Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate Thinks God is Through With Humanity

Robert Pate Thinks God is Through With Humanity

In a sense God is through with humanity.

He sent his only begotten Son into the world to atone for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus now owns everything, the lost as well as the saved. He bought everything and everyone.

When God looks at this sinful world all that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ. If God saw this world as it is, there would be judgment and condemnation.
How then can God consign anyone to eternal punishment if He has no actual knowledge of what warranted a person's judgement? When God the Son declared Judas the son of perdition, was He just guessing?

AMR

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
That is not an answer, Robert. Be specific. You have made statements that imply God is not all-knowing, for example,

This implies that there are things going on in His creation that God does not know about. Are you an open theist? For that matter, I doubt that even an open theist would claim that God is very absent from what is happening on the earth.

These statements accord with your most recent claim that God is only sovereign in certain situations.

I am simply asking, as are others, for you to expand upon these statements and offer some clear explanations in support of these naked claims. Why are you resistant to giving an account for what you are asserting?

AMR

I have told you before and I am telling you again, God does NOTHING outside of his holy, just, merciful and righteous nature.

This leaves Calvinism out. God does not predestinate people to hell before they are born. If God did that he would be unjust.

If Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world then he is not Lord. If Jesus is not Lord then everyone is lost and without hope.

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope, that sounds perfect but you also teach that GOD created us evil sinners by making us humans in Adam

AND

that HE knew before their creation who would end in hell but created them anyway...!!!
two of the biggest blasphemies against HIS perfect loving righteousness and both are underpinnings of orthodox theology.

God created Adan as innocent. Adam by his own free will chose to sin against God. Since Adam was the head of the human race we became sinners, Romans 5:12.

You now have a choice, you can accept Christ as your savior, or you can reject Christ as your savior. Either way God is just. He provides and allows you to chose.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
In a sense God is through with humanity.

He sent his only begotten Son into the world to atone for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus now owns everything, the lost as well as the saved. He bought everything and everyone.

When God looks at this sinful world all that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ. If God saw this world as it is, there would be judgment and condemnation.

Are you denying Jesus is God? Does He intervene in what He cant see?

Robert Pate

Banned
How then can God consign anyone to eternal punishment if He has no actual knowledge of what warranted a person's judgement? When God the Son declared Judas the son of perdition, was He just guessing?

AMR

There will be a judgment when Christ returns.

It will be a judgment of believers and unbelievers. All that are not in Christ and posses the Holy Spirit will be condemned.

Judas was not condemned to hell, but was labeled as a son of perdition. The judgment has not taken place yet.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate Evades The Matter of Everlasting Punishment

Robert Pate Evades The Matter of Everlasting Punishment

I have told you before and I am telling you again, God does NOTHING outside of his holy, just, merciful and righteous nature.

This leaves Calvinism out. God does not predestinate people to hell before they are born. If God did that he would be unjust.

If Jesus did not atone for all of the sins of the world then he is not Lord. If Jesus is not Lord then everyone is lost and without hope.
OK, Robert.

You are being intentially evasive in refusing to provide direct answers to specific questions. I think you are just feeling your way around this topic for you really do not have an answer to your odd statements relating to what God knows and does not know.

AMR

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
OK, Robert.

You are being intentially evasive in refusing to provide direct answers to specific questions. I think you are just feeling your way around this topic for you really do not have an answer to your odd statements relating to what God knows and does not know.

AMR

You are getting answers, but because you don't like the answers, you go deaf, dumb and blind.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's cause he doesn't believe that the sinners Christ died for were reconciled to God while being unbelievers and enemies Rom. 5:10.

The scripture plainly tells us that Jesus has ALREADY reconciled the whole world to God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

But you are like a child in a candy store, you only pick what you like.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate Denies Luke 16:14-31

Robert Pate Denies Luke 16:14-31

Judas was not condemned to hell, but was labeled as a son of perdition. The judgment has not taken place yet.
Robert, Judas is suffering right now. He is not in some holding pen with all the dead hanging around. He is being tormented right now just as is the rich man in hell, being tormented (Luke 16:14-31). You have not explained your statements in light of my response.

AMR

Last edited: