İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

journey

Prove it. That he said that he is God and I'll accept Christianity this very moment. Prove that He said "I am God. Worship me".

See my blogs. Jesus Christ IS God, One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. This is known as the Holy Trinity or the Godhead.

John 14:6-7 KJV Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

csuguy

But you just got done saying if someone could prove it you'd become a Christian. Jesus proved it and when his accusers had no answer they tried to kill him.

everready

As Repentance pointed out - in that passage Jesus says that we are "gods."

John 10:34-36 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?​

Note what he says here: "you all are called gods - so why do you say I blaspheme to say that I am God's Son?"

He is not only not claiming to be God - but is even taking a lesser title than what the scriptures say of us.

Jedidiah

No! Jesus could give eternal life just like any prophet could give guidance. Jesus said that the Scripture says that you all are gods. So in that way he could be called god. But not in any other way. My challenge still stands.
He said, "John 10:30."

He spoke spirit and life, and said as much Jn6:63 (Jn6:66). And He said, "John 10:30."

See John 1:1 for a helpful clarification of John 10:30 by the author.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No you may use the Bible.

The Prophets:

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:14

This verse teaches that

Messiah would be born of a girl who is still a virgin the explanation of Gen 3:15

Messiah will be the God Man

Messiah will be a king

Messiah will have to come before AD 70

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
13 Behold, my servant shall deal wisely, he shall be exalted and lifted up, and shall be very high. 14 Like as many were astonished at thee (his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men), 15 so shall he sprinkle many nations; kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they understand.
1 Who hath believed our message? and to whom hath the arm of Jehovah been revealed? 2 For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He was despised, and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised; and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Jehovah hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, yet when he was afflicted he opened not his mouth; as a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who among them considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due? 9 And they made his grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in his death; although he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased Jehovah to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of Jehovah shall prosper in his hand. 11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by the knowledge of himself shall my righteous servant justify many; and he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 52:13 - 53:13

This passage teaches

Messiah would be born of natural circumstances with no unusual characteristics.

Messiah's first coming would be marked with suffering.

Messiah's first coming would be rejected.

Messiah would undergo a legal trial and be condemned to death.

Messiah would be executed.

Messiah would be buried in a rich man's tomb.

Messiah would be resurrected.

All of the Messiahs suffering and death were to be substitutionary. He died so that we may have life. He died so that our sins could be removed from us. He died so that we may enter into a new relationship with God.

Messiah would bring justification to all who believe in Him.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
. 5 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. 6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called: Jehovah our righteousness.
Jeremiah 23:5-6

This passage teaches

Messiah would be a God Man.

The Messiah would be Jehovah Himself; Jehovah would become a man.

Messiah would be a descendant of David and therefore king. Jeremiah here reaffirms the Davidic Covenant (discussed under I Chronicles 17:10b - 14).

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Messiah would be born of a girl who is still a virgin the explanation of Gen 3:15

Yes

Messiah will be the God Man

Nope.

Messiah will be a king

Yes

Messiah will have to come before AD 70

Yes

Messiah would be born of natural circumstances with no unusual characteristics.

Hmmm

Messiah's first coming would be marked with suffering.

Yes

Messiah's first coming would be rejected.

Yes

Messiah would undergo a legal trial and be condemned to death

Yes

Messiah would be executed.

No Isiah 53 doesn't state or imply this. That God wouldn't save Jesus from death has not never been implied. Rather the contrary.

Messiah would be buried in a rich man's tomb.

Yes

Messiah would be resurrected.

From the land of the dead back into the land of the living

Messiah would be a God Man.

Nope

The Messiah would be Jehovah Himself; Jehovah would become a man.

Nope

Messiah would be a descendant of David and therefore king. Jeremiah here reaffirms the Davidic Covenant (discussed under I Chronicles 17:10b - 14).

Yes, a King of Israel

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
There are some Muslims that do accept that Jesus died. But still what's the bloody significance of it? Prophets were killed before him.

God does not need a bloody ransom.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There are some Muslims that do accept that Jesus died. But still what's the bloody significance of it? Prophets were killed before him.

God does not need a bloody ransom.

That is what Cain said.

What you have said here firmly puts you on Cain's side, the murderer. YOU say God doesn't require a bloody sacrifice, God says He does.

