Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SondySquirrelly

Fruit has to do with sanctification not conversion.
Actually fruit is acts of Godliness.
Acts as in action Truster.
'Spouter of Nonsense'
You are too busy arguing instead of uplifting. Tearing down instead of building up.
Judging.
Pride over humility.

'It also opens the door for every idiot and his brother to start derailing the thread with imagined nonsense.'
------Truster.

You are DERAILING THIS THREAD WITH IMAGINED NONSENSE....IDIOT WIND.

CHECK YOURSELF.
DON'T RESPOND.
GO PRAY TO GOD WITH AN OPEN HEART, HUMILITY, AND OPEN MIND!!!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

SondySquirrelly

I'm going to PM you a link to something you might want to read. It will either enlighten you or bore you to death. Which that is out of my hands. Forgive my holding back, but I've been led a merry dance on here by people who come across as sincere, but...
MERRY DANCE?
You mock others and spew words like they are gospel.
You act a false prophet. I read your spiels and think you may not even know.
You appear to be manipulated by merry little monsters whispering into your unconscious that you are a prophet writing new scripture with the authority of an Apostle.
Heed my words Truster.
Say less until you know more.
I'm truly worried about your status with God.
Are you spending time alone with Him.
Studying scripture and listening enough?
How long ago were you 'saved'?

glorydaz

By your own efforts? In what way thanks

When we're led by the Spirit to do something, there will be no place for us to boast, and it probably won't be easy, but we will have peace nevertheless.

It's a matter of motive, don't you think? If we do it because we think it's something Christians should do, or we will be proving something to onlookers or God, or it's required to be holy, or it will make us feel good, then it's of the flesh.

SondySquirrelly

Hi, God's Truth. Hope it's OK to ask. What is different about a person who is made righteous, sanctified and purified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did try to PM you.

I'll just paste it here:

I'm truly disturbed by some of this stuff here.
Another thread today i think. Jacob is being persecuted for being Jewish i think.
And then this 'Do you still play cowboys and injuns' poster chiming in.
Jacob knew nothing of this.
I'm a creative writer so i got pretty creative to stop the 'nonsense' that 'derailed' the thread started by Jacob

I'm thinking maybe a thread on the fruits of the spirit and deeds of the flesh.
But will it get dissected into "word salad"..thus confetti of scripture...so we are doing nothing productive here?

Or the Sermon on the Mount.

The first few verses of John.
Idk.
The Spirit of the Word is getting lost in these 'kids' playing 'Who's a better Christian' egocentric bull crud.
Ok.
I'm in PM.

Nice see a patient practice of showing the ridiculousness of this word obsession...with a kind tone.
And no anger....like i get.
Secondary emotion it is...to pain or fear.
In this case a little of both.
Yikes.

I thought we really talk among intelligent educated amateur theologians here.
Not right wing reactionaries...
And it costs to join and some point?
Oi

SondySquirrelly

That is utter nonsense.

You cram them all together as if it is one big single step.

Tell me; does faith grow?

I'm done for now.

I just can't....not right now.

Getting close to 3000 posts in this thread and for what?

I hope one person got something out of it. And I don't mean a contentious spirit.

I'm out

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
Another thread today i think. Jacob is being persecuted for being Jewish i think.
I'm a creative writer so i got pretty creative to stop the 'nonsense' that 'derailed' the thread started by Jacob

But will it get dissected into "word salad"..thus confetti of scripture...so we are doing nothing productive here?

Idk.
The Spirit of the Word is getting lost in these 'kids' playing 'Who's a better Christian' egocentric bull crud.
Ok.
I'm in PM.

Nice see a patient practice of showing the ridiculousness of this word obsession...with a kind tone.
Yikes.

Oi

I wrote this to Spocktrates.
Yeah. Postthebuilder.
Weird group....spooky Christianity afooot

SondySquirrelly

That is utter nonsense.

You cram them all together as if it is one big single step.

Tell me; does faith grow?

I'm done for now.

I just can't....not right now.

Getting close to 3000 posts in this thread and for what?

I hope one person got something out of it. And I don't mean a contentious spirit.

I'm out

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Idk.
Ok.
I'm in PM.

Yikes.

Oi
(To Spockrates who is patient like vulcan. Calculated like....a veteran? Love to know his MOS.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When we're led by the Spirit to do something, there will be no place for us to boast, and it probably won't be easy, but we will have peace nevertheless.

It's a matter of motive, don't you think? If we do it because we think it's something Christians should do, or we will be proving something to onlookers or God, or it's required to be holy, or it will make us feel good, then it's of the flesh.
Everybody wants to feel good

marhig

I do agree with that yes, I see works mentioned a lot on here, but when I say works, I don't mean the works of the flesh, or the works that people say how nice I am. When I talk about works, I'm talking about works that's glorify God.

