Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Paul was not yet saved on that road to Damascus when he finally believed.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

Truster

1 Timothy 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Belief or faith is a gift and it is provided and exercised during regeneration. Faith, belief or trust is proof of salvation and not the cause. You are obviously confused and there is nothing I can do about that.

God's Truth

Belief or faith is a gift and it is provided and exercised during regeneration. Faith, belief or trust is proof of salvation and not the cause. You are obviously confused and there is nothing I can do about that.

No one is regenerated before they believe and repent.

Give the scripture that says God saves unbelievers.

Spockrates

Foundation.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith. ...

We have to repent of our sins.

Yeah, yeah. But I'm still wondering in what way we must repent.

For example, I saw a movie on Netflix, recently about Franciscan missionaries to feudal Japan. The story had a Japanese Christian who betrayed the missionaries again and again, but each time he returned and asked one of the missionaries to hear his confession and forgive him.

It seemed to me that the one betraying might have repented with his mind (acknowledging each time that his behavior was reprehensible) but likely never repented with his works (changing his behavior so as to stop committing the sin he asked to be forgiven for).

So I'd still like to know if you believe both methods of repentance are required to escape the eternal consequences for one's own wrong thinking and doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truster

For example, I saw a movie on Netflix, recently about Franciscan missionaries to feudal Japan. The story had a Japanese Christian who betrayed the missionaries again and again, but each time he returned and asked one of the missionaries to hear his confession and forgive him.

It seemed to me that the one betraying might have repented with his mind (acknowledging each time that his behavior was reprehensible) but likely never repented with his works (changing his behavior so as to stop committing the sin he asked to be forgiven for).

So I'd still like to know if you believe both methods of repentance are required to escape the eternal consequences for one's own wrong thinking and doing.

Repentance does not mean sorry. Repentance does generate heart felt sorrow, but sorrow is not what repentance is. Sorrow is on two differing levels. Sorrow of the world which is spoken at the drop of a hat. It has no depth, is almost immediately forgotten and the matter for what "sorry" was expressed is repeated time and again.

Then we have reverent sorrow that is from the heart(will). It is sincere and makes sure the matter is not repeated. This sorrow flows from repentance, but as I said, it is the effect or fruit of repentance. This true sorrow also generates further repentance.
The betrayal being repeated proves that it was sorrow, as the world knows sorrow, and not the fruit of repentance."By their fruit ye shall know them".

"For reverent sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death". 2 Corinthians 7:10

This verse condemns insincere sorrow. So everytime someone says sorry to you as you go through your day. They are killing themselves, because worldly sorrow worketh death.

popsthebuilder

Your own words condemn you.

..and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Says the scripture, says the Holy Spirit and says the Messiah. Threefold witness against you.
That is just way of saying we are held accountable and the golden rule.

I did not mean to thank or thumbs up that remark.

You don't seem to have worked on that pride yet.

Maybe you might consider following the example if the Christ in reference to humility.

Just a friendly suggestion.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

That is just way of saying we are held accountable and the golden rule.

I did not mean to thank or thumbs up that remark.

You don't seem to have worked on that pride yet.

Maybe you might consider following the example if the Christ in reference to humility.

Just a friendly suggestion.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

You mistakenly call it pride when it is absolute trust in absolute truth. In doing so you call good evil and call light darkness. Your kind mocked Messiah on the tree.

Maybe you should stop spouting your nonsense before your foot slides.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You mistakenly call it pride when it is absolute trust in absolute truth. In doing so you call good evil and call light darkness. Your kind mocked Messiah on the tree.

Maybe you should stop spouting your nonsense before your foot slides.

You sure are full of yourself and prideful believing God chose you to be saved.

You say you are not a Calvinist, yet what you believe in this surely is Calvinism.

Truster

You sure are full of yourself and prideful believing God chose you to be saved.

You say you are not a Calvinist, yet what you believe in this surely is Calvinism.

Predetermination is taught throughout the scriptures. If I halal(glory) then I halal in the fact I comprehend and know my Maker and Saviour and in this I obey His command.

Jeremiah 9:24 KJV

Yet again you call good evil. If you knew and understood the scriptures you wouldn't speak such evil against obedience.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Predetermination is taught throughout the scriptures. If I halal(glory) then I halal in the fact I comprehend and know my Makes and Saviour and in this I obey His command.

Jeremiah 9:24 KJV

You misuse and twist the Scripture. That's what happens when you don't honor Jesus' teachings.

God's Truth

I see what you mean. Does the person really want to obey and can't seem to do it? Jesus tells us how to stop sinning. We have to do what Jesus says. The Bible says to fear the Lord. We really have to fear God. The fear of God will help you stop sins. You will then see how you can take pleasure in the fear of the Lord. Isaiah 11:3 and he will delight in the fear of the LORD.
In addition, you should hate what is evil. That is what the Bible says. Obey what the Word of God says. If you do not hate what is evil, think about it and keep hating it until you really hate it.
The Bible tells us many things to help us, we just have to do what he says.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And this is reminder Truster, you are one of majority which is in the wide gate.

Your prideful attitude sure is majority thing too.

Truster

PS you always spout devilish opinion, but never use the scriptures. Or when you do use the scriptures it's for yet more devilish opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.