Joe Biden says he would force everyone to wear masks in public

eider

Hello chair :)
Well, Yesterday evening the whole of the UK could see President Trump on television addressing the American people, his first 'Covid-19' talk since April (we were told) and telling everyone that the sickness was a risk, that it could spike again, and that they should 'WEAR MASKS'.

They've heard it from their President at last. There will probably still be a whole bunch of whackos out there who won't wear masks, but these are the people who with their very attitudes and actions have deterred so many others from doing the sensible thing.

We could call them the SillyBillies ........ ? Just a thought. :)

chair

Well, Yesterday evening the whole of the UK could see President Trump on television addressing the American people, his first 'Covid-19' talk since April (we were told) and telling everyone that the sickness was a risk, that it could spike again, and that they should 'WEAR MASKS'.

They've heard it from their President at last. There will probably still be a whole bunch of whackos out there who won't wear masks, but these are the people who with their very attitudes and actions have deterred so many others from doing the sensible thing.

No need to call anybody anything at all. We need to do what needs to be done.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

eider

No need to call anybody anything at all. We need to do what needs to be done.

Indeed. Acknowledged.
Our new mask law comes in to force this Friday. I have no doubts at call about our people doing what needs to be done.

Our Town and City Councils have special powers now to enforce the new laws on their jurisdictions. This means that their enforcement officers can be involved where necessary.

We're going to do what needs to be done alright.

ok doser

Indeed. Acknowledged.
Our new mask law comes in to force this Friday. I have no doubts at call about our people doing what needs to be done.

Our Town and City Councils have special powers now to enforce the new laws on their jurisdictions. This means that their enforcement officers can be involved where necessary.

We're going to do what needs to be done alright.

How adorable :chuckle:

Meanwhile in the real world:

Live TV Hundreds of demonstrators, some wearing masks, protest against mask-wearing in London

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/uk/london-face-mask-protest-gbr-intl/index.html​​​​​​

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Not if the idiot Democrats have defunded the police. They won't be enforcing anything.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You missed a part of this conversation. Here it is again:
Yorzhik said:
I stand on my concern for public health and science.Since you can't stand on the scientific papers you cited, which support my view, what facts are you standing on?

Yorzhik said:
Can you quote me where I said masks are evil?

Yorzhik said:
Can you quote where I think they don't help much *because of* religious belief?

And now I'll answer your question because I'm more interested in seeking truth than winning an argument.
Why is it OK for the government to FORCE citizens to stop at red lights, pay taxes, and serve in the military- but not to wear masks?
This is a good question. In a just government:

If a person were infectious with a deadly disease and they knew it, they'd be negligent if they didn't protect themselves from others.

So there are a couple cases to look at how this is to be applied. Typhoid Mary was infectious with a serious disease while being asymptomatic. The state detained her against her will and she never conceded to being an asymptomatic carrier. But since the evidence said she was, they quarantined her but did not charge her with murder. Was that correct? Yes it was. She never intended anyone to get sick or die and with the science of the time quarantine was the best coarse - imprisonment but not the death penalty. As a side note imprisonment is a bad punishment. In a just system it is allowed while waiting for trial and because if there had been a practical way of ridding her of the disease she would have been free.

The second case is from a few years back. A homo robbed a grocery store by threatening people with what he claimed was a needle infected with HIV. He was apprehended. In a just system he would have been executed for attempted murder because he intended by his own admission to murder anyone that tried to stop him from robbing the store.

Is our current disease similar to either of these? Only if someone is symptomatic, they know it is COVID, and they intend to get someone else sick for the purpose of killing them. Since none of those things apply to a disease like COVID, a just system cannot make proactive mandates. It must only react to a situation of intent to do harm.

People don't go out of their way to get sick. They will protect themselves and their loved ones.

And if you don't agree with what I just said, you must apply your mandates to any disease.

