Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
FOX CEO James Murdoch issued a personal statement in the wake of the Charlottesville murder. It reads, in part:

Friends,

I’m writing to you in a personal capacity, as a concerned citizen and a father. It has not been my habit to widely offer running commentary on current affairs, nor to presume to weigh in on the events of a given day save those that might be of particular or specific concern to 21CF and my colleagues. But what we watched this last week in Charlottesville and the reaction to it by the President of the United States concern all of us as Americans and free people.

These events remind us all why vigilance against hate and bigotry is an eternal obligation — a necessary discipline for the preservation of our way of life and our ideals. The presence of hate in our society was appallingly laid bare as we watched swastikas brandished on the streets of Charlottesville and acts of brutal terrorism and violence perpetrated by a racist mob. I can’t even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists. Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Um, right.....

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets... Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great..." Mat.*5:17-19

https://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-death-penalty.html

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In an attempt to shift the focus from his moral equivalency gaffe within the context of the Charlottesville tragedy, the president has presented the notion that removing the monuments to the Confederate leaders and state will lead to the removal of monuments to men like Washington and Jefferson, who were themselves owners of slaves. "Where does it end?" he asks, as if his conclusion were foregone. But is it?

What the president overlooks is a crucial distinction, that our recognition and monuments acknowledging the contributions of Washington and Jefferson are not commemorating their moral flaws and are not in defense, let alone celebration of them. Rather, Jefferson is regarded for his essential contributions to the life and form of the Republic and Washington is revered for his martial leadership and his steady hand in steering our fledgling state on a straight and democratic course. The monuments venerating the service of those like Lee, Jefferson Davis, and others are invariably paying homage to the cause they served, to that institution and its spirit as much as they will ever be to the men themselves, a thing evidenced by proclamations and the uniforms and flags that attend them. And what those men served, some by sincere belief in it and others in spite of recognizing its taint, was a national evil, a cancer on the conscience of our United States.

For the president to seriously suggest an equivalence in advancing this domino theory is to compound his prior lapse of judgment and bring into further and serious question his ability to lead us through this dangerous period in American history, let alone unify his people.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In an attempt to shift the focus from his moral equivalency gaffe within the context of the Charlottesville tragedy, the president has presented the notion that removing the monuments to the Confederate leaders and state will lead to the removal of monuments to men like Washington and Jefferson, who were themselves owners of slaves. "Where does it end?" he asks, as if his conclusion were foregone. But is it?

What the president overlooks is a crucial distinction, that our recognition and monuments acknowledging the contributions of Washington and Jefferson are not commemorating their moral flaws and are not in defense, let alone celebration of them. Rather, Jefferson is regarded for his essential contributions to the life and form of the Republic and Washington is revered for his martial leadership and his steady hand in steering our fledgling state on a straight and democratic course. The monuments venerating the service of those like Lee, Jefferson Davis, and others are invariably paying homage to the cause they served, to that institution and its spirit as much as they will ever be to the men themselves, a thing evidenced by proclamations and the uniforms and flags that attend them. And what those men served, some by sincere belief in it and others in spite of recognizing its taint, was a national evil, a cancer on the conscience of our United States.

For the president to seriously suggest an equivalence in advancing this domino theory is to compound his prior lapse of judgment and bring into further and serious question his ability to lead us through this dangerous period in American history, let alone unify his people.
He was probably watching Fox News before saying that. :plain:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/16/16157454/trump-charlottesville-fox-news

Trump on Confederate statues coming down: “Was George Washington a slaveowner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down … statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson?” Fox News host Martha MacCallum: “You could make an argument for Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Are you going to change the name of the Washington Monument?”

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Interestingly enough, he still hasn't labelled all of these neo-nazi groups as terrorists.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Trump on Confederate statues coming down: “Was George Washington a slaveowner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down … statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson?” Fox News host Martha MacCallum: “You could make an argument for Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Are you going to change the name of the Washington Monument?”
It was foreseeable as it was willfully ignorant, a real problem in some circles these days. Though to be fair to Fox, a few there haven't been as quick to confuse bathwater and baby these days.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For the president to seriously suggest an equivalence in advancing this domino theory [first Confederate monuments/later the Washington monument, etc.] is to compound his prior lapse of judgment and bring into further and serious question his ability to lead us through this dangerous period in American history, let alone unify his people.
Well, we know he probably wasn't reading a history book. :poly:

This has to be what my grandfather felt like when he watched men land on the moon...how is it possible? If in a completely different way, of course.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yep. And the false narrative that Trump is in any way responsible. Who was responsible for a BLM radical killing FIVE police officers? Or Steve Scalise being hunted with a rifle by a radical leftist? Antifa wears masks, what does that tell you?

I try to be careful when assigning blame for something like this. White supremacists have been emboldened since Trump. Where I debate is how much of that can be directly tied to Trump. I do think he took a more passive stance toward them because he liked having their support and enthusiasm. But how does that translate to a tragedy like Charlottesville? Whether or not Trump should be given any responsibility for C-ville I think the events should cause him to take a look at how he approaches them going forward. It may be too late for him to change much though.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history

As Sarah Posner and David Neiwert reported at Mother Jones, what the media largely treated as gaffes — Trump retweeting white nationalists, Trump describing Mexican immigrants as "rapists" and criminals — were to white supremacists real signals approving of their racist causes. One white supremacist wrote, "Our Glorious Leader and ULTIMATE SAVIOR has gone full-wink-wink-wink to his most aggressive supporters."

Some of them even argued that Trump has softened the greater public to their racist messaging. "The success of the Trump campaign just proves that our views resonate with millions," said Rachel Pendergraft, a national organizer for the Knights Party, which succeeded David Duke’s Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. "They may not be ready for the Ku Klux Klan yet, but as anti-white hatred escalates, they will."

drbrumley

Funny coming from a guy who still doesn't know what the Civil War was about...maybe you should work in the White House. I hear there are openings daily.

LOL!!! Well I know what the civil war was about.....you can cite state declarations till the cows come home, and make excuses for Lincoln all you want. If that is what floats your boat...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
LOL!!! Well I know what the civil war was about.....you can cite state declarations till the cows come home, and make excuses for Lincoln all you want. If that is what floats your boat...
Yes, dr, facts float my boat. What the men who launched that war said about why they launched it, by way of...but your creative revisionist take is fun too. :plain:

And seriously, anyone who isn't under the age of fifteen or wearing glitter should refrain from using "lol" in any circumstance.