• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COGTHW

Were they saved? If so, how do you know?

Read 20 clearly and slowly sir
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Obey Jesus Christ

marhig

Are you eternally secure in your salvation? If not, why not?

No, I'm being saved every day by the holy spirit, but if I turn and follow the lusts of my flesh and disobey God, then I believe he will turn away and leave me to it, true repentance is to turn from your sins. Jesus told the woman that he saved to go sin no more. I know that I can't mock God by thinking that he will just forgive what I do regardless. I know that I'm to do what's right before him, obey him, and live by his will and if I do this, he will stay with me and nothing in this world can touch me. But only if I do the will of God and not live by the will of my flesh and this world.

Jesus said those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

COGTHW

Cause God don't change, see that tells me you don't have the Spirit of God. I........SAID.......... God ............ DONT CHANGE. If He forsake them then He will now. His character don't change. 6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Malachi 3:6

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read 20 clearly and slowly sir
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Obey Jesus Christ

How do you know these men were saved? Does it say so. You have a better argument going to Hebrews Chapter 6. Yes, I do know Arminian Theology.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cause God don't change, see that tells me you don't have the Spirit of God. I........SAID.......... God ............ DONT CHANGE. If He forsake them then He will now. His character don't change. 6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Malachi 3:6

Obey Jesus Christ

Who said God changedHe just did not act on the New Testament through something that was obsolete.

COGTHW

Oh, I did not realize that it was ok to slander

If you have not the Spirit of Truth. You have the spirit of the father of lies. 'Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44

Obey Jesus Christ

COGTHW

Ok so if He don't change and said if you forsake Him He will do the same. Why you keep trying to push the issue.

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you have not the Spirit of Truth. You have the spirit of the father of lies. 'Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44

Obey Jesus Christ

That is not for to judge, All judgement is left to the Son.

marhig

You know God true people by word also. The bible clearly says

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2 Peter 2:20-21

Obey Jesus Christ
This is true. And these people in 2 peter 2 were Gods people gone wrong, not people who didn't know God. That's why they are without an excuse. And they are as dogs returning again to their vomit again and pigs wallowing in the mire.

COGTHW

You don't know bible Sir. You know bits and pieces that suit you. I know Scriptures for reproof, doctrine, and instruction unto righteousness. By the Power and understanding of God.

Obey Jesus Christ

COGTHW

What does Matthew 7:1-5 say?

What's does this say 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual JUDGETH ALL THINGS, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ. ; I keep telling you you are talking to no dummy I have my revelation by Jesus Christ not man wisdom 12 'For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.' Galatians 1:12

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is true. And these people in 2 peter 2 were Gods people gone wrong, not people who didn't know God. That's why they are without an excuse. And they are as dogs returning again to their vomit again and pigs wallowing in the mire.

From the Believer's Bible Commentary.

Verses 20-22 refer, not to the false teachers themselves, but to their victims. They are people who had reformed but were not born againThrough a partial knowledge of Christ and of Christian principles, they had turned from a life of sin and begun a moral house cleaning.Then they came under the influence of false teachers who mock puritanical virtue and crusade for liberation from moral inhibitions. They become involved again in the very sins from which they had been temporarily delivered. As a matter of fact they sink lower than before because now that religious restraints are gone, there is nothing to hold them back. So it is true their latter state is worse than the first.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's does this say 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual JUDGETH ALL THINGS, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ. ; I keep telling you you are talking to no dummy I have my revelation by Jesus Christ not man wisdom 12 'For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.' Galatians 1:12

Obey Jesus Christ

Oh my goodness. It is the reincarnation of Paul!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Obey Jesus Christ

For those of us who are not as knowledgeable as you would you properly annotate Book, Chapter and verse. It is only common courtesy.

COGTHW

Paul said He was taught by Jesus. You sir cannot fight with the Spirit of God that dwells within me. You are confused and lost repent obey Acts 2:38

Obey Jesus Christ