Arthur Brain

Wait....what do you mean by "people like you"? Oh, right: People who, like me, consistently embarrass you by asking questions and levelling objections against your irrationality and hypocrisy--questions and objections that you and I both well know you have not a snowball's chance in hell of ever even trying to answer without embarrassing yourself yet more than you've already embarrassed yourself by the things you've said in the first place to have provoked my questions and objections.

But yeah...I've already, long-since noticed that you're not willing to engage in conversation with me: you never have been willing to do so. Rather, you simply write sullen, snotty post after sullen, snotty post in your arrogant, self-righteous, angry reaction to what I've written, all the while persistently stonewalling against my questions and objections, and then handing me your emotional appeals in order to try to distract attention from your pathetic failure to come up with arguments.

The fact that you have repeatedly called me "nasty", even long before I ever used the phrase, "Nazi leftard", and yet, you accuse me of speaking abusively of you by calling you a "Nazi leftard", whereas you have not the slightest conscience against speaking abusively against me by calling me "nasty", and other things....by that, alone, if you'd done nothing else on TOL, manifests you to be the glaring hypocrite that you are.

Have fun continuing on in your chagrin that you (as you and I both understand) have totally failed to defend your many and varied irrational stupidities against the truth and rational criticism that I have leveled against them!

Wow, could you be more inadvertently ironic?

He's not engaging with you because you are a self impressed, pompous, waffling dipstick who continues with the same pathetic, juvenile crap over and over again.

There's a snot nosed, sullen little brat around here and it sure ain't chair by way of.

Arthur Brain

Oh, Trump is finally declaring that people should wear masks? What a fascist! (and oh, the irony...)

These wingnuts who are snivelling on about it need to stop being dopey little snowflakes and just get on with it. Honestly, you'd think they were being told that they had to chain themselves to the floor or something. Oh, the horrors of wearing a mask...

ok doser

Oh, Trump is finally declaring that people should wear masks? What a fascist! (and oh, the irony...)

These wingnuts who are snivelling on about it need to stop being dopey little snowflakes and just get on with it. Honestly, you'd think they were being told that they had to chain themselves to the floor or something. Oh, the horrors of wearing a mask...

I wear a mask at work - it's required. When I'm just processing customers in the office it's unobtrusive. When I am riding around in the company truck it's unobtrusive.

But when I am out doing manual labor it's really really restrictive. Maybe you like doing heavy manual labor and breathing through a mask, I don't know. I don't.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I wear a mask at work - it's required. When I'm just processing customers in the office it's unobtrusive. When I am riding around in the company truck it's unobtrusive.

Looks like Dozer has finally entered the 5th and final stage of mask-wearing grief:

1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Bargaining
4) Depression
5) Acceptance

Freeloader and 7d7 are still stuck on stage 2.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

I think Trump might be pulling a fast one on the deep state. If Trump and the democrats are both in agreement that masks work, then guess what?

There is no need for mail-in voting!!! Just wear a mask in the voting booth.

OOPS! Now what dems?

eider

Not if the idiot Democrats have defunded the police. They won't be enforcing anything.

You still have not figured out that I live in England, I guess. A Conservative led country, by the way.

And chucking tribal political brickbats about is just pointless, hopeless and daft, just now.

It's no good....... Even your President is beginning to U-Turn on past ideas and policies, and the World is talking about this because its the first time that President Trump has had to openly admit that he has been dangerously wrong about about the virus which is sweeping across several of your States now, You see, he can't sack the Coronavirus..... it won't listen to him, is not under his authority, doesn't care about tribal politics, can't be stopped so easily.

eider

Poor creatures all.
They just don't know how to make a good thing out of a difficult situation.

My wife likes animals and so she (and all her work-mates) wear animal masks........, it's becoming a fashion.

Now, for example, any tribal republicans out there can do something similar. They could wear MAGAMASKS!

Put on the cap, and wear the mask. I wonder if President Trump might think of that? :D

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Now, for example, any tribal republicans out there can do something similar. They could wear MAGAMASKS!

I'm going to wear one the Democrats are going to want to make illegal. It will say, "MEMV" (Masks Eliminate Mail-in Voting).

:devil: