Spoiler
panther0360459679457654.JPG

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not necessarily proud of my heritage (most of my uncles were members of the KKK before I was born). But, I'm not ashamed of my skin color, like I've been told I should be by many people. I think, with me, that I'm more proud of things that I can control in my life than the things I cannot control. I don't feel guilty for being white or for the things my ancestors did. I have nothing to do with any of that. I also know that, without God, I wouldn't be the person I am. Thank you, God, for allowing me to go through what I have.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
How many different ethnicities and cultural backgrounds are children exposed to in their homeschooling environment?

Since the answer to my question is "none", where do those children learn about other ethnicities and cultural backgrounds if not in a public school environment?

You're wrong about that, ACW. Homeschooled children can be exposed to/learn about other ethnicities and cultural backgrounds,...

Where, in a book? 7 hours a day/5 days a week around mom, brothers and sisters doesn't allow homeschooled children much exposure to the outside world.

It's just that the parents can decide the setting those other ethnicities and cultural backgrounds are learned about. My daughter was homeschooled from second grade through twelfth grade. When we were still in California, she was friends with Mexicans, Asians, and her best friend was African American. Most of them were met at church and in our neighborhood. A few were met at homeschooling "field trips," where a bunch of homeschooling families would meet at the local skating rink or parks.

That's why I admire Christian parents that send their children to public schools; amongst other things they're not afraid to allow their children to share the Word of God with those outside of their church environment setting.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not necessarily proud of my heritage (most of my uncles were members of the KKK before I was born). But, I'm not ashamed of my skin color, like I've been told I should be by many people. I think, with me, that I'm more proud of things that I can control in my life than the things I cannot control. I don't feel guilty for being white or for the things my ancestors did. I have nothing to do with any of that. I also know that, without God, I wouldn't be the person I am. Thank you, God, for allowing me to go through what I have.

I Googled "Jesus and race" and funny thing, He never talked about skin color. The further I go in my walk with Christ, the color of someone's skin is meaningless. One would think that in a Christian forum others would think that way as well.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I Googled "Jesus and race" and funny thing, He never talked about skin color. The further I go in my walk with Christ, the color of someone's skin is meaningless. One would think that in a Christian forum others would think that way as well.

Skin color means nothing, in my opinion. Culture and race are two different things. I can honestly say that I haven't even considered a person's skin color in the last thirty years.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where, in a book? 7 hours a day/5 days a week around mom, brothers and sisters doesn't allow homeschooled children much exposure to the outside world.
Well, I already told you that my daughter had friends of many other skin colors and cultures. And, most of them were living in our neighborhood.

And, as to the seven hours a day/five days a week around mom, brothers, and sisters, you're showing me how little you actually know about homeschooling. You're spouting the claptrap that I've heard for years. None of it is true for most homeschoolers, including us. My husband and I took turns teaching my daughter until his death, in 1999. Whenever she wanted to learn something that we couldn't teach (geology, horseback riding, karate), we found other people to teach her. We usually had four day weeks and, until she started high school, we never had a seven hour school day.

That's why I admire Christian parents that send their children to public schools; amongst other things they're not afraid to allow their children to share the Word of God with those outside of their church environment setting.

I've never met a homeschooling parent who was afraid to allow their children to share the Word with others, outside of the church. My own reason for homeschooling was because a public school teacher (in California, no less) suggested it because I told her that I thought she was wrong when she punished my daughter for wanting to learn more than she was willing to teach her. Also, my opinion on sending our children out into the field as missionaries, we're supposed to protect our children until they are able to take care of themselves. Part of that may, for some, include not sending their children into the world to be taught ungodly things by the people that we're supposed to trust to help us protect them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Skin color means nothing, in my opinion. Culture and race are two different things. I can honestly say that I haven't even considered a person's skin color in the last thirty years.

not even when choosing up sides to play hide and seek in the dark? :banana:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

What "culture" would you be speaking of?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

I've never met a homeschooling parent who was afraid to allow their children to share the Word with others, outside of the church.

My point is that it's very limited opportunity. Besides, not many secular kids want to listen to what a kid that (as they put it) "is too good to go to school with us" has to say.

My own reason for homeschooling was because a public school teacher (in California, no less) suggested it because I told her that I thought she was wrong when she punished my daughter for wanting to learn more than she was willing to teach her. Also, my opinion on sending our children out into the field as missionaries, we're supposed to protect our children until they are able to take care of themselves. Part of that may, for some, include not sending their children into the world to be taught ungodly things by the people that we're supposed to trust to help us protect them.

While I respect your right as a parent to educate your children as you best see fit, there are many on this website that are homeschool advocates whom I wouldn't let my children be anywhere near. If you need examples, I have plenty.

I'll stick with trying to make our public school system what it once was:

#1 in the world.

Danoh

I know one thing. They dont need to be exposed to the gangster culture of the inner city. No need to be told they are acting white or betraying "their people". No thank you. All that resentment and hostility and whitey is out to get me can stay as far away from my kids as possible. If that means homeschooling, then so be it.

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

Why?

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

At the same, time; I can't say I blame you.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now, you are either playing dumb or you're trying to get me to start to sound like I'm a racist. Everybody lives differently because of the people they live around or where they live. I grew up, in a mostly Portuguese farming community in central California. Most of the families there were Roman Catholic who did a lot of things differently than my own family did (redneck farmers from Oklahoma and Arkansas). I understood that then and did my best to get along with most of them. My best friend's family was one of those families. The first time I stayed the night at her house, I almost got sick because, with it being a Friday, her mom was cooking fishhead soup. Her mom understood that I wasn't Catholic and wasn't stuck with the whole eating fish on Fridays thing. So, she got into her fridge for the leftover from Thursday for my dinner. That's one example of a cultural difference.

MrDante

Proud of the Lord who made me, yes. He chose my skin color. Why should i be ashamed?
outside of your little fantasy world no one is suggesting you should be.

He didnt choose your sexuality, huge difference, one is an action and the other an inborn trait.
I didn't choose my orientation and neither did you.

Im proud to be a child of God, my pride is in Him, not myself.

Youre proud of sin.

I confront racism and lies about African Americans as well ... Do you think that makes me black?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Now, you are either playing dumb or you're trying to get me to start to sound like I'm a racist...

I was hoping that you'd agree with me and millions of other Americans of different skin colors and backgrounds that the Judeo-Christian culture is the most superior culture the world has ever seen and will ever see.

Shhhh: Judeo-Christian Culture Is Actually...Superior
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2011/04/shhhh_judeochristian_culture_i.html

ClimateSanity

I usually expect mind numbingly stupid posts like this to come from Angel4truth.

But please, go on and enlighten us on just how they are two unrelated things. :cool:

Sexuality is how you choose to use your genitals and in what manner.

Orientation is a word to describe an idea some people have conjured up. This idea states that who you engage in sex with is wholly determined by genetics alone and is unchangeable.