Saved Can Be Revoked

oatmeal

13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

I said
I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with whether or not you can be disqualified. Look at the context of every verse. If , If , If. That is a condition.

2 Tim 2:11-14
11 This is a faithful saying: for if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
12 If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, he also will deny us.
13 If we are faithless, he remains faithful; he cannot deny Himself.
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
(NKJ)

You can be disqualified, fall from grace, fall short of salvation.

1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Heb 4:1
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
(NKJ)

No you cannot, the context is our attitude our believing not our eternal life salvation.

oatmeal

You can fall short of salvation, You can be disqualified from salvation, and you can fall from grace.
Like it or not that is what it says. Have you been walking in that deceptive state of mind where you don't have the fear of God leading you? You need that fear to be obedient.

Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
(NKJ)

Matt 10:28
28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(NKJ)

I do not fear God, I love God

What is the first and great commandment?

a. Thou shalt fear God so that you can be obedient

b. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all of you are and ever become

Love is the greatest motivator and God is love

God is what?

a. fear

b. love

oatmeal

Find out where you stand.

I have eternal life and no one one in this age of grace,( not the gospels), who has it will ever lose it.

It is eternal life, not life until someone screws it up for me.

I John 5:13

It is impossible for anyone or anything to snatch us our of the Father's hand and Jesus Christ's hand

oatmeal

I said
Do you think that you are more righteous than Paul was?

Phil 3:10-13
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
(NKJ)

Every believer in this age of grace has the righteousness of God

II Corinthians 5:21

How much they exercise it, how much they use it, is a different matter.

Paul used it greatly

oatmeal

I happen to agree with you Squeaky.

Hebrews 6:4-6King James Version (KJV)

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Only those who continue to hear the voice of the Savior will be saved.

Read it again Brighty

Where does that passage mention losing the gift of salvation/eternal life?

Is falling away a sin?

Did Jesus Christ die for all your sins or not?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Seems like people still do not distinguish between the records of Jesus work in progress, the Gospels and the records of what his works accomplished, the epistles.

Applying truths from the times of the work in progress to the time of the work completed compounds errors.

If we can lose our salvation, his eternal life, then what did Jesus Christ accomplish?

Nothing

However, Jesus Christ's works made it real, and true that we cannot lose our eternal life once we have received it

I said
What Jesus accomplished was a new covenant(Testament)

[2Co 3:14
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the [veil] is taken away in Christ.
[Heb 9:16
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No you cannot, the context is our attitude our believing not our eternal life salvation.

I said
You seem to have a way to much imagination in there.
[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I do not fear God, I love God

What is the first and great commandment?

a. Thou shalt fear God so that you can be obedient

b. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all of you are and ever become

Love is the greatest motivator and God is love

God is what?

a. fear

b. love

I said
Can you define love with the scriptures?

oatmeal

None. However a person with free will can walk away.

You were born again of incorruptible seed by the word of God which lives and abides forever.

Can you change the DNA your earthly parents gave you?

Well, can you change the spiritual DNA that your Heavenly Father gave you?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have eternal life and no one one in this age of grace,( not the gospels), who has it will ever lose it.

It is eternal life, not life until someone screws it up for me.

I John 5:13

It is impossible for anyone or anything to snatch us our of the Father's hand and Jesus Christ's hand

I said
Do you know the Holy Spirit? He is the only guarantee of salvation in the whole bible.

[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

And the Holy Spirit only quotes scripture.
[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Every believer in this age of grace has the righteousness of God

II Corinthians 5:21

How much they exercise it, how much they use it, is a different matter.

Paul used it greatly

I said
To be in Christ one must be in the revelations of Jesus Christ. And one is not even Christ's until they have crucified all their emotions.

[Gal 5:24
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You were born again of incorruptible seed by the word of God which lives and abides forever.

I said
I'm sorry for you. That you do not know that one can fall from grace, be disqualified, or even fall short of salvation.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It is possible to walk away from the Heavenly Father just as from earthly parents.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read it again Brighty

Where does that passage mention losing the gift of salvation/eternal life?

Is falling away a sin?

Did Jesus Christ die for all your sins or not?

Read Hebrews 6:4-8 again. Who are those who were once enlightened? Who are those who have tasted the good Word? Who are those who it is impossible to renew again to repentance for they would again crucify the Son of God?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Being saved, born again of incorruptible seed, having received the gift of eternal life is the first step.

After that we can learn to use that gift or we can stagnate.

If we choose to apply ourselves to do God's words, we will mature and grow, just like any baby can learn and grow and reach their full potential

I said
someone has lied to you. Eternal life is the goal, not the first step. One must go through the milk understanding then go through the meat understanding then come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. I'm sharing the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is correct, but unless it is rightly divided word of truth, we will not have the true word

I said
The only one who can rightly divide the Word is the Holy Spirit. You don't seem to rely on the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses. You seem to rely on your own opinion.

[Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

oatmeal

I said
To be in Christ one must be in the revelations of Jesus Christ. And one is not even Christ's until they have crucified all their emotions.

[Gal 5:24
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

There are two parts to consider.

Our original salvation, the gift

and what we do with it to be in Christ, that is, to be in fellowship with believers, God and his son. I John 1:3

The Galatians were saved by not walking in grace, they were not walking by the spirit but by the flesh

They were not in Christ in their minds, hearts and lifestyle, they were still carnal in their thinking.

Though they had confessed with their mouth the lord Jesus and believed in their hearts that God had raised them from the dead, they had not crucified the flesh, but they were saved.

They were members of the body of Christ, they were in Christ in that regard, but their minds, hearts where not there

oatmeal

I said
The only one who can rightly divide the Word is the Holy Spirit. You don't seem to rely on the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses. You seem to rely on your own opinion.

[Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Have you read II Timothy 2:15?

or I Timothy 4:13

Nothing about the spirit in either of those verses.

Sure the spirit of God can help us along, but without us reading and using our brains to learn, why should God bother?

Give yourself to reading

oatmeal

I said
someone has lied to you. Eternal life is the goal, not the first step. One must go through the milk understanding then go through the meat understanding then come to the revelations of Jesus Christ. I'm sharing the revelations of Jesus Christ.

I John 5:13 Sorry, I have the gift of eternal life and I have the witness of that in me. I John 5:10

If you had read those verses, you would have known now that you have the gift of eternal life now.

How long did you have to live to become your parents child? Did you have to perfect yourself to become a child of your parents? How many hoops did you have to go through before you acquired their DNA?

Whose child were you before you perfected yourself?

Romans 5:8

God did not wait til we were perfect for Jesus to die for our sins.

It is impossible for us to save ourselves without God's intervention.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God. I John 3:1-3

Truster

If salvation were revoked in a single instance it would mean the Eternal Father had broken the covenant between Himself and the Eternal Son.

This is a disgusting thought and I despise you for making such a statement.