Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
You are an abomination...Jesus Killed People? Whom did he kill? When did he Kill? Harsh words are one thing, killing is another....look in the mirror...how do you think God sees you at this moment...how do you think Jesus sees you as you accuse him of being a murderer?
There is a difference between killing and murdering.

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
You are an abomination
Wow, talk about judging!
...Jesus Killed People? Whom did he kill? When did he Kill?
Ever hear of the Flood, Sodom and Gommorah, Herod, all the firstborn in Egypt, etc.?
Harsh words are one thing, killing is another....look in the mirror...how do you think God sees you at this moment...how do you think Jesus sees you as you accuse him of being a murderer?
I never accused Jesus of murdering anyone. But He certainly has killed plenty of people. Pay attention.

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
I kind of set her up for that one... :chuckle:

I think what he is saying here is that he knew there would be people like you....he knew that people would start wars and kill over what his words meant. He also speaks about those who deny him before his father in heaven. And the problems that will cause. It speaks of human nature, not of God's nature. He speaks of the upheaval that his teaching will cause in the world for those who will fight against him and his father in heaven. Brother against brother, and so on. He still does not give permission to kill those who dont' agree with him....he talks about doing that all on his own without help from you...he still never gives YOU permission to kill. Flat out...you can't ignore it....If you do, it's at your own perril. God says he will take care of it when the time comes. Not that you will take care of it before he comes. Get it?

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
Wow, talk about judging!Ever hear of the Flood, Sodom and Gommorah, Herod, all the firstborn in Egypt, etc.? I never accused Jesus of murdering anyone. But He certainly has killed plenty of people. Pay attention.

Again, no difference...who did Jesus KILL...accourding to you?

Mr. 5020

jennifferdoug said:
I think what he is saying here is that he knew there would be people like you....he knew that people would start wars and kill over what his words meant. He also speaks about those who deny him before his father in heaven. And the problems that will cause. It speaks of human nature, not of God's nature. He speaks of the upheaval that his teaching will cause in the world for those who will fight against him and his father in heaven. Brother against brother, and so on. He still does not give permission to kill those who dont' agree with him....he talks about doing that all on his own without help from you...he still never gives YOU permission to kill. Flat out...you can't ignore it....If you do, it's at your own perril. God says he will take care of it when the time comes. Not that you will take care of it before he comes. Get it?
:darwinsm:

That is ridiculous! I can't imagine where you got that :pureX: from.

Jesus said that He did not want you to think that He came to bring peace. Thst is what the verse says.

And I never said anything about me killing the gays. That is supposed to be the government's job.

Note: I will be going to bed now. I will catch up on your Jesus-bashing tomorrow.

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
Wow, talk about judging!Ever hear of the Flood, Sodom and Gommorah, Herod, all the firstborn in Egypt, etc.? I never accused Jesus of murdering anyone. But He certainly has killed plenty of people. Pay attention.

First off, that wasn't Jesus, he was born MUCH later after those occurances...and according to the jewish Torah (the old testament), it was God that did those things, and God promised to never bring distruction of that nature to the world again....

jennifferdoug

Mr. 5020 said:
:darwinsm:

That is ridiculous! I can't imagine where you got that :pureX: from.

Jesus said that He did not want you to think that He came to bring peace. Thst is what the verse says.

And I never said anything about me killing the gays. That is supposed to be the government's job.

Note: I will be going to bed now. I will catch up on your Jesus-bashing tomorrow.

You ask the gov. to kill em, it's just like you pulling the switch.....they're doing it your name...are they not? It's not me who bashes Jesus but you....

They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth. I will have mercy and not sacrifice. For I am not come to call the rightous but sinners to repentence.

Mathew 9:12-13

Are gays not sinner?

JoyfulRook

jennifferdoug said:
First off, that wasn't Jesus, he was born MUCH later after those occurances...and according to the jewish Torah (the old testament), it was God that did those things, and God promised to never bring distruction of that nature to the world again....
But Jesus is God. :think:

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
First off, that wasn't Jesus, he was born MUCH later after those occurances...and according to the jewish Torah (the old testament), it was God that did those things,
So Jesus was just kidding when He said that He was with the Father before the creation of the world, and the author of John was lying when he wrote that Jesus was "with God, and was God" in the beginning? By the way, Herod was killed after Jesus was born, not before.
and God promised to never bring distruction of that nature to the world again....
Right, He wouldn't flood the earth again. But did He not kill people after that? Of course He did.

jennifferdoug

Mathew 15:3
Why do ye also transgress the commandments of God by your tradition?

