Why do you remain a blue subscriber?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"Nukkified"? Oh, you mean nullified?
If fzap gets a gander at this you're never going to hear the end of it. :nono:

"Lunch mob"? You mean lynch mob?
In fairness the lunch mob is a lot worse, if only for a couple of hours. :chew:

So... you want censorship of those you don't like - even while you're lamenting censorship?
I told him he should consider a blog. But I think it's important to him to be read. :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would subscribe if one of the top feminists here were permabanned.

:plain: Being permabanned has always been reserved for users who CONSISTENTLY violate the rules of the forum with actions such as threats, flame outs, refusing to wait out a ban, profanity, blasphemy, etc. Having petty grievances and grudges against other members who rarely even acknowledge another member's existence has never qualified as a violation of the forum.

I would subscribe if certain viewpoints or just mere topics could be discussed without the attendant lynchmob. Points are ignored with character assassination being the mode of choice instead. The topics that get this treatment usually touch on feminism in some way. Feminists rule the roost here and until that significantly changes, you won't see a dime from me.

Just what is it about you that you believe is so wonderful and beneficial to TOL that the Administrator should accept your ultimatum/bribe?

It's absolutely ludicrous that you believe your continued animosity and proposed bribe should nullify the FACT that I have been a consistent, monetary supporter of TOL for several years as well as a Lifetime Member.

You have indicated previously that all you wanted was to join back up and converse freely on the forum. You did and have ... and still yet you are dissatisfied.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
:plain: Being permabanned has always been reserved for users who CONSISTENTLY violate the rules of the forum with actions such as threats, flame outs, refusing to wait out a ban, profanity, blasphemy, etc. Having petty grievances and grudges against other members who rarely even acknowledge another member's existence has never qualified as a violation of the forum.

Actually this is not so . . .

My husband was permabanned after only one post on TOL (years ago) for daring Clete to express his posted hatred of my husband, not online, but in our own driveway. No kidding, it is so . . . ��

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Then your motives are clear. Your refusal to contribute to the house are in protest of the house's management for failing to cater to your desires, all this despite your continued presence. Odd that is. :AMR:

AMR

Should Reformers contribute money to those who curse their faith as being a "cancer upon the gospel?"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Actually this is not so . . .

My husband was permabanned after one post on TOL (years ago) for threatening Clete to dare to express Clete's posted hatred of him, not online, but in our own driveway. No kidding, it is so . . . ��

I think that may have been prior to my join date on TOL because I don't remember your husband or the incident. However, I am sorry that his experience and interaction with another member ended as it did.

BTW, welcome back, Nang!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The coins one drops in a cup at the end of a day out and about, when accumulated monthly, will likely cover the $3 monthly cost of a subscription.

AMR

Exactly right, 3 dollars a month is totally easy to afford. It gives respect and makes you feel that you're part of something and contributing. Plus the bonus features and options that come with membership. It's even cheaper by the year instead of monthly !!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Should Reformers contribute money to those who curse their faith as being a "cancer upon the gospel?"
Well, you'd really be contributing in recognition of the space you have to bear witness to the truth as you see it...but I'd say yes to the question anyway. It's a way of really separating approaches in your favor if someone is intent on saying that sort of thing.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Calvinists in training" is what I see mostly from those that are opponents of Reformed doctrine. Sure, there are some who will never move off their confused stance, but experience teaches us that not a few of Reformed converts were once violently opposed to Reformed doctrine before the dawn came up like thunder in their walk of faith.

Contributing gives one some advantages, especially those of us in the minority. Just as we should take all offered advantages to lower our governmental taxes, we should take all advantages made available to be able to discuss that which we hold dear.

