Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Why would God need a hell, when he could reveal to the world that the Christian message of hell is false? Well he will..."
He has revealed that unrepentant sinners go to hell. :poly:

See:

Hell

"...but he is using Christianity to help deceive the world now..."
Satan and his minions attempt to undo God's work (Mk 4:15).
"...so the revelation will not become worldwide until a bit later."
The canon of scripture is closed. Ps. 19:7, Jn 10:35
"But that gospel of the truth, the salvation of all, will be preached in all the world, as a witness only, not a conversion message, and then the end will come."
Reading our mail again? :dizzy: Jn 10:35 Conversion of the gentiles was foretold (Is. 60:1–5). They had repented (Ac 26:20) and had become newly (2 Cor. 5:17) transformed (1 Thess. 1:9, 10).

When the fullness of the gentiles has come in, God returns to the Jews (Ro 11:25).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
how do Christians hurt unbelievers?

He'll feel better when he joins Monica Lewinsky's (Ex 20:14) anti-bullying campaign.
crying.gif

Mickiel

No Christian can deal with Heb. 9:26 so they don't deal with it. Because it reveals Jesus putting away the sins of humanity at the end of the world; Christians can't concede that because it would close their precious hell.

Mickiel

how do Christians hurt unbelievers?

Allow me to construct another list:

By teaching them that the promises in the bible is not for them.

By shaking the dust off your feet at them, when you give up on them.

By shutting off the Kingdom from them.

By putting yourselves above them.

By making them twice the target of hell.

By retarding their hope.

By sectioning them off and putting them in useless groups.

By telling the world that they are mincemeat.

Prizebeatz1

We have to forgive those who don't know any better about this idea of hell. The fear feels real and we have to honor that people are not going to want to take the chance that it isn't. I once was in those shoes until I built the skills to find out for myself. I think supplying people with the tools to do their own spiritual work is our only chance of debunking the myth of hell. We have to allow and encourage people to find out for themselves. Those who don't will continue in fear, pain and suffering. We need to have compassion.

Last edited:

Aimiel

People are going to discover one lie or another when they study on their own. We must partner with The Lord Who is Truth to discover Kingdom Truths. Except one is born again, one cannot even see The Kingdom. We must hear The Voice of The Lord to progress into what His Plans are for our lives.

Prizebeatz1

People are going to discover one lie or another when they study on their own. We must partner with The Lord Who is Truth to discover Kingdom Truths. Except one is born again, one cannot even see The Kingdom. We must hear The Voice of The Lord to progress into what His Plans are for our lives.

That is sometimes a part of the resistance against finding out the truth on our own. There were a lot of things I would rather not see. It is much easier to turn a blind eye. I think we know we cannot unsee the truth once we find out and the consequences are not always enjoyable. Yet in the bigger picture it is too devastating NOT to find out for ourselves. I guess some of us reach a point where we are forced to go where we've never been before. Getting comfortable doing that often makes others uncomfortable so there is a burden of being considered an outcast. No one wants to be made to feel that way but that is one of the costs. Luke 14:28 applies here but it's too much work to type on this dinky phone.

JosephR

more importantly then people discovering a lie is when they recognize truth... it resonates at a harmony that cannot be mistaken.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Christians think they will escape the fire, Jesus taught that we all will be in it; Mark 9:49.

Jesus was written about long after he left. Some words attributed to him were misremembered. It was frankly after Paul's influence, his opinions about Jesus, had become common place. Also many of the early followers were Jews who saw Jesus through the prism of Judaism.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Christians think they will escape the fire, Jesus taught that we all will be in it; Mark 9:49.
You'll probably have smooth sailing until you burn (Ps. 73:1–28).

"Mk 49. For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt—A difficult verse, on which much has been written—some of it to little purpose. “Every one” probably means “Every follower of mine”; and the “fire” with which he “must be salted” probably means “a fiery trial” to season him. (Compare Mal 3:2, &c.). The reference to salting the sacrifice is of course to that maxim of the Levitical law, that every acceptable sacrifice must be sprinkled with salt, to express symbolically its soundness, sweetness, wholesomeness, acceptability. But as it had to be roasted first, we have here the further idea of a salting with fire. In this case, “every sacrifice,” in the next clause, will mean, “Every one who would be found an acceptable offering to God”; and thus the whole verse may perhaps be paraphrased as follows: “Every disciple of Mine shall have a fiery trial to undergo, and everyone who would be found an odor of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable and well-pleasing to God, must have such a salting, like the Levitical sacrifices.” Another, but, as it seems to us, farfetched as well as harsh, interpretation—suggested first, we believe, by MICHAELIS, and adopted by ALEXANDER—takes the “every sacrifice which must be salted with fire” to mean those who are “cast into hell,” and the preservative effect of this salting to refer to the preservation of the lost not only in but by means of the fire of hell. Their reason for this is that the other interpretation changes the meaning of the “fire,” and the characters too, from the lost to the saved, in these verses. But as our Lord confessedly ends His discourse with the case of His own true disciples, the transition to them in Mk 9:48 is perfectly natural; whereas to apply the preservative salt of the sacrifice to the preserving quality of hell-fire, is equally contrary to the symbolical sense of salt and the Scripture representations of future torment. Our Lord has still in His eye the unseemly jarrings which had arisen among the Twelve, the peril to themselves of allowing any indulgence to such passions, and the severe self-sacrifice which salvation would cost them." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 81). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.