DO you not understand that it is death for the sinner that God requires?

This puts every single man and woman in a quandary, we must die. But IF we die we are only paying the just penalty for sin. So sin is paid for...but we are dead.

We MUST by some means find a way of dying, paying the penalty for our sins...without dying.

Only God can solve that problem my friend, He solved it by sending His Son to die for us, in our place, on our behalf.

Everyone who will believe it.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
That is what Cain said.

What you have said here firmly puts you on Cain's side, the murderer. YOU say God doesn't require a bloody sacrifice, God says He does.

DO you not understand that it is death for the sinner that God requires?

This puts every single man and woman in a quandary, we must die. But IF we die we are only paying the just penalty for sin. So sin is paid for...but we are dead.

We MUST by some means find a way of dying, paying the penalty for our sins...without dying.

Only God can solve that problem my friend, He solved it by sending His Son to die for us, in our place, on our behalf.

Everyone who will believe it.

No the reason why God rejected the sacrifice or the offering of Cain was not because of a lack of blood in it but because it was of poor quality - he offered the worst of his produce.

God requires us to sacrifice everything for him. Some of our time, money, work etc

What do you mean by death? We all still die don't we? Do you mean eternal death? Then Jesus has not still paid that. He should die eternally.

God could just as well forgive us our sins if we repent to Him. There is no need for ransom because God could wipe out any damages himself and purify us. Where is the justice if we transfer our burden into a scapegoat and then have him killed?

Come back to the religion of Abraham, my friend!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No the reason why God rejected the sacrifice or the offering of Cain was not because of a lack of blood in it but because it was of poor quality - he offered the worst of his produce.

God requires us to sacrifice everything for him. Some of our time, money, work etc

What do you mean by death? We all still die don't we? Do you mean eternal death? Then Jesus has not still paid that. He should die eternally.

God could just as well forgive us our sins if we repent to Him. There is no need for ransom because God could wipe out any damages himself and purify us. Where is the justice if we transfer our burden into a scapegoat and then have him killed?

Come back to the religion of Abraham, my friend!

You need to stop instructing God and rather be instructed by God, God said if you sin you must die. Do you sin? then you must die. And when you have died all you have done is pay the penalty for sinning against God...

You are in a HOPELESS condition.

The closer you get to death the more you see the enormity of your position. You must find a way of paying that death penalty.

With Abraham God PROVIDED the lamb, that was the sacrificial lamb.

God took away Abraham's sin and put it on the lamb, the lamb died bearing Abraham's sin.

Christ is the Lamb of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Funny you should mention Abraham for you are the descendant of Ishmael. Israel are the children of Isaac to who the promises belong.

Ishmael is cast out. His sword is against every man and every man's sword is against him.

...that sounds about right......

You don't need to teach, you need to learn.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
You need to stop instructing God and rather be instructed by God, God said if you sin you must die. Do you sin? then you must die. And when you have died all you have done is pay the penalty for sinning against God...

You are in a HOPELESS condition.

The closer you get to death the more you see the enormity of your position. You must find a way of paying that death penalty.

With Abraham God PROVIDED the lamb, that was the sacrificial lamb.

God took away Abraham's sin and put it on the lamb, the lamb died bearing Abraham's sin.

Christ is the Lamb of God.

God is Merciful. He needs no lamb nor blood to be spilled. Abraham test was just a test - not a sin sacrifice.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Funny you should mention Abraham for you are the descendant of Ishmael. Israel are the children of Isaac to who the promises belong.

Ishmael is cast out. His sword is against every man and every man's sword is against him.

...that sounds about right......

You don't need to teach, you need to learn.

By descendants you must mean spiritual descendants.

If Christians are the descendants of Isaac and the covenant why don't they uphold the mark of the covenant - circumcision. God promised an everlasting covenant. You'll have broken it.

Yes God revealed that the descendants of Abraham would be wondering tribes of ignorance but THEN they would be made into a great nation. Before Islam the Arabs were ignorant pagans.Islam has no race btw

bybee

God is Merciful. He needs no lamb nor blood to be spilled. Abraham test was just a test - not a sin sacrifice.

Nor is God a respecter of persons. I very much doubt that He loves men more than women?
There are no virgins awaiting those who slaughter the innocent.