I think hanging one's moral position on a "monetary" aspect is often a mistaken arrangement of lines in the sand, as if money is the highest of all one's moral positions. Devoting one's time and effort is by far a greater contribution "to those that curse their faith...", so the objection you raise about mere money seems hollow to me. You have already invested a great deal, so why ignore one other means of equipping yourself with the full elements of armor that are available? Scripture teaches us that those that oppose its teachings will gnash their teeth at its truths. Money or not, that cannot be escaped. Accordingly, the issue comes down to just how wise as a serpent one wants to be, if you will, in order to achieve one's aims.

Therein is the important point: one's aims. For some, the venue is just a place to wile away the hours in the day. Or the venue is a means to feed one's ego, showcase one's perceived cleverness, or as an outlet to one's choleric nature. Being a proper steward of the time God gives one should drive he or she to careful examination of exactly how they use that time for the glory of God. My aims are public and plain for all to see, e.g., my avatar's accouterments, my signature's links, my blog, my social group, my posts. Contributing a sum ($3) that amounts to pocket change over the course of a month yields more return than not contributing. As you well know, the Spirit moves as He will, so I want to be doing all that I am able to make sure that those that are reading, lurking, or participating, may be edified by the means I have taken advantage of herein.

By your reasoning, spending any monies at the local market or store should be yet another protest point, for most of these entities have policies and practices that are an abomination to the teachings of Scripture. Of course, we all generally wink at these issues in order to live and go about our way, hopefully such that we can be able to then wage campaigns and proffer influence to change these policies and practices, in effect turning their own ready access against them. Contributing here at TOL is but one of those same situations, no more, no less.

In short, making money the last straw of one's options towards enhancing their ability to take every word captive for the glory of God says more about one's opinion of the former than the latter.
:AMR:

AMR

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"Calvinists in training" is what I see mostly from those that are opponents of Reformed doctrine. Sure, there are some who will never move off their confused stance, but experience teaches us that not a few of Reformed converts were once violently opposed to Reformed doctrine before the dawn came up like thunder in their walk of faith.

Contributing gives one some advantages, especially those of us in the minority. Just as we should take all offered advantages to lower our governmental taxes, we should take all advantages made available to be able to discuss that which we hold dear.

I think hanging one's moral position on a "monetary" aspect is often a mistaken arrangement of lines in the sand, as if money is the highest of all one's moral positions. Devoting one's time and effort is by far a greater contribution "to those that curse their faith...", so the objection you raise about mere money seems hollow to me. You have already invested a great deal, so why ignore one other means of equipping yourself with the full elements of armor that are available? Scripture teaches us that those that oppose its teachings will gnash their teeth at its truths. Money or not, that cannot be escaped. Accordingly, the issue comes down to just how wise as a serpent one wants to be, if you will, in order to achieve one's aims.

Therein is the important point: one's aims. For some, the venue is just a place to wile away the hours in the day. Or the venue is a means to feed one's ego, showcase one's perceived cleverness, or as an outlet to one's choleric nature. Being a proper steward of the time God gives one should drive he or she to careful examination of exactly how they use that time for the glory of God. My aims are public and plain for all to see, e.g., my avatar's accouterments, my signature's links, my blog, my social group, my posts. Contributing a sum ($3) that amounts to pocket change over the course of a month yields more return than not contributing. As you well know, the Spirit moves as He will, so I want to be doing all that I am able to make sure that those that are reading, lurking, or participating, may be edified by the means I have taken advantage of herein.

By your reasoning, spending any monies at the local market or store should be yet another protest point, for most of these entities have policies and practices that are an abomination to the teachings of Scripture. Of course, we all generally wink at these issues in order to live and go about our way, hopefully such that we can be able to then wage campaigns and proffer influence to change these policies and practices, in effect turning their own ready access against them. Contributing here at TOL is but one of those same situations, no more, no less.

In short, making money the last straw of one's options towards enhancing their ability to take every word captive for the glory of God says more about one's opinion of the former than the latter.
:AMR:

AMR

Refusing to monetarily support false teachings that oppose God's Truth, is not indicative of a love of money.

