Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Didn't you choose to live in filth your whole life? :Shimei: 2 Pe 2:22
smileys-pig-625824.gif
] I hope and pray, through Jesus Christ our Lord...
You are not a Christian (Eph 4:14). :juggle:

...I never even say anything like this to another human being.
I'll put that down as a 'yes' (Mt 16:19). :scripto:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Judging by your behavior..."
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14) :noway:

By your behavior (Deut 32:32). :juggle:
"I don't want to be one."
Jn 3:16
"You ought to be ashamed for telling someone they live in filth..."
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

You ought to be ashamed living in filth (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, 2 Pe 2:22).
smileys-pig-625824.gif

"I'm a little piggy. Here's my snout. Oink oink oink oink oink oink."
dancing_eric_cartman_avatar_by_insanity123-d30ayuv.gif
~ Eric Cartman, South Park

Last edited:

way 2 go

Elsewhere Jesus tells us to forgive, so that we may be forgiven. (There are no conditions implied). A person may not repent,....you are still to forgive them for your own benefit, so God may forgive you lest you close the door of freedom by unforgiveness. You do your part trying to reconcile, and then leave the rest to God.

show me the verse that says you have to forgive the unrepentant

Caino

BANNED
Banned

One doesn't need to forgive unless you have judged another to begin with.

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
One doesn't need to forgive unless you have judged another to begin with.

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Be willing to be judged by the same standard. :dizzy:

See:

Should Christians Judge?

As a reminder Caino is number 38 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Really?

Really?

Seriously? I thought you knew your own Bible, and will now have a theosophist teach you a thing or two. My previous post holds and Cainos....Will add more soon, but this may merit it's own thread on the subject of forgiveness...it's a very important principle.

Mickiel

I don't care how many Christians try to put people in their hell, they are simply anti-salvation. In Heb.9:26, " For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world; but now once in the end of the world has he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

Now this mass forgiveness of sin is being done by Christ at THE END of the World; how are you going to condemn unbelievers when Jesus is forgiving them at the end of the world? You can't satisfy your bloodlust for getting rid of those who reject Christ and he is forgiving them in the end.

What's wrong with you?

Mickiel

I don't care how many Christians try to put people in their hell, they are simply anti-salvation. In Heb.9:26, " For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world; but now once in the end of the world has he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

Now this mass forgiveness of sin is being done by Christ at THE END of the World; how are you going to condemn unbelievers when Jesus is forgiving them at the end of the world? You can't satisfy your bloodlust for getting rid of those who reject Christ and he is forgiving them in the end.

What's wrong with you?

Why can't you see scriptures like this which gives hope and salvation to everyone? Why can't you see that before the world was made the total forgiveness of all sin was a done deal? Here in Heb.9:26 Jesus is standing at THE END OF THE WORLD, reconciling ALL of humanity to himself.

Wake up! Realize what's wrong with you. Look at this mighty word of God.

Will you think with me? Hello!

Prizebeatz1

Disconnection from the source of our genuine goodness has us trying to compensate with all kinds of substitutes that don't work. The concept of hell is one of many detrimental effects of this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how much conflict and confusion humanity has suffered from the effects of not being able to feel the inherent value of their own lives. Why continue side-stepping the real issue? That's only going to increase the madness. We can't afford to continue pretending.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I don't care how many Christians try to put people in their hell..."
:yawn: God throws you into the lake of fire (Re 21:8).

"...[T]hey are simply anti-salvation."
:yawn: If we were anti-salvation, we wouldn't bother telling you the truth (Ac 20:20). :poly: Jesus told us the truth (Jn 18:37). We tell you the truth (Mk 16:15). You're welcome (Jn 15:20).
"Heb.9:26...[T]his mass forgiveness of sin is being done by Christ at THE END of the world..."
"Heb 9:26. then—in that case.

must … have suffered—rather as Greek, “It would have been necessary for Him often to suffer.” In order to “offer” (Heb 9:25), or present Himself often before God in the heavenly holiest place, like the legal high priests making fresh renewals of this high priestly function. He would have had, and would have often to suffer. His oblation of Himself before God was once for all (that is, the bringing in of His blood into the heavenly Holy of Holies), and therefore the preliminary suffering was once for all.

