Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Yes, sorry for being clear as mud! So is it fair to say you believe believing isn't sufficient to save? One must also, "repent of doing"? That is, am I correct in thinking you are saying both are necessary requirements of escaping God's punishment after death?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is right.
Jesus saves us all on his own, but he chooses whom he saves. Jesus tells us he chooses those who do what he says, he says to humble yourself and repent of your sins, and many other things.

Spockrates

That is right.
Jesus saves us all on his own, but he chooses whom he saves. Jesus tells us he chooses those who do what he says, he says to humble yourself and repent of your sins, and many other things.

So is it correct to say you aren't one of those Christians who is fond of the phrase, "We are saved by grace alone through faith alone"?

God's Truth

So is it correct to say you aren't one of those Christians who is fond of the phrase, "We are saved by grace alone through faith alone"?

That phrase comes from false teachers.

The only time faith alone is mentioned in the Bible is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.

popsthebuilder

This message is hidden because daqq is on your ignore list.

http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3733-Ignore-List-for-information-purposes-only

In case you wonder why I don't respond to anything you say it is probably because you have said things in the past that were heretical, vile, derogatory or simply rude. This might have been to me or to others. I then realised that there would be nothing that you have to say that I would want to hear. And that there would be nothing that I can say that you would be able to hear.
Have you noticed the things you direct towards others?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

Those that have received precious trust and are walking in the narrow way ignore and avoid those who are in the broad way. The path to destruction adherents are always trying to entice us* by sweet talk or anger, by complement or attack. The more they see the impossibility of bringing us* over to their broad way the more annoyed they get.

Thank you one and all for confirming this point. I am abundantly blessed in the knowledge of the Sovereign Might and the Promise to keep us* from harm.

Us* the redeemed, regenerate, repentant sinners. amen, amen and amen.

PS I use the term "amen" in full knowledge of what it means.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Those that have received precious trust and are walking in the narrow way ignore and avoid those who are in the broad way. The path to destruction adherents are always trying to entice us* by sweet talk or anger, by complement or attack. The more they see the impossibility of bringing us* over to their broad way the more annoyed they get.

Thank you one and all for confirming this point. I am abundantly blessed in the knowledge of the Sovereign Might and the Promise to keep us* from harm.

God bless you and may He take away your bitterness.

Love, in Christ.

Truster

God bless you and may He take away your bitterness.

Love, in Christ.

My hatred against the enemies of Messiah is sanctified. Your hypocrisy is not.

"Do I not hate those who hate You, O Yah Veh? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?"

Truster

Your judgement does not harmonize with Jesus' Spirit.

Humility is a must in true Jesus' followers.

Arrogance is Jesus' enemy.

Peace in Christ.

Like many people you confuse arrogance with authority. That would be those that speak with the authority of the word. Humility does not include allowing people to speak lies and diminish truth in their statements. Did Paul lack humility when he confronted Peter. In you mind he would have.

"Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins".​

You would rewrite that as:
Cry softly and nicely, speak quietly incase anyone is offended or see the error of their ways...​
But then you backstab and issue despicable words. Your pretence at humility is an abomination in the face of Him with whom you will answer to.

God's Truth

You are the one with the rough talk, the attacking and anger.

It is not sweet talk to encourage others in the Lord. Paul says he was refreshed in the Lord by some.

Was Paul merely sweet talking? No.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

2 Timothy 1:16 May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains.

1 Corinthians 16:18 For they refreshed my spirit and yours as well. Show your appreciation, therefore, to such men.

Philippians 2:29 So then, welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor people like him,

Truster

You are the one with the rough talk, the attacking and anger.

It is not sweet talk to encourage others in the Lord. Paul says he was refreshed in the Lord by some.

Was Paul merely sweet talking? No.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.

2 Timothy 1:16 May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains.

1 Corinthians 16:18 For they refreshed my spirit and yours as well. Show your appreciation, therefore, to such men.

Philippians 2:29 So then, welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor people like him,

I'm not trying to encourage you. You need no encouragement to evil as you have proven time and again.

Spockrates

That phrase comes from false teachers.

The only time faith alone is mentioned in the Bible is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.

Thank you. So I'm wondering about this repentance that is required to escape judgement after death. Some tell me it's a change of mind, others explain that it's a change of behavior, and others say it's the same as faith. But what do you think?

God's Truth

Thank you.
You are welcome.
The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.
James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

Faith alone without works is dead. Our faith must be alive. Faith with obedience is living faith.
The works we do not have to do to justify ourselves is be circumcised, observe special days, and sacrifice animals. Those are the works that Paul is speaking about, but people misunderstand Paul to their destruction. It is beyond absurd to think Paul is rebuking people from obeying Jesus.
Peter tells us that people misunderstand Paul. Right after Peter says that, he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

So I'm wondering about this repentance that is required to escape judgement after death. Some tell me it's a change of mind, others explain that it's a change of behavior, and others say it's the same as faith. But what do you think?

We have to repent of our sins.

God's Truth

Your own words condemn you.

..and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Says the scripture, says the Holy Spirit and says the Messiah. Threefold witness against you.

There is no scripture that says what you base your beliefs on. Nowhere in the Bible does it say God saves unbelievers.

Truster

Messiah said, "I have come to seek and to save that which is lost". By lost He didn't mean geographically, but atheist and in the world without hope, without trust and without the ability to repent=lost.

God's Truth

Messiah said, "I have come to seek and to save that which is lost". By lost He didn't mean geographically, but atheist and in the world without hope, without trust and without the ability to repent=lost.

That scripture is about Jesus coming to save the LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL. Those are the people who already belonged to God by faith with obedience.

They were God's, they now had to go through Jesus to remain God's. Jesus said he would not lose any that God gave him. They were lost because they did not have a good shepherd to shepherd them.

Truster

That scripture is about Jesus coming to save the LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL. Those are the people who already belonged to God by faith with obedience.

They were God's, they now had to go through Jesus to remain God's. Jesus said he would not lose any that God gave him.

You should read Romans 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.