A false teacher, soliciting money from Christians, while hating and opposing their Gospel message, is the prime example of the love of money.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Refusing to monetarily support false teachings that oppose God's Truth, is not indicative of a love of money.

A false teacher, soliciting money from Christians, while hating and opposing their Gospel message, is the prime example of the love of money.

I do not see where I implied love of money in my response. Rather, my response was directed towards the view that money is some major moral limiter to how far one will go towards their efforts to further the Kingdom of Our Lord. I have no moral issue with rendering unto Caesar if I am going to set myself about in his domain and make efforts, within the rules of his kingdom, to take issue with his views where I am able. The very state you live within is governed by a Romanist who regularly extracts monies from its citizens, including Christians like yourself, for all manner of odious things.

Indeed, the love of money is something we should all check ourselves for signs.

1. Those who love money are more concerned with making it than with honesty, or giving a quality effort. Believers must pursue truth and excellence, for which money may be the reward.

2. Those who love money never have enough. Like the leech's daughters of Proverbs 30:15, all they can say is "Give, Give." Such people stand in sharp contrast to Paul, who wrote to the Philippians, "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am" (Phil. 4:11).

3. Those who love money tend to flaunt it. They derive an inordinate pleasure from wearing, driving, or living in what money buys.

4. Those who love money resent giving it. They want to use it all for their own selfish gratification.

5. Those who love money will often sin to get it. They will cheat on their income tax or their expense account, or pilfer from work. Those who compromise their principles for money betray a heart that loves it more than God, righteousness, and truth.

Let me plainly state that I have not accused you to be a lover of money. How could I possibly know such a thing? As for my contributing to TOL, as I have noted, I put available monies I have (through the abundance of God's sharing with me) to work for me in my endeavors herein. Rather than accept that you are attempting to imply my actions are something scandalous. My conscious is clear and I would ask you to not press onwards in attempts to lay stumbling blocks before me and others.

AMR

Eagles Wings

I don't see the sense in becoming a member to have more perks and privileges. I don't listen to or relate to members due to the color of their name.

The choice to donate one's God given money must be done so with great discernment. I can count on three fingers where we give financial support for Christian endeavours.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't see the sense in becoming a member to have more perks and privileges. I don't listen to or relate to members due to the color of their name.

The choice to donate one's God given money must be done so with great discernment. I can count on three fingers where we give financial support for Christian endeavours.
I think the best argument is simply that if you find enough value here to be a consistent poster and reader it's reasonable to help support the platform. Simple, clean appeal to self-interest. :cheers:

Eagles Wings

I think the best argument is simply that if you find enough value here to be a consistent poster and reader it's reasonable to help support the platform. Simple, clean appeal to self-interest. :cheers:
Thanks for your thoughts.

We only give if we are anonymous, in a public sense, and not for self-interest. In the past, we've either been held on a pedestal or frowned upon due to the amount of the charitable gift.

I'll probably always be "blue".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thanks for your thoughts.

We only give if we are anonymous, in a public sense, and not for self-interest. In the past, we've either been held on a pedestal or frowned upon due to the amount of the charitable gift.

I'll probably always be "blue".
No problem but I wouldn't think of a subscription as charity. I'd think of it as value for value, like a movie ticket or one of those apps you run into that's free but appreciates contributions for the effort...that sort of thing.

Eagles Wings

No problem but I wouldn't think of a subscription as charity. I'd think of it as value for value, like a movie ticket or one of those apps you run into that's free but appreciates contributions for the effort...that sort of thing.
I rarely contribute if it's free. We are even careful of the myriad pro-life groups. Only give to one of those because we know the founder.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I rarely contribute if it's free. We are even careful of the myriad pro-life groups. Only give to one of those because we know the founder.
See, that's what killed the "take a penny/leave a penny" jar right there. :eek: Okay though. It isn't required.. Just offering a context to qualify on the charity approach. :cheers: