Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

beloved57

And it doesn't give you the right to accuse God of making any of mankind hate Him. He needs no reason for that by Him simply because man himself has the capabilty of choosing whom he will love and whom he will hate. Get it now? Ergo, God loves those who love Him and hates those who hate Him. Move in that vein of truth and YOUR Bible will read differently to you!
I don't know what you talking about. God made some, the wicked for destruction Prov 16:4. They're also called vessels of destruction Rom 9

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Cross Reference

1. God said, "Now I know..." That literally implies God didn't know.

No doubt, the inference is there but, the implication runs 'prophetically' deeper. Try this:

“After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." Genesis 15:1 (KJV)

The Lord was convinced, "Now I know": Abraham knew what the test was all about after having carried it through to its conclusion. His understanding was made secure by his faithfulness by the interruption of the Lord: The Lord "knew" in the most intimate way possible that Abraham, loved Him.

Nanja

I don't know what you talking about. God made some, the wicked for destruction Prov 16:4. They're also called vessels of destruction Rom 9

Absolutely! God has made some vessels of honor and some vessels of dishonor Rom. 9:22-23.

God does as He Wills with all the inhabitants of the earth.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

~~~~~

Cross Reference

Again, as I have noted tonight in several responses to you, one of us has actually interpreted texts, while the other merely points to them and thinks he has met some burden. Sigh.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...rgivable-Sin&p=4641413&viewfull=1#post4641413

You are correct. We are going in circles. I am doing the heavy-lifting while you cobble together a verse here and there and declare victory. I have met my burden and devoted far more time and effort in my responses to you than you have to me. You have enough before you to think about and if it be the will of the Lord, you will come to a greater understanding of these things. For now, I am going to back away from being diligent to respond to each and every thought that you put down in writing. I did so in order to demonstrate to you that there are answers to all your concerns and complaints, while also to disabuse you of the notion that no one is responding to you. You can no longer make that claim in honesty, so at least one of my goals has been met. Carry on, now, and perhaps we will cross paths at later dates.

AMR

What self-righteous arrogance!

Cross Reference

Rabbit trail

"... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

And we know why Spurge was nothing more than a preacher.

Cross Reference

He said one thing that I agree with, whether he was a true believer or not, I have no idea. One does not have to be a born again believer to make a true statement.

But one has to be born again to recognize the FULL Truth of Jesus Christ and WHY God sent Him into the "World", that He loves. . . for those who love Him who reside in it.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Exercise caution when you declare another believer to have defamed God.

Of course God shows favoritism, else, for example, the choosing of Israel as the nation to bring forth the oracles of God is false. :AMR:

Indeed, the Bible is full of God bestowing His favor on some and not others. Paul reminds us that God "has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills". That's favoritism, plain and simple. And Paul's answer in Romans 9 to those that would complain is that God as sovereign Creator has a right to act as He pleases; we His creatures are not in a position to question Him about it.

On the face of it, it does not seem fair for God to choose some over others. The Bible asserts, “God does not show favoritism” (Rom. 2:11). In this passage, Paul means that God will judge each man fairly according to his works (v. 6). But is it favoritism for God to choose some men to be saved, and pass by the rest?

The answer to this question comes from a careful reading of James 2:1-9. In v. 1, James proclaims to his readers, “don't show favoritism.” In v. 9 he goes so far as to say that “if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.” Favoritism, therefore, is a sin against man and God. What sort of favoritism is James talking about? In v. 2 he describes the situation: “Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in.” Verses 3-4 he tells the church not to give a place of prominence to wealthy churchgoers. If they do, he says, they have “discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts” (v. 4). Favoritism is a sin, and therefore the members of the church must treat the poor and wealthy alike.

But notice what James says in v. 5: “Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom?” This is very important. Our question is this: is it wrong for God to “show favoritism” by choosing to save some men and reject others? The answer is no. In the same passage of Scripture where the Bible condemns showing partiality as sin, it speaks of God’s choosing some men to be “rich in faith!” It is wrong for man to choose to show importance to the rich over the poor, but it is not wrong for God to choose the poor over the rich.

When the Scriptures assert that God is impartial, we cannot take this to militate against the other verses that speak of God’s sovereign election. It is true that God will judge all men impartially according to their works, but this does not mean that God has not chosen some men “unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them” (Eph. 2:8-10). There are some men to whom God has granted faith and he has ordained specific good works for them to perform. Impartiality must be defined with great precision lest it becomes a kind of twentieth-century egalitarian slogan that ends up forcing God to bless equal percentages of every class and race with identical blessings. Such a definition of “impartiality” simply does not align with the Bible’s own use of the term.