Thall shall not kill is a commandment of God...you transgress it by your tradition of hate and intollerance of sinners. Homosexuals in paticular. God chooses to punish those he sees fit to punish...he does not want you to punish them....that would put you in a position of Godhood...do you think you are as worthy as God that you can judge and dole out punishment? Only God knows what is in the heart of sinners. Can you see what is in their hearts? Can you see inside a persons soul? Are you as powerful as God? You put yourself in the same seat as God sits....the seat of the Judge...this makes you arrogant and foolish.....again I say to you...you will stand before him and have to explain yourself....and since you tired out and went to bed, i'm going to another thread...may God forgive you for your arrogance. Good night. :loser:

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
So Jesus was just kidding when He said that He was with the Father before the creation of the world, and the author of John was lying when he wrote that Jesus was "with God, and was God" in the beginning? By the way, Herod was killed after Jesus was born, not before.
Right, He wouldn't flood the earth again. But did He not kill people after that? Of course He did.

He said Jesus was with God...and when Jesus was alive...and preaching and when he was in the wilderness and when he was on the cross...he prayed to himself, he asked himself to forgive them...Jesus is the SON of God, he sits at the right hand of god...Is your son, you? He is a part of you...but not you....when he talks about you, he is not you...so when Jesus said "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" and "Father why have thou forsaken me?" he was talking to himself? That would make him quite delusional. Again...these are your words not mine.....

I think...Jesus prayed to his FATHER, who is in heaven...and asked his FATHER to forgive and prayed to his FATHER every day...I don't think he would have preached his FATHER'S words and asked for forgivness from himself....you are foolish and have no understandin of what you read....but then again Jesus did say "Those that have ears will hear and those that have eyes will see."

jennifferdoug

I'm finding something more usefull to do with my time....maybe talk to someone who can challenge me for a change...Talk to ya later...have a good night..

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
Mathew 15:3
Why do ye also transgress the commandments of God by your tradition?

Thall shall not kill is a commandment of God
Are you paying attention to anything I've been saying? Murder and Killing are not the same! If someone is attacking you, and in the process of defending yourself you kill that person, are you then a murderer? Of course not! Does a soldier commit murder by killing the enemy? No! So too does the governing authorities not commit murder by executing criminals. Not only are they not sinning by doing so, they are fulfilling God's purpose for them. (see Romans 13)
...you transgress it by your tradition of hate and intollerance of sinners. Homosexuals in paticular. God chooses to punish those he sees fit to punish...he does not want you to punish them....that would put you in a position of Godhood
Once again, your ignorance is showing.
...do you think you are as worthy as God that you can judge and dole out punishment? Only God knows what is in the heart of sinners. Can you see what is in their hearts? Can you see inside a persons soul? Are you as powerful as God? You put yourself in the same seat as God sits....the seat of the Judge
Um...that has nothing to do with the discussion. Must we be able to see into the heart of a criminal in order to detemine that they committed a crime? Of course not.
...this makes you arrogant and foolish
Wow, you're really good at this whole "judging" thing! Now, if you could only figure out how to do it "rightly".

Stop being a fool and a hypocrite!

Army of One

jennifferdoug said:
He said Jesus was with God...and when Jesus was alive...and preaching and when he was in the wilderness and when he was on the cross...he prayed to himself, he asked himself to forgive them...Jesus is the SON of God, he sits at the right hand of god...Is your son, you? He is a part of you...but not you....when he talks about you, he is not you...so when Jesus said "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" and "Father why have thou forsaken me?" he was talking to himself? That would make him quite delusional. Again...these are your words not mine.....

