-trump side

what about that trail of dead children all across mexico? you don't give a crap about them because you don't see them on TV

why?

because the media can't blame their deaths on trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
this is all about emotion anna

No. You're shifting the goalposts. We were talking about you when you brought up the emo schtick.

For the children though? Yes, it's emotional. As a mother I can't imagine between choosing which was the safest danger to endure for the sake of my children.

Until you've lived through what they've lived through, you're in no place to judge them, you sitting there safely behind your keyboard.

it's just that you're being played by a media that only gives you one side, the anti-trump side

Oh, please. Do you think I don't read what they say at places like Breitbart, PJ media, etc.? I see the disgusting pro-Trump side.

what about that trail of dead children all across mexico? you don't give a crap about them because you don't see them on TV

1. I don't get my news from TV.
2. You just said there's no data from Mexico, so that's you emoting there.
3. It may be that they're safer in Mexico than they are in Guatemala or El Salvador.

Status
Not open for further replies.