What God wants, He gets. God is not anxiously wringing His hands and pacing about hoping Bob or Jane will choose rightly. He is not impotent, nor is God a contingent being awaiting the actions of others to "elect" themselves. God's salvific grace is only bestowed upon those whom He will have it bestowed upon.

AMR

Brother,

If God favored, only Israel, He would have never let her be attacked. But then again, He is still working with her and all the Kings of the earth are again turned to her.

He protected her for the provision of His presence and union with all of us through Mary, as the womb that God majestically passed through.

Even as you say that God shows favoritism, He is now in violation of every word of James, chapter two.

God is ALL loving to all. It is us who reject Him, not He that rejects us. He draws all through the breeze of Love. Many don't respond, until the depths of humility.

If you didn't throttle the Love of God, I would have no words on the matter, but no trait of God is so apparent as His Love.

To suggest that He is not all Loving is to mix darkness with His light.

His wrath is the wrath of Love that protects. He truly is the greatest Father of all time. He only appears to be limited in Love because it takes immense faith to find the Love of the unconditional savior that bore the worlds sins.

I am most likely going to cease debate on this matter, because I look forward to drinking some good wine with you in the true Kingdom and we can both sit down and ask Him 1,000,000 questions. I know that you would not shun me, and I know you have a million questions too.

I add this, it hurt me to speak to you that way, but what would I be to you if I didn't speak from my conviction of Spirit. You are a strong soldier, and I had faith that God's measure of Spirit in you would provide the ability to receive my words. Not to embrace them, but to at least hear them.

God bless you brother AMR.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Exercise caution when you declare another believer to have defamed God.

Of course God shows favoritism, else, for example, the choosing of Israel as the nation to bring forth the oracles of God is false. :AMR:

Indeed, the Bible is full of God bestowing His favor on some and not others. Paul reminds us that God "has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills". That's favoritism, plain and simple. And Paul's answer in Romans 9 to those that would complain is that God as sovereign Creator has a right to act as He pleases; we His creatures are not in a position to question Him about it.

On the face of it, it does not seem fair for God to choose some over others. The Bible asserts, “God does not show favoritism” (Rom. 2:11). In this passage, Paul means that God will judge each man fairly according to his works (v. 6). But is it favoritism for God to choose some men to be saved, and pass by the rest?

The answer to this question comes from a careful reading of James 2:1-9. In v. 1, James proclaims to his readers, “don't show favoritism.” In v. 9 he goes so far as to say that “if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.” Favoritism, therefore, is a sin against man and God. What sort of favoritism is James talking about? In v. 2 he describes the situation: “Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in.” Verses 3-4 he tells the church not to give a place of prominence to wealthy churchgoers. If they do, he says, they have “discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts” (v. 4). Favoritism is a sin, and therefore the members of the church must treat the poor and wealthy alike.

But notice what James says in v. 5: “Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom?” This is very important. Our question is this: is it wrong for God to “show favoritism” by choosing to save some men and reject others? The answer is no. In the same passage of Scripture where the Bible condemns showing partiality as sin, it speaks of God’s choosing some men to be “rich in faith!” It is wrong for man to choose to show importance to the rich over the poor, but it is not wrong for God to choose the poor over the rich.

When the Scriptures assert that God is impartial, we cannot take this to militate against the other verses that speak of God’s sovereign election. It is true that God will judge all men impartially according to their works, but this does not mean that God has not chosen some men “unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them” (Eph. 2:8-10). There are some men to whom God has granted faith and he has ordained specific good works for them to perform. Impartiality must be defined with great precision lest it becomes a kind of twentieth-century egalitarian slogan that ends up forcing God to bless equal percentages of every class and race with identical blessings. Such a definition of “impartiality” simply does not align with the Bible’s own use of the term.

What God wants, He gets. God is not anxiously wringing His hands and pacing about hoping Bob or Jane will choose rightly. He is not impotent, nor is God a contingent being awaiting the actions of others to "elect" themselves. God's salvific grace is only bestowed upon those whom He will have it bestowed upon.

AMR

This means that the proud resist Him, while the self proclaimed elect, don't understand His Love. The James reference you cited.

Only those that open to His Love that is unconditional will feel the full embrace of Him.

It's always there, but we have to feel the Love to feel His Love.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

beloved57

But one has to be born again to recognize the FULL Truth of Jesus Christ and WHY God sent Him into the "World", that He loves. . . for those who love Him who reside in it.
I don't know what you talking about. You and I don't believe in the same Jesus. Furthermore a person can make a true statement and not be born again. I see that all the time.