Protecting Yourself With The Law

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
In a nutshell...

"Be like God" and overcome through our flesh.

Negative, that would be works based salvation.

Repentance and having the Holy Spirit indwelled in you does wonderful things, such as living Jesus' two greatest commandments.

How come no one wants to talk about the Metropolitan Community Church Evil Eye? (Psssst, they have no desire to "be like God", but they still call themselves "Christian").

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Satan is blamed in the same way alcohol is blamed for a drunk driving accident.

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 1:8)

Many people don't believe there is a devil, but Jesus does.

glorydaz

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 1:8)

Many people don't believe there is a devil, but Jesus does.

Seeking whom he "may" devour. May I devour you? No, you may not. See how easy that is?

glorydaz

Repentance and having the Holy Spirit indwelled in you does wonderful things, such as living Jesus' two greatest commandments.

How come no one wants to talk about the Metropolitan Community Church Evil Eye? (Psssst, they have no desire to "be like God", but they still call themselves "Christian").

The JW's think they're Christians, too. Westboro Baptist claim they're Christians, too. Good grief...not all those who claim to be saved are actually saved. I thought everyone understood this. :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The JW's think they're Christians, too. Westboro Baptist claim they're Christians, too. Good grief...not all those who claim to be saved are actually saved. I thought everyone understood this. :idunno:

So wouldn't a prerequisite to calling oneself a Christian be acknowledging that there is such a thing as sin and that in order to be a follower of Christ one must first turn away from his or her old life (repent) through studying God's Word, accepting His grace yet attempting to be more like Him in our day to day mindset and behaviors?

glorydaz

So wouldn't a prerequisite to calling oneself a Christian be acknowledging that there is such a thing as sin and that in order to be a follower of Christ one must first turn away from his or her old life (repent) through studying God's Word, accepting His grace yet attempting to be more like Him in our day to day mindset and behaviors?

No, I wouldn't say that at all. I would say, one must believe (be fully persuaded) of the Truth of the Gospel of Salvation. That we are saved by grace through faith....receiving the gift of eternal life and being indwelt by the Holy Spirit when we believe. Then we become God's workmanship, and He conforms us into the image of the Son. When we "attempt" to do what only He can do in us, then we find ourselves boasting in our own great deeds and well doing. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

No, I wouldn't say that at all.

So the pro abortion/pro homosexual Metropolitan Community Church is a legitimate Christian Church and all of those who write their own moral code can be Christian as well?

You might want to take that up with God when you meet Him.

I would say, one must believe (be fully persuaded) of the Truth of the Gospel of Salvation. That we are saved by grace through faith....receiving the gift of eternal life and being indwelt by the Holy Spirit when we believe. Then we become God's workmanship, and He conforms us into the image of the Son. When we "attempt" to do what only He can do in us, then we find ourselves boasting in our own great deeds and well doing. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Faith in what? Believe in what? Faith and belief that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried and arose on the 3rd day?

Again, the prerequisite to Christianity is that there is such a thing as sin.

I'll close with this excerpt from syndicated columnist Selwyn Dukes' article

"Why many American Christians are really Un-Christian":

...Let us be blunt: It is simply not possible to espouse relativism — which holds that right and wrong are opinion — and be a true Christian.

Why? It's simple: Jesus did not die for our opinions. Jesus did not say that His blood was the blood of the new and everlasting covenant and that it would be shed for you and for all so that opinions may be forgiven; He did not say, I am a way, a truth, and a life; He did not say, let he who is without opinion cast the first stone; He did not say to that dark tempter, "It is said, 'Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God,'" but, hey, Satan, whatever works for you.

There are many doctrinal differences among the denominations, and good people could debate them ad nauseam and still not settle every one. Yet, if anything is central to Christianity, it's the belief that Truth is spelled with a capital "T," that it is absolute, universal and eternal. And also central is a corollary of this belief: that there is an absolute, universal and eternal answer to every moral question; that right and wrong are not a matter of opinion, that they don't change from time to time and place to place

In fact, understand that moral relativism does nothing less than render the foundational act of Christianity, the sacrifice on the cross, incomprehensible. Why? Simply because Jesus died for our sins, and this presupposes that sin exists. However, if what we call morality is simply opinion, then there can be no such thing as sin. For who is to say? "Hey, I have my truth, you have your truth. Don't impose your values on me!" protests the relativist. And if there is no such thing as sin, there was no reason for Jesus to sacrifice himself. After all, what does anyone need to be forgiven for if there is no sin?

