ECT The Real Most Miisunderstood Passage in the Bible John 3

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
When I spoke of the law of Moses I referred specifically to James 2:10 and that is not in regard to 613 commandments.

Of course James is referring to all 613. The Bible nowhere delegates the 613 laws into the "ceremonial " sacrificial" etc etc. I'll wait while you try and look for those divisions that do not appear anywhere in the Torah.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

Of course James is referring to all 613. The Bible nowhere delegates the 613 laws into the "ceremonial " sacrificial" etc etc. I'll wait while you try and look for those divisions that do not appear anywhere in the Torah.

I'm the one who asked about "ceremonial laws". Jerry specified the Ten.

oatmeal

Paul said we in Christ are a new creation. That isn't what the Lord said to Nicodemus. He said you have to be born twice. There are 2 important things here, and they are almost always not covered, unless StP steps in and points it out to you.

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?

By the way, Nicodemus's follow up question was spot on. He was openly mocked by the Lord Jesus Christ, whom was a genuine truth smacker. He was a teacher of Israel (like Interplanner) and knew not those things. The Lord Jesus Christ apeared from behind locked doors, vanished from their sight. They didn't know where he came from or where he went.

Let's debate. John 3:16 is often rolled into it.

Have you considered that there is a difference in meaning between "born again" and being "in Christ"???

Jerry Shugart

At Romans 3:20 Paul speaks of the Law and he says that it is the knowledge of sin. He is obviously referring to the moral law (see Ro.7:7).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you are not born again? If that is true then you will not be able to see the kingdom (Jn.3:3), much less enter it.

Is that what you believe?

I have not been resurrected. Have you? Can you appear from behind locked doors and vanish from people's sight? Do you come and go where people don't know where you came from and then where you went?

Jerry Shugart

I have not been resurrected. Have you? Can you appear from behind locked doors and vanish from people's sight? Do you come and go where people don't know where you came from and then where you went?

Being born again has nothing to do with being resurrected. Instead, people are born again when they believe the gospel:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

glorydaz

Being born again has nothing to do with being resurrected. Instead, people are born again when they believe the gospel:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,​

glorydaz

James is referring to the 613 provisions of the Mosaic Covenant.

How do you figure that?

James 1:10-11 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.​

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How do you figure that?

James 1:10-11 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.​

My observation is that MADists are not good students of the Old Testament, very poor. Outside from their dispensationalist separating of Israel from the church, they're weak. Thus Arnold 's book - Israelology the Missing Link in Systematic Theology.

I sound like a jerk and I am one but you really need to rethink your understanding of the law. Your far from understanding its purpose in a complete and fuller way as I do. That's why you don't see the fact (little sister) that the law of Moses was one complete unit comprising 613 laws that James said if you've blown even one that you're now guilty of having broken all 613 of them.

The question is why can't you see that?
Better get back to school littlin.

glorydaz

My observation is that MADists are not good students of the Old Testament, very poor. Outside from their dispensationalist separating of Israel from the church, they're weak. Thus Arnold 's book - Israelology the Missing Link in Systematic Theology.

I sound like a jerk and I am one but you really need to rethink your understanding of the law. Your far from understanding its purpose in a complete and fuller way as I do. That's why you don't see the fact (little sister) that the law of Moses was one complete unit comprising 613 laws that James said if you've blown even one that you're now guilty of having broken all 613 of them.

The question is why can't you see that?
Better get back to school littlin.

Because it's a load of bull.

Don't worry, I've been reading lots of bull lately.

Like we have to be saved before we can believe. Like man is too depraved to ever seek God.

:think: I wonder why so many people went up to the top of mountains, and called out for God to hear them? Maybe they just hoped to hear an echo. I wonder why people fall on their knees and beg to be heard? These are things we should ponder. Why can't you see that?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Because it's a load of bull.

Don't worry, I've been reading lots of bull lately.

Like we have to be saved before we can believe. Like man is too depraved to ever seek God.

:think: I wonder why so many people went up to the top of mountains, and called out for God to hear them? Maybe they just hoped to hear an echo. I wonder why people fall on their knees and beg to be heard? These are things we should ponder. Why can't you see that?

Sweat love, I didn't mean it like that. Come now, don't despair, we're on the same wavelength you and i.

oatmeal

Of course, that is my point with the thread. I can not do John 3:8, and all born of the Spirit can do it.

To be born again, I Peter 1:23, is the event that is is also referred by other terms, saved, "now are we sons of God" it refers to our standing in God's household as sons of God.

However, our state may fluctuate as in any household, job, memmbership in a club, etc. As we adhere to the policies, rules, laws of a household, job... we are in a positive state, we are doing well and appreciated by those we serve, however, if we disobey, our state deteriorates.

I John speaks of having fellowship with other believers and God and Jesus Christ, when we live according to God's word, we flourish, we are "in Christ"

When we break that fellowship by disobedience, we are still sons of God, but we are no longer in Christ.

The parable in Luke of the second son who sinned and wasted his inheritance and found himself living with the pigs received the results of his disobedience, he brought it upon himself. When he realized his state, when he came to himself and realized what he had when he did obey his father, he decided to go back to his father and his father welcomed his son back. The sinful son was always a son, regardless of his disobedience, but flourished only when he did the father's will.

When we do what we are supposed to be doing, we are "in Christ" and when we are truly committed to being in Christ no matter what, we get to the state of being "in the Lord" as Ephesians speaks of.

Jerry Shugart

1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,​

That passage is speaking about something which will happen in the future, the same "hope" spoken of at Titus 2:3.

But being "born again" happens the moment a person believes the gospel:

Here the Greek word translated "being born again" is in the "present" tense, proving that being born again has nothing to do with being resurrected from the dead.