since the foundation of the world—The continued sins of men, from their first creation, would entail a continual suffering on earth, and consequent oblation of His blood in the heavenly holiest place, since the foundation of the world, if the one oblation “in the fulness of time” were not sufficient. PHILO [The Creation of the World, p. 637], shows that the high priest of the Hebrews offered sacrifices for the whole human race. “If there had been greater efficacy in the repetition of the oblation, Christ necessarily would not have been so long promised, but would have been sent immediately after the foundation of the world to suffer, and offer Himself at successive periods” [GROTIUS].

now—as the case is,

once—for all; without need of renewal. Rome’s fiction of an UNBLOODY sacrifice in the mass, contradicts her assertion that the blood of Christ is present in the wine; and also confutes her assertion that the mass is propitiatory; for, if unbloody, it cannot be propitiatory; for without shedding of blood there is no remission (Heb 9:22). Moreover, the expression “once” for all here, and in Heb 9:28, and Heb 10:10, 12, proves the falsity of her view that there is a continually repeated offering of Christ in the Eucharist or mass. The offering of Christ was a thing once done that it might be thought of for ever (compare Note, see on Heb 10:12).

in the end of the world—Greek, “at the consummation of the ages”; the winding up of all the previous ages from the foundation of the world; to be followed by a new age (Heb 1:1, 2). The last age, beyond which no further age is to be expected before Christ’s speedy second coming, which is the complement of the first coming; literally, “the ends of the ages”; Mt 28:20 is literally, “the consummation of the age,” or world (singular; not as here, plural, ages). Compare “the fulness of times,” Eph 1:10.

appeared—Greek, “been manifested” on earth (1 Ti 3:16; 1 Pe 1:20). English Version has confounded three distinct Greek verbs, by translating all alike, Heb 9:24, 26, 28, “appear.” But, in Heb 9:24, it is “to present Himself,” namely, before God in the heavenly sanctuary; in Heb 9:26, “been manifested” on earth. in Heb 9:28, “shall be seen” by all, and especially believers.

put away—abolish; doing away sin’s power as well by delivering men from its guilt and penalty, so that it should be powerless to condemn men, as also from its yoke, so that they shall at last sin no more.

sin—singular number; all the sins of men of every age are regarded as one mass laid on Christ. He hath not only atoned for all actual sins, but destroyed sin itself. Jn 1:29, “Behold the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin (not merely the sins: singular, not plural) of the world.”

by the sacrifice of himself—Greek, “by (through) His own sacrifice”; not by “blood of others” (Heb 9:25). ALFORD loses this contrast in translating, “by His sacrifice.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, pp. 464–465). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Disconnection from the source of our genuine goodness has us trying to compensate with all kinds of substitutes that don't work. The concept of hell is one of many detrimental effects of this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how much conflict and confusion humanity has suffered from the effects of not being able to feel the inherent value of their own lives. Why continue side-stepping the real issue? That's only going to increase the madness. We can't afford to continue pretending.

Love recognizes the inherent value and potential of every soul, ECT denies it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Why can't you see scriptures like this which gives hope and salvation to everyone?"
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

You tell sinners that there are no consequences for their: indifference, denial or rebellion toward God (Ge 3:4). We tell them the opposite (Eze 18:20). You lie like your father (Jn 8:44). We tell the truth. You don't receive God's word because you are not his (Jn 8:47). You have refused to love the truth ; therefore, God will send you an even stronger delusion (2 Thess 2:11). We are being sanctified by the truth (2 Thess 2:13). You are going to hell. :reals: We are going to heaven. :straight: 1 Jn 3:10

[Heb.9:26]
:yawn: Ad infinitum Eph 4:14

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are going to hell. :reals: We are going to heaven. :straight: 1 Jn 3:10

Oh aren't you special. Frankly you don't know who is going where, you only make a self-aggrandizing assumption of such things with so many concordance quotes to bolster your own securities to pamper your ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.