שְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יהוה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יה&

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk."
There are three interpretations of that phrase:

1. The rabbinical interpretation is, "do not cook meat and dairy in the same meal." This is extremely far from the real meaning of the phrase, so cannot really be called an interpretation. This interpretation has become the sign of being Jewish and is accepted without question by many Jews as proof that they are practicing Judaism.

2. The literal interpretation is, "do not milk a goat and then cook the same goat's kid in that goat's milk." This is not a practical interpretation, since it implies a method of cooking that is not usually practiced. The most common way to cook a kid is to roast it. Some people assume it is speaking about an ancient religious practice.

3. The best interpretation is, "do not cook a goat's kid that is so young that it is still nursing." This takes into account both the time of year mentioned in the two verses from Exodus as well as giving a broad meaning to the word בָּשַׁל bashal, which means "to boil, cook, bake, roast."

Cheesburgers are made from mature beef, not from baby goats.
Shalom.

I do not know about the validity of what you are saying. I do not eat meat and dairy in the same meal.

Shalom.

Jacob

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Shalom.

Yes, I am.

Shalom.

Jacob
Jacob, belief in Jesus as your savior and Orthodox Judaism are mutually exclusive belief systems. Orthodox Jews are still waiting for the birth of their Messiah. You have accepted Christ as the Messiah. See the problem?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, belief in Jesus as your savior and Orthodox Judaism are mutually exclusive belief systems. Orthodox Jews are still waiting for the birth of their Messiah. You have accepted Christ as the Messiah. See the problem?
Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your assertion is meaningless. IF I am incorrect, prove it. Show us where Orthodox Judaism is compatible with faith in Christ.
Shalom.

It does not need to be proven. Yeshua is the Messiah. We are to obey God's Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shalom.

It does not need to be proven. Yeshua is the Messiah. We are to obey God's Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob
Wow. Just wow. How can follow God's commandments when you have no idea what they are as is evidenced by your post?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Wow. Just wow. How can follow God's commandments when you have no idea what they are as is evidenced by your post?
Shalom.

I am a Jew. I am of Israel. We observe the 613 Commandments of Torah. Yeshua said that if you keep and teach the Commandments you will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shalom.

I am a Jew. I am of Israel. We observe the 613 Commandments of Torah. Yeshua said that if you keep and teach the Commandments you will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

You don't observe all of those laws. When was the last time you took your sacrifice to the alter?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, just pointing out that you do not follow God's commandments to Israel.

By the way, which of those 613 commandments is about accepting Jesus as your Messiah?
Shalom.

I do. I observe Torah. I am Sabbath observant. I am Orthodox, eating kosher and not mixing meat and dairy in the same meal. I wear tzit-tzit. Yeshua is my Messiah. What commandment are you thinking of?

Shalom.

Jacob

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shalom.

I do. I observe Torah. I am Sabbath observant. I am Orthodox, eating kosher and not mixing meat and dairy in the same meal. I wear tzit-tzit. Yeshua is my Messiah. What commandment are you thinking of?

Shalom.

Jacob

You all ready admitted that you don't follow the laws regarding sacrifices. Your excuse is that there is no temple. But that is just an excuse for not doing what God commands you to do.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You all ready admitted that you don't follow the laws regarding sacrifices. Your excuse is that there is no temple. But that is just an excuse for not doing what God commands you to do.
Shalom.

No. We are supposed to build a temple.

Shalom.

Jacob

genuineoriginal

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob
Do you have a thread of blue on your tzit-tzit?

glorydaz

Shalom.

I am Jewish. I observe the Torah. I am Sabbath observant and I am Orthodox, not mixing meat and dairy.

Yeshua is the Messiah.

I believe you said that you are a grandmother. My understanding is that you lied to me when you said that your name is Abraham.

Shalom.

Jacob

My understanding is that you lied to me about being a Jew, and that you observe the Torah.

I'm glad we agree about understanding each other.

Oh, you cannot ever be President either.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My understanding is that you lied to me about being a Jew, and that you observe the Torah.

I'm glad we agree about understanding each other.

Oh, you cannot ever be President either.
Shalom.

You are incorrect. I am a Jew. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach Torah. I can be a Rabbi, and I can be the President of the United States of America if I am elected. I do not know where you are getting your crazy ideas. I have already asked my Rabbi about this. Even being of Israel I can be a Rabbi and the President of the United States of America. I do not know what you feel that I have lied about. You have evaded my question of you regarding your apparent lie in the difference between what you are telling me and what you have said or stated elsewhere on this website.

Shalom.

Jacob