I think...Jesus prayed to his FATHER, who is in heaven...and asked his FATHER to forgive and prayed to his FATHER every day...I don't think he would have preached his FATHER'S words and asked for forgivness from himself....you are foolish and have no understandin of what you read....but then again Jesus did say "Those that have ears will hear and those that have eyes will see."
Wow. In 40 years of study, you never caught on to the fact that the New Testament claims that Jesus is God. Way to go! Yep, you're a genius alright. :thumb:

jennifferdoug

Army of One said:
Wow. In 40 years of study, you never caught on to the fact that the New Testament claims that Jesus is God. Way to go! Yep, you're a genius alright. :thumb:
Well, whatever...I don't believe that the bible claims that Jesus is God...that's just your interpretation anyway....Don't you understand what a trinity is? But it doesn't matter to me whatsoever...I don't believe in any of that crap anyway...it's all lies and coersion to control people....you have been duped my friend....I bet you spend your life hating people and feeling miserable all the time because you feel like you are some kind of "sinner". Not to mention you're pretty self rightous. You think that you are better than others because you follow your God/Jesus/Bible. You take a book, written by several different men, 500 years after the fact, that was used to control millions of people and kill even more. You are no different than the Muslims. This religoun of yours is a fairly new idea anyway. It's only about 2500 years old. In the grande sheme of things, it's very tiny...but then again, you probably think the world was created 5,000 years ago and everything else is a deception of the devil... at least that's been my experience with some chritians...you couldn't even make a valid point to me. So many religouns over thousands and thousands of years, and you're arrogant enough to think yours is soooo unique and sooo correct. I think it's sad when people let silly ideas control their every move...when they let others control even their own thoughts and actions, when you can't even think for yourself...you have to have book tell you what you can and cannot do. I at least retain my individuality and my sense of inteligence. I don't believe in superstitions or let others tell me what to do. I don't have to have a book tell me that killing is wrong, I'm smart enough to know that. I'm fooled into thinking that i have to make others suffer to make everyone just like me. When you can give hard core facts, not just something in the bible...something historical would be nice, not just the ramblings of saint or a cult leader from the desert teaching things from 500 years before his time, in order to control his followers...then, i might listen. Until then...It's just the ramblings of someone who used one source to get their information and doesn't accually search for truth, but accepts it because his pastor told him it's so.

I still stand behind my previous statement...the world would be better off without religoun and politics as they are currently...we should wipe it clean....We can believe in God without hurting people.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
jennifferdoug said:
So, Glutony, one of the Seven Deadly Sins, is not punishible by death, but homosexuality is? Interesting.....I'd also like to know what scripture tells you to judge people....and although it's important to you that people go to heaven and not hell, it's still not your place to decide if they live or die, or if they do go to heaven or hell...that's up to God.
Seven deadly sins?!:ha:

Fortunatly, we live a free country. I certainly wouldn't want to be judged by you. Next you'll be telling me I can't wear a black dress because it's Satan's color. And I like black, it's very flattering. No matter how YOU feel, it's still none of your business what other people do with their lives. I bet you're a sinner to...unless your perfect of course. If so, I sure whould love to meet you. I've never met a perfect person...someone who never says a curse word, or never looks at a woman with lust, someone who never stole or lied or cheated. Someone who never had sex before marriage, someone who never manipulated someone or something to get what they wanted. Someone who never did anything wrong. WOW. And I seem to remember Jesus saying that "Those without sin may cast the first stone" So you MUST be without sin...all the stones your casting. If we could all be that perfect.
I know plenty of people who never had sex before marriage.

And I have been cleansed by the blood of Christ, and I am therefore no longer a sinner, I am a saint... for I have been sanctified.

And, you will be judged by us, when the day of God's judgment comes, unless you let God's judgment convict you now, and repent of your wicked ways and turn to Him before that happens.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
jennifferdoug said:
Well, today it's homosexuals, tomorrow, what's next? Homosexuals don't cause death in and of themselves...are they not human...if you prick them do they not bleed?
Actually, they do cause death. And, we are only going on what God said. We are not going to advocate the criminilization and subsequent death penalty of something He did not. Nor will we advocate the installation of laws He said were specifically for Israel.

Are they not also children of god regardless of their sin?
No. Sinners are not children of God, and children of GOd are not sinners. Try reading 1 John 3.

Is it not your duty, as a Christian to be compassionate to sinners and help them see the error of their ways? How is that accomplished by killing them? I know my bible very well....You don't know who you're arguing with....you're walking on thin ice..don't be surprised when a crack apears and you fall through... :shocked:
It is my duty as a Christian to tell them the truth, and warn them of hell. It is my duty to point them to Christ, but I can only do that for so long. And if they have committed homosexual acts they should suffer the death penalty whether they have turned to Christ or not. Just as murderers should.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
First of all, the Bible promises we will sit in the seat of judgment, on Judgment Day. Read 1 Corinthians 6:2-3.

And God killed Annanias and Sapphirah, after Jesus' ascension.