Read more: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/duke/100301

Hence the problem with many American so-called "Christian" Churches these days.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

I looked em up. They talk of a false prophecy. Don't really care to discuss them once that happens.

ACW... I have no desire to "Be Like God". Those words should sound an alarm in your theological mind. We can only show the mercy that was shown to us, or we can act as if we are not forgiven an unaffordable debt.

- EE

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Misdirected workman of the gospel

Misdirected workman of the gospel

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

So the pro abortion/pro homosexual Metropolitan Community Church is a legitimate Christian Church and all of those who write their own moral code can be Christian as well?

You might want to take that up with God when you meet Him.

Faith in what? Believe in what? Faith and belief that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried and arose on the 3rd day?

Again, the prerequisite to Christianity is that there is such a thing as sin.

I'll close with this excerpt from syndicated columnist Selwyn Dukes' article

"Why many American Christians are really Un-Christian":

...Let us be blunt: It is simply not possible to espouse relativism — which holds that right and wrong are opinion — and be a true Christian.

Why? It's simple: Jesus did not die for our opinions. Jesus did not say that His blood was the blood of the new and everlasting covenant and that it would be shed for you and for all so that opinions may be forgiven; He did not say, I am a way, a truth, and a life; He did not say, let he who is without opinion cast the first stone; He did not say to that dark tempter, "It is said, 'Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God,'" but, hey, Satan, whatever works for you.

There are many doctrinal differences among the denominations, and good people could debate them ad nauseam and still not settle every one. Yet, if anything is central to Christianity, it's the belief that Truth is spelled with a capital "T," that it is absolute, universal and eternal. And also central is a corollary of this belief: that there is an absolute, universal and eternal answer to every moral question; that right and wrong are not a matter of opinion, that they don't change from time to time and place to place

In fact, understand that moral relativism does nothing less than render the foundational act of Christianity, the sacrifice on the cross, incomprehensible. Why? Simply because Jesus died for our sins, and this presupposes that sin exists. However, if what we call morality is simply opinion, then there can be no such thing as sin. For who is to say? "Hey, I have my truth, you have your truth. Don't impose your values on me!" protests the relativist. And if there is no such thing as sin, there was no reason for Jesus to sacrifice himself. After all, what does anyone need to be forgiven for if there is no sin?

Read more: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/duke/100301

Hence the problem with many American so-called "Christian" Churches these days.

ACW,

Myself nor GD has swept sin under the carpet. No one has denied that a contrite spirit (repentance) is part of the gospel.

You employ a tactic that labels anyone who challenges your perspective an enemy of God and supporter of baby rapers and murderers.

I'll throw you one bread crumb... you help the gospel with your singular focus and condemnation exaltation as much as the LGBT movement helps homosexuals or liberals help gun rights.

Reactions: Lon

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
ACW,

Myself nor GD has swept sin under the carpet. No one has denied that a contrite spirit (repentance) is part of the gospel.

December 18, 2015
Most U.S. Christian groups grow more accepting of homosexuality

Acceptance of homosexuality is rising across the broad spectrum of American Christianity, including among members of churches that strongly oppose homosexual relationships as sinful, according to an extensive Pew Research Center survey of U.S. religious beliefs and practices.
Amid a changing religious landscape that has seen a declining percentage of Americans who identify as Christian, a majority of U.S. Christians (54%) now say that homosexuality should be accepted, rather than discouraged, by society

Read more: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-groups-grow-more-accepting-of-homosexuality/

Wow, a majority of U. S. Christians can't even get something as simple as God's standard for human sexuality (one man, one woman, united in matrimony) right, i.e. they can't even define what sinful behavior is. Can you believe that 54 percent of people who are supposed to be the moral guides of society can't even define what sin is?

You employ a tactic that labels anyone who challenges your perspective an enemy...

I'm holding a big red flag with the word "Truth" on it up for all to see. If you choose to look away and not acknowledge it, that's on you, not me.