Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul didn't write Hebrews, nothing about that book even sounds like Paul.

The author of Hebrews was referring to Jesus having come to the lost sheep of Israel, and His ministry as High Priest. He was their "Apostle", just as Moses was.

Correct!

2Th 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

Rom 1:1 From Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ,

Paul identifies himself in every letter he writes.....all 13 of them.

What's missing from Hebrews? Paul.
153707i8835250CE3E4DF75

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Correct!

2Th 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

Rom 1:1 From Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ,

Paul identifies himself in every letter he writes.....all 13 of them.

What's missing from Hebrews? Paul.

Sounding like Jesus tells you nothing about who the human author is.
She comes up with some pretty dumb excuses for her unbelief.

Truster

Don't need it, do we.

Making unfounded assumptions, while ignoring possible proof, is not the exercise of wisdom. I'm a legal consultant and the minutest details are vital. A wrong word or a misspelled word can cost mega money, inconvenience and emotional anguish.

I take the Bible far more seriously than my profession and if I make a statement I want to know, for the sake of my conscience, that I have made every effort to confirm the matter before passing it on.

I need it, don't I.

popsthebuilder

Practice what you preach. I tried to help you and you refused. You did misjudge me and you would do well not to do that.You cannot rebuke that which is not wrong, you cannot set straight that which is not crooked. You have no right to advice on what you have no understanding about.
In what way did you attempt to help me?

All I have seen you do towards me lately is act like I'm accusing you of things. This is quite typical of you, and I don't really mind, but please do explain how you attempted to help me and how I denied it.

Thank you,

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Making unfounded assumptions, while ignoring possible proof, is not the exercise of wisdom. I'm a legal consultant and the minutest details are vital. A wrong word or a misspelled word can cost mega money, inconvenience and emotional anguish.

I take the Bible far more seriously than my profession and if I make a statement I want to know, for the sake of my conscience, that I have made every effort to confirm the matter before passing it on.

I need it, don't I.
His commentary does not prove that Paul wrote Hebrews.
Some good scholars lean toward the view he did, and some good scholars lean toward the view he did not.
But none of them have any concrete proof of who wrote Hebrews.

I lean toward the view he did not, and I lean toward that view mainly because of the very words of Paul himself about his writings.
If there was concrete proof, then I could say who wrote Hebrews, but there's not.

God's Truth

With humility in all scenarios, giving without wanting, patience and perseverance.

I need no faith in myself, to know and have faith in the things I know of GOD, by HIS will.

peace

I have confidence and I do not see myself separate from God.

God's Truth

In what way did you attempt to help me?

All I have seen you do towards me lately is act like I'm accusing you of things. This is quite typical of you, and I don't really mind, but please do explain how you attempted to help me and how I denied it.

Thank you,

peace

I have already asked that you stop this. Please stop. Let's talk about the scriptures. I do not want to keep defending myself to the untruths you say to me and about me. I want to defend God's Truth.

popsthebuilder

I have already asked that you stop this. Please stop. Let's talk about the scriptures. I do not want to keep defending myself to the untruths you say to me and about me. I want to defend God's Truth.
What? What untruths have I accused you of friend?

I have no problem with you whatsoever.

peace

popsthebuilder

You don't come across as being confident. Are you sure? You often make statements that seem as if you feel God is distant and unknowable.
I do not appreciate you insinuating GOD is far from me.

The repeated stabs at my faith are unwarranted.

You can exclaim that it wasn't directed towards me, bit the implication stands.

Each have their measure of faith.

Who are we to deride another's very faith?

Can we not help to guide with edification?

peace

popsthebuilder

Genesis: 11. 42. For thou hast afflicted the meek, thou hast hurt the peaceable, thou hast loved liars, and destroyed the dwellings of them that brought forth fruit, and hast cast down the walls of such as did thee no harm. 44. The Highest also hath looked upon the proud times, and, behold, they are ended, and his abominations are fulfilled. 45. And therefore appear no more, thou eagle, nor thy horrible wings, nor thy wicked feathers nor thy malicious heads, nor thy hurtful claws, nor all thy vain body: 46. That all the earth may be refreshed, and may return, being delivered from thy violence, and that she may hope for the judgment and mercy of him that made her.

Status
Not open for further replies.