If we are crucified with Christ, then we should be dying to our old self, and the lusts of our flesh should be going, this should never be done to take glory for ourselves, we should never take praise, but rather glorify God. I don't try to turn from sin to please myself, my flesh is a disgrace, God is helping me to overcome my flesh by his power, not my own. I can't do it myself. And as I'm dying daily, then God is becoming stronger, and the life of Christ is seen more and more in my life, all this is to glorify God, not myself.

My life is gone, that is what I believe to be crucified with Christ means, my old Life of loving myself before God and putting myself first has gone. I have got no interest whatsoever in people upping me in the flesh, and everything that has happened to me is all the works of God. I would never ever be strong enough to overcome my flesh, or this world without God. Without God and Christ I'd still be dead in my sins. And now that I know him, I know that I am to turn from sin to please him and live by his will for him.

That what I believe the following verse means

Galatians 5

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

We are to put to death the flesh, but we can't do that without the power of the Spirit helping us to overcome. I can't do anything without God, I need the power of his Spirit to do so, and the only way is through Christ.

ClimateSanity

Perfect definition.

God's Truth

Boasting for obeying Jesus is not something people who obey Jesus do, for they are 'humble' people.
As for Jesus' works, he says they are easy.
There is never a wrong time to obey Jesus.
Onlookers? Who is watching you? We should be concerned what God thinks of us.
It should make you feel good to do right.

glorydaz

I do agree with that yes, I see works mentioned a lot on here, but when I say works, I don't mean the works of the flesh, or the works that people say how nice I am. When I talk about works, I'm talking about works that's glorify God.

If we are crucified with Christ, then we should be dying to our old self, and the lusts of our flesh should be going, this should never be done to take glory for ourselves, we should never take praise, but rather glorify God. I don't try to turn from sin to please myself, my flesh is a disgrace, God is helping me to overcome my flesh by his power, not my own. I can't do it myself. And as I'm dying daily, then God is becoming stronger, and the life of Christ is seen more and more in my life, all this is to glorify God, not myself.

My life is gone, that is what I believe to be crucified with Christ means, my old Life of loving myself before God and putting myself first has gone. I have got no interest whatsoever in people upping me in the flesh, and everything that has happened to me is all the works of God. I would never ever be strong enough to overcome my flesh, or this world without God. Without God and Christ I'd still be dead in my sins. And now that I know him, I know that I am to turn from sin to please him and live by his will for him.

That what I believe the following verse means

Galatians 5

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

We are to put to death the flesh, but we can't do that without the power of the Spirit helping us to overcome. I can't do anything without God, I need the power of his Spirit to do so, and the only way is through Christ.

Notice the words...."have crucified"....by believing the Gospel. Not by our own efforts.

You should think about what Paul tells us in Romans 6. "Reckon yourself to be dead to sin". It is something that people find impossible to believe. Yet, Paul says to do just that. It's so much easier to swallow the lie that we just can't help but sin...living in this body of flesh the way we do. But the fact is....we really are dead to sin.

This is a fact...not a maybe or sometimes.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.​

Shall I say, "I just can't help it." Or shall I say, "I really am dead to sin." Reckon it to be so and you'll find it is so.

Why? Because we obeyed the Gospel and have been crucified with Christ (done deal). We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. Don't fall for the lie that we need to struggle against sin. We are dead to it.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

glorydaz

Boasting for obeying Jesus is not something people who obey Jesus do, for they are 'humble' people.
As for Jesus' works, he says they are easy.
There is never a wrong time to obey Jesus.
Onlookers? Who is watching you? We should be concerned what God thinks of us.
It should make you feel good to do right.

One minute you boast, and the next you tell us how humble you are.

It should make you ashamed to do that.

marhig

Notice the words...."have crucified"....by believing the Gospel. Not by our own efforts.

You should think about what Paul tells us in Romans 6. "Reckon yourself to be dead to sin". It is something that people find impossible to believe. Yet, Paul says to do just that. It's so much easier to swallow the lie that we just can't help but sin...living in this body of flesh the way we do. But the fact is....we really are dead to sin.

This is a fact...not a maybe or sometimes.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.​

Shall I say, "I just can't help it." Or shall I say, "I really am dead to sin." Reckon it to be so and you'll find it is so.

Why? Because we obeyed the Gospel and have been crucified with Christ (done deal). We are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. Don't fall for the lie that we need to struggle against sin. We are dead to it.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​
So my question to you is this, can you go out and purposely go and do something that you know is wrong before God?

Status
Not open for further replies.