How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

God's Truth

Psalm 14 and Psalm 53: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

Let me help you beyond your mistaken teachers.

Romans 3:9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;

Paul explains that the Jews who were given so much were sinners.

Paul is quoting King David. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinful too. What is King David saying where Paul quotes? Listen carefully; at that time in which David speaks, the people are in a bad condition inside Israel. When the day spoken of arrived, no one searched for God.

If no one ever searched for God, ever, then how was it that the Israelites called out to God to help them when they thought God had forgotten them while they were slaves in Egypt?

Exodus 3:9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Deuteronomy 26:7
Then we cried out to the LORD, the God of our ancestors, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression.

If no one ever searched for God, then why do the scriptures say people did?

In the New Testament, when Jesus arrived, people shouted: “Son of David, have mercy on me”. They were looking for the Messiah. In the New Testament a blind man was searching for the Son of God, the prophet’s had said would come. I just showed you that people do search for God. Again, Paul was explaining that the Jews were sinners like the Gentiles, even though the Jews were supposed to be God’s Holy people.

I just want to say I have no stake in this argument one way or another. I am just confused by the whole "works/faith" debate. It seems nonsensical to me. I get the argument that people who just want to boast do not have sincere faith, but what about people who are not really that boastful? What about people who are not really all that interested in eternal life? They are called to serve, and they believe in following Christ, but they do not have much faith or strength in their beliefs? What about those people?

I'm not one of those people. Like I said, I have no stake in this argument one way or another; I'm just confused by it. But we've all known people in our lives who were dedicated helping others, and never once thought of boasting... nor did they serve for the reward they might get. They served because they were called to serve. To me, that represents an incredible faith. A faith that few have (myself included).

I think if you read the Gospels carefully, Jesus implicitly accepts these people who are simply "called to serve." Paul adds to this. He points out that it the Kingdom of Heaven isn't a "service industry" and that service alone can't save a person. He points out that grace is not earned, but given. But even taking all this into account, it is never written that those who take up their cross and follow Christ are denied because of a lack of faith. The faith/works debate is splitting hairs. I'm not super familiar with Paul's epistles, but based on my understanding of the Gospels, people who are willing to take up their cross and follow Christ are afforded salvation... no matter what.

lifeisgood

Let me help you beyond your mistaken teachers.

Romans 3:9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;

Paul explains that the Jews who were given so much were sinners.

Paul is quoting King David. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinful too. What is King David saying where Paul quotes? Listen carefully; at that time in which David speaks, the people are in a bad condition inside Israel. When the day spoken of arrived, no one searched for God.

If no one ever searched for God, ever, then how was it that the Israelites called out to God to help them when they thought God had forgotten them while they were slaves in Egypt?

Exodus 3:9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Deuteronomy 26:7
Then we cried out to the LORD, the God of our ancestors, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression.

If no one ever searched for God, then why do the scriptures say people did?

In the New Testament, when Jesus arrived, people shouted: “Son of David, have mercy on me”. They were looking for the Messiah. In the New Testament a blind man was searching for the Son of God, the prophet’s had said would come. I just showed you that people do search for God. Again, Paul was explaining that the Jews were sinners like the Gentiles, even though the Jews were supposed to be God’s Holy people.

I have reached the conclusion that you, gt, only accept those parts in the Bible you agree with.

If God says there is not one person that is good no not one, I will let God be true, and every human being a liar. And 'you' are also included in that 'every' human being, gt.

And please do not come back with your old 'oh, you are not writing good things about me'. It is old and a lie.

God's Truth

I have reached the conclusion that you, gt, only accept those parts in the Bible you agree with.

If God says there is not one person that is good no not one, I will let God be true, and every human being a liar. And 'you' are also included in that 'every' human being, gt.

And please do not come back with your old 'oh, you are not writing good things about me'. It is old and a lie.

Paul was showing that God's chosen people called the Jews were sinners at times just like the Gentiles.

The scriptures do not say no one can ever obey and seek God.

We have to seek God to find God.

God's Truth

Do you want more of God, lifeisgood?

lifeisgood

I just want to say I have no stake in this argument one way or another. I am just confused by the whole "works/faith" debate. It seems nonsensical to me. I get the argument that people who just want to boast do not have sincere faith, but what about people who are not really that boastful? What about people who are not really all that interested in eternal life? They are called to serve, and they believe in following Christ, but they do not have much faith or strength in their beliefs? What about those people?

I'm not one of those people. Like I said, I have no stake in this argument one way or another; I'm just confused by it. But we've all known people in our lives who were dedicated helping others, and never once thought of boasting... nor did they serve for the reward they might get. They served because they were called to serve. To me, that represents an incredible faith. A faith that few have (myself included).

I think if you read the Gospels carefully, Jesus implicitly accepts these people who are simply "called to serve." Paul adds to this. He points out that it the Kingdom of Heaven isn't a "service industry" and that service alone can't save a person. He points out that grace is not earned, but given. But even taking all this into account, it is never written that those who take up their cross and follow Christ are denied because of a lack of faith. The faith/works debate is splitting hairs. I'm not super familiar with Paul's epistles, but based on my understanding of the Gospels, people who are willing to take up their cross and follow Christ are afforded salvation... no matter what.

You would have to start by defining what you mean by faith, works, take up their cross (which has absolutely nothing to do with suffering BTW), etc.

You will be surprised the definitions that SOME give, which will make you doubt your own salvation if you are not really grafted into who Jesus Christ is and what Jesus Christ did at the Cross of Calvary and they can even make you doubt if you are doing enough works to deserve to be saved or to stay saved.

lifeisgood

Paul was showing that God's chosen people called the Jews were sinners at times just like the Gentiles.

Well, being that God says that you are not good and no not even you, I will let God be true, and you a liar.

You have a problem with reading the Bible for comprehension.
You MAKE the Bible say what you, gt, want the Bible to say.
And God says that is a :nono:

God says your MIXTURE of His Truth is a total lie.

What part of God's word you DISAGREE with, gt:
as it is written: “NONE is righteous, no, NOT ONE; NO ONE understands; NO ONE seeks for God. ALL have turned aside; together they have become worthless; NO ONE does good, NO NOT even one.” (Rom. 3:10-12).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A foolish response.
Obeying one point of the law, while disobeying other points of the law is not obeying GOD.

Or ....

Matthew 18 KJV
(12) How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

Who was the one seeking here?

Luke 19 KJV
(10) For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Who was the one seeking here?